Analysis: On the way out, it's Bush the statesman

Discussion in 'Politics' started by houtx48, Nov 12, 2008.

1. houtx48

Gold Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL where does yahoo come up with this crap? statesman is about as far from what he is as i am queen of england.

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm in agreement. I finally switched to gmail, because the number of misspellings and outright bad grammar in Yahoo's articles. I think they pull the majority of their stuff from the Associated Press, as do many paper news outlets. But it's obvious they are pandering to the uneducated masses. After all, that is the profile of their largest user group.

If you've already claimed Queen