anal sex, safe?

NewDeek

Just Browsing
Media
i was just watching some videos in xtube and this came to my mind. is it safe to have anal sex? it looks to me kind of risky since you could get an infection. the anus is full dirty and that is just dangerous. i think even if wearing a condom it could be risky. also, is it safe to wash your butt hole and then touch your penis; or when masturbating, touching your butt hole and then touch you dick head? what do you think? is it safe, normal, or just not a good idea.

shotinstar

Sexy Member
Media
the anus is full dirty and that is just dangerous. i think even if wearing a condom it could be risky.
It would only be risky if the condom burst, or has a hole in it, or manufacturer fault. Gems don't get pass the latex. Otherwise, doctors and surgeons would be at risk.

also, is it safe to wash your butt hole and then touch your penis;
There shouldn't be any major risk. The soap is intended to kill the gems. If you think the gems would survive and move to your butt, then perhaps you should considering washing your dishes one-by-one separately to avoid gems spread.

or when masturbating, touching your butt hole and then touch you dick head?
The risk should be minimum, considering it's your gem from your own body. Your body would have produced to antibody to counter attack. Otherwise, how can you survive with the dirty stuff inside your body before shitting out ?? As they are as poisonous as you said, you wouldn't be here now.

Bear in mind: risk is always there. I have never said zero risk, even in the impossible way. In quantum mechanics, everything is possible!!

MCA

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The only issue I had with it was when I got done with one of my GF's ass, I then went on to pound her pussy for awhile afterwards. Mistake. She got an infection, as I recall. We never knew if it was from that, but we both assumed it was. I've heard of things like this happening before. Not necessarily going to happen, but it could.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Mostly the risks are of the same things you can get from vaginal sex, rather than from it being "dirty", that is from STDs. So yeah, you'd want to use a condom to minimise those risks.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Anal sex isn't safe if you're doing it with a stranger, doing it without a condom, or trying to rush it and pound it like you would a pussy. Anal sex is something that's very delicate. . .you absolutely CANNOT expect to have him go all the way in you the first time. Otherwise, there's a very high chance that you'll bleed, and trust me: you DO NOT want a wound that's continually torn open and infected every time you have to use the bathroom.

If you have a safe partner that's willing to give you all the time you need, getting fucked feels really good. If you can't find someone that's willing to give you more than a few tries (as in, at least three or four separate encounters) before you start enjoying it, just finger yourself and/or use a dildo instead. Don't expect to comfortably get more than about an inch inside of you the first time, and if it hurts? STOP and try again later.

And, as was said before: The more lube is used, the less it will hurt.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Of course t is safe. if your the one with the std. But for the other person:thumbsdown2:

Well, actually you can you still transmit it to the other person if a condom isn't used. I truly hope you weren't serious, because ignorance and disinformation like this is are a huge part of the reason why so many people become infected with STDs annually.

clav2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The only issue I had with it was when I got done with one of my GF's ass, I then went on to pound her pussy for awhile afterwards. Mistake. She got an infection, as I recall. We never knew if it was from that, but we both assumed it was. I've heard of things like this happening before. Not necessarily going to happen, but it could.

This is why girls are taught to wipe front to back.

leckyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
yeah... but the main reason for wiping from front to back is to prevent UTI's

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not safe at all.

Too many germs up there.

Would you smear my faeces over your cock?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Anal sex can be safe and extremely pleasurable for the participants involved. Unfortunately there are some societal taboos and misinformation that you need to overcome in order to enjoy it. Many of the posts above, as well as the OP's promote some of the misconceptions associated with anal sex.

If you're truly interested there is a great book called Anal Pleasure & Health, here's a review: Review of Anal Pleasure and Health

Unless you are in a committed monogamous relationship, it is advised that you wear a condom.

If you have more questions, post them and I'll try to give you answers that are void of shame and judgment and focus on making the experience and enjoyable one for you and your partner.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Unless you are in a committed monogamous relationship, it is advised that you wear a condom.

Well, this is where my opinion differs from the general consensus; the anus/rectum harbors a lot of bacteria, parasites, amoebas etc that are contagious, even in a person without a single STD. These things can enter the urethra and cause a nasty case of bacterial prostatitis and/or a UTI.

A condom also lubes up better, since it doesn't have any folds, protrusions, etc and can reduce friction for the receiving partner. If my boyfriend didn't want to buy condoms, I would buy them myself. If he didn't want to use condoms, he wouldn't be my boyfriend in the first place.

As a side note, i've talked to a few gay guys that've gotten HIV because their partner lied about their status. They figured it was okay to have unprotected sex with their boyfriend, and they regretted it later. For yourself and the entire human race, go and get tested together, and insist on using protection.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, this is where my opinion differs from the general consensus; the anus/rectum harbors a lot of bacteria, parasites, amoebas etc that are contagious, even in a person without a single STD. These things can enter the urethra and cause a nasty case of bacterial prostatitis and/or a UTI.

