Anal fissure...

firstone

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hi,

Just before xmas after a particularly rough session, for the next few days I was really uncomfortable which has never happened. I ended up going to the doctor and he told me I had a fissure (a tear) and to give it a month. It's actually been a month now and the symptoms are much better but I do feel it's still there...I'm going again on friday.

Surely someone else here has had this? It mostly got me down as I really do love being screwed! And if I leave it to heal 'naturally' I feel that it will just open up again. The other options sound a bit scary.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That doesn't sound much fun, you have my sympathy, maybe be a bit gentler in future. I've read that fissures can take ages to heal so you're doing the right thing going back and not taking any chances until it's properly healed.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
WHAT IS AN ANAL FISSURE?
[URL]http://www.rectogesic.com.au/images/FIB0011_smll.jpg

[/URL]An anal fissure, sometimes called an anal ulcer, is a common painful condition in which the lining of the anal canal is torn. It is often confused with haemorrhoids. The anal canal is the cylindrical tube at the end of the rectum, which ends at the anus. The torn skin becomes inflamed and produces pain, especially with bowel movements.

WHAT CAUSES AN ANAL FISSURE?
Most anal fissures arise following trauma (injury) to the anus and are usually related to abnormal bowel movements. A hard, dry bowel movement can cause a tear in the anal lining, resulting in a fissure. Other causes include bouts of diarrhoea and childbirth. Spasm of the anal sphincter muscle prevents the tissue from leaking.

WHAT ARE THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF AN ANAL FISSURE?
The most common symptoms are pain during and after a bowel movement. The pain is mainly due to intense spasm in the internal anal sphincter muscle. Because bowel movements are painful, many people complain of constipation. Other symptoms include rectal burning, bleeding or itching and a tearing sensation. An anal lump, usually a swollen skin tag associated with the fissure, may also be noted.

HOW IS AN ANAL FISSURE TREATED?
Avoid constipation by eating a diet rich in fibre. A Chronic Anal Fissure is treated by surgery or Rectogesic™ Ointment. These treatments work by removing the anal muscle spasm.

WHAT DOES SURGICAL TREATMENT INVOLVE?
Surgical treatment involves cutting the lower part of the internal anal muscle (sphincterotomy). This can lead to incontinence (loss of control of bowel motions) in up to 20% of cases. (I had 2 surgeries, about 10 years apart and do not have this problem.)

There are ointments that the docotor may prescribe. After my last surgery, I had to use an ointment for several weeks. He also had me into his office for several months, a couple of times a month, to stick his fingers usp my ass ot stretch the area.

Might suggest eating lots of fiber or taking a stool softener and when having anal sex, use lots and lots of lub or have sex with a person having a smaller girth then the one who caused the problem.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have nipple fissures and breastfeeding was like getting your fingernails ripped off painful. They started when i hit puberty and are still there. They are just deep natural cracks that can split and when the piercer clamped them to pierce my nipples, they ripped open again. As painful as my nipples have been throughout the years, i dont know how i could handle the pain of an anal fissure. You poor dear! I hope it eventually goes away. Im sure its more capable of healing in tissue that has mucosa than the nipples would be.

firstone

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok...so for the guy who had one, are you still able to have anal sex? That's all I'm worried about! I've just read that even if it heals naturally (and far moreso than if you had surgery) it can easily open up again.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can't answer the question about anal sex because being straight I don't have anal sex. That is a question you will have to ask a physician. However, I do know that after a large hard bowel movement the fissure can open up and if I see blood I take stiz baths to help it close up again.

Sitz baths are a low risk, medicine-free solution to many health issues. Sitz baths are used to treat hemorrhoids, prostrate infections, anal and vaginal fissures.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had an anal lump removed two years ago. It caused me no pain, but feeling it every time I took a shower started to bother me. I saw the doctor and he thought it was a fissure. When he put the probe in (which was very painful), he said it didn't appear to be one, and that maybe it would go away on its own, possibly dry up.

I went back a month later and it was no better. I followed up the next month and it was still the same, so he suggested surgery. I was kind of reluctant, but I was also concerned, so a few months later I had it removed. I got the report back a few weeks later and it turned out to be nothing.

