Analysis: Democrats self-destructing over ethics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_spiker067, Feb 20, 2009.

1. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Analysis: Democrats self-destructing over ethics

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration and the new Congress are quickly handing over to Republicans the same "culture of corruption" issue that Democrats used so effectively against the GOP before coming to power

Link:The Associated Press: Analysis: Democrats self-destructing over ethics

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Democrats are as crooked at Republicans. The debate is only which of the two are better at it.

2. Flashy

Gold Member

this should make for another amusing thread :biggrin1:

3. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Flashy: "this should make for another amusing thread :biggrin1:"

--------------------

This thread was tired after reading its title and "spiker067".

4. Flashy

Gold Member

not to nitpick WT, but why do you always reprint what people say instead of just quoting?

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is precisely why the majority of Americans are Independents.

I find it odd in the extreme, however, that Republicans are gleeful with saying "Look, they're as bad as we are! See? We're all corrupt!"

Such sentiment isn't likely to turn Massachusetts (or Virginia, for that matter) blue again.

6. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    They're a plurality, not majority. I believe independents make up ~40% of the electorate (don't quote me), and that makes them a plurality, as they have less than 50%. Sorry to nitpick.

7. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Significantly less than that. In states where you are asked to declare a party affiliation, Independents are something like 20-30%. Less than those that declare Republican or Democrat if I remember correctly.

8. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:

all you politically savvy drudgereport lurking afficionados are fucking losers go for a run or lift some weights. If you aren't going to do something good for your country, at least do something good for yourself.

#8 Skull Mason, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  9. houtx48

Gold Member

i like how"100%'' str8's, like there is such a thing, tell people what to do...lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    ????

11. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Color me independent.

What is funny is that the liberals here are in denial. Dems have been morally bankrupt for decades themselves. The awakening should be that congress as a whole is bankrupt and so the power structure has to be fundamentally changed somehow.

That is unless you guys actually think you and yours in congress are truly paragons of virtue (and intelligence).

12. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never said (and I doubt anyone else ever said) that Democrats are not corrupt. Both parties are. However, I agree with their policies more, so I'd rather have a corrupt person with whom I agree for the most part than someone who's corrupt and with whom I disagree.

13. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

I don't think anyone who thinks seriously about corruption in politics believes that any party is immune from it's influence. We have had periods in US history when both the Democrats and Republicans have been more directly associated with corruption. The Harding administration for example is generally recognized as one of the most systemically corrupt. Personally, I think the GW Bush tenure will be seen similarly given both the public and private malfeasance, with what is likely to be uncovered.

The bottom line -- this sort of article is red meat for partisans, but is not all that meaningful in any broader context. If a politician of either party takes bribes, such as Diane Wilkerson (D, shamefully) here in Boston, who stuffed payoffs into her bra, we should throw them out of office or indict them. But, get over the 'Dems are bad too!' obsession.

Draft saved Draft deleted