A condom also lubes up better, since it doesn't have any folds, protrusions, etc and can reduce friction for the receiving partner. If my boyfriend didn't want to buy condoms, I would buy them myself. If he didn't want to use condoms, he wouldn't be my boyfriend in the first place.

Of course, that's a personal decision for you. There are innumerable couples who are monogamous and free of stds and who have engaged in anal sex without condoms and have never experienced a bacterial prostatitis or a uti. Again, I highly recommend the book because it provided a plethora of information on this subject and it helps to dispel or manage many myths or misconceptions. It may be possible for the scenario you described to occur, it has never happened to myself and none of my friends have shared that it's happened to them or inhibited their behavior in their committed monogamous relationships with their partners. Your experience may be different though.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
It's believed that between 80 and 100% of gay men around the world have intestinal parasitic infections. In separate studies, the parasites gay men carry -- E. dispar (formerly E. histolytica), other so-called "nonpathological" amebae and Giardia -- have been shown to be specifically associated with a suppression of cell mediated immunity, elevation of IgM, depressed CD4:CD8 ratios, and increased risk for seroconversion to - and seropositivity for - HIV.

Anal sex and analingus has been clinically proven to be the most common cause of giardia infections. This is why it's important to have anal sex AFTER a shower, and with protection. Practitioners of alternative medicine also recommend a parasite cleanse.

As a side note: Thrusting - even with lube - causes the breaking of tiny blood vessels in the vagina or anus. Even when tiny, these can become infected and lead to hemorrhoids, infections or even prolapse. This again reinforces the necessity for HYGIENE and DISCRETION.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's believed that between 80 and 100% of gay men around the world have intestinal parasitic infections.

I'm not going to spend too much time on this. Considering that not 80-100% of gay men engage in unprotected anal sex or rimming, I can't even imagine where you got those figures from. So if you're gay, you're infected with something? Um, ok. You have your beliefs fine; I have my experiences and my beliefs. There is a lot of hysteria when it comes to anal sex and much of that is homophobic even in some gay people. If you want to have safe and pleasurable anal sex, arm yourself with expert knowledge, the book I suggested is a great place to start.

Big Swinging Dick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They figured it was okay to have unprotected sex with their boyfriend, and they regretted it later. For yourself and the entire human race, go and get tested together, and insist on using protection.

Some people here might let this slide by without comment but it's this kind of attitude that really pisses me the fuck off.

Would you also suggest that a straight married couple who don't have an STD between them use condoms for the rest of their lives as well?

If you don't also suggest straight people in a monogomous relationship do the same then you're obviously implying that gay men are a bunch of lying whores.

Either that or you work for a condom making factory. :wink:

I've been with my boyfriend for going on eight years and we don't use any condoms and have never had any kind of STD scare. But then, when I call him my boyfriend, I mean that we live together and we're monogomous and there's earned trust. I don't call someone my boyfriend if I just met them five minutes ago at some bar although I know plenty of guys who do.

As someone else said, you just have to be careful (i.e. not fuck like a maniac) and you'll greatly reduce any bleeding or other problems that might be associated with anal sex.

But to suggest (although it was more like you were demanding) that all gay men should use condoms during sex for the rest of their lives even in a truly monogomous relationship is on the hysterical side.

Almost as hysterical as the OP in fact who seems to think fucking an ass is any filthier than fucking a bloody yeasty vagina. :rolleyes:

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Some people here might let this slide by without comment but it's this kind of attitude that really pisses me the fuck off.

Would you also suggest that a straight married couple who don't have an STD between them use condoms for the rest of their lives as well?

Yes. STDs, infections and shit on your dick knows no gender or orientation, so don't get your pants in a bunch over nothing.

As someone else said, you just have to be careful (i.e. not fuck like a maniac)
Yeah, that would help.

I'm not "hysterical" just because i've researched the subject of viruses, bacteria, parasites and the risk of being infected with them. I've had A LOT of people - mostly gay men - cuss me out and tell me that i'm offending them because I insist on using a condom. Just because you don't want to use a condom doesn't mean that I don't, and i've had to turn down a lot of sexual offers simply because they "couldn't get hard in a condom," and they took it out on me. I've talked to A LOT of men and women who said that they had a friend that died of AIDS, and i've also known people that have died, or are currently infected with it. I simply don't want to catch something that's known as horrible and incurable.

I'm willing to bet that if anyone here found out that they were HIV+, that they would go into a severe depression and freak out about it, am I right? Every sexually active person has had at least one instance where they felt that they could have been infected with it, and this is why STD testing is so popular.