Because of where it was it couldn't be stitched--it's something that has to heal on it's own, from the inside out, kind of like a pilonidal cyst. Stitches will only cause an infection. The problem is that every time I would have a bowel movement, the area would stretch causing it to heal extremely slowly. It didn't hurt but it was very frustrating seeing a little blood every day. It took about 3-4 months to completely heal and a few months after that to look normal. The surgeon did an excellent job and you can't tell anything was ever there.

You had posted about this before. Make sure you follow up with your doctor. Good luck.

asta4125

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had anal fissures about a year ago. It was not a fun experience. I am not gay by any means, so it was not caused by another dudes dick. What happend was I was on a roller coaster, wearing shorts. Well about halfway through the ride, my shorts started to hike up on me, leaving alot of skin under my leg and thigh, in contact with the plastic seat I was sitting on. Well the roller coaster made a hard turn to the right, my thigh stuck to the seat, making my ass spread open which caused a tear. It sucked, lots of bleeding, and it became infected from the bowl movments. Went to the dr, tried to have it heal on its own, it did not work. I had to have surgury, the had to cauterize the tear. It was one of the most painfull things that has ever happened to me. Not fun!

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have an anal fissure in the most uncomfortable of places: at the opening of my rectum. It was the unfortunate result from being raped. I've learned to get over it, but I do have to treat it and warn my sexual partners that it's there so if bleeding starts, they know they're not really hurting me.

I have almost cut out anal completely from my repertoire, but I sometimes risk the consequences if I feel like it's worth it.

Thankfully the one on the rectal entrance is the only fissure that I have, but it causes alot of problems.

asta4125

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have an anal fissure in the most uncomfortable of places: at the opening of my rectum. It was the unfortunate result from being raped. I've learned to get over it, but I do have to treat it and warn my sexual partners that it's there so if bleeding starts, they know they're not really hurting me.

I have almost cut out anal completely from my repertoire, but I sometimes risk the consequences if I feel like it's worth it.

Thankfully the one on the rectal entrance is the only fissure that I have, but it causes alot of problems.

??? A fissure is just a tear. Anal fissures is well.....a tear of the rectum. Which is also what I had, dude... you cant let it keep bleeding like that. You need to go get it treated, and def not let anyone fuck you there. Evertime you have a bowl movement it gets more infected, and it tears more. Go to the dr and get it fixed, its really painfull, but well worth it.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^^ I meant that I don't have any deeper in my tract. I should get it taken care of, but I've been really scared to do it for some reason.

I also don't have medical insurance so I've been trying to stay away from medical facilities altogether...but that's a bit of a cop-out.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This is a great thread, although an uneasy subject to read about. What I like best is that it sort of destroys the myth regarding gay sex and hemorrhoids -- although not the same thing as an anal fissure and not mentioned in this thread. The myth is that anal sex is a folk cure for hemorrhoids. I can't imagine anyone believing this to be true.

An ex lover insisted upon me fucking him even though he had developed a serious problem with hemorrhoids. Eventually, a deep internal 'roid tore and developed into an anal fissure. He was not a terribly happy boy for a very long time. It took him several years of care and regular exams after seriously dangerous surgery before he was his old bottom slut self. (Note: the danger was the potential of developing a post-operative infection leading to sepsis. Pretty, no?)

Ouch! And I hope you gents with the fissures recover. My heart goes out to you, whether you're straight OR gay -- which should go without saying, but I said it.

SoCal8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had anal fissures about a year ago. It was not a fun experience. I am not gay by any means, so it was not caused by another dudes dick. What happend was I was on a roller coaster, wearing shorts. Well about halfway through the ride, my shorts started to hike up on me, leaving alot of skin under my leg and thigh, in contact with the plastic seat I was sitting on. Well the roller coaster made a hard turn to the right, my thigh stuck to the seat, making my ass spread open which caused a tear. It sucked, lots of bleeding, and it became infected from the bowl movments. Went to the dr, tried to have it heal on its own, it did not work. I had to have surgury, the had to cauterize the tear. It was one of the most painfull things that has ever happened to me. Not fun!

Likely Story! Just kidding. A fissure of any kind is no laughing matter and should be taken care of by a physician as quickly as possible.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Oh sure, the old "roller coaster" excuse. If I had a dime for everytime I heard this one.....Oh wait, I'd have a dime:rolleyes: Seriously, it sounds horrible. Hope you totally healed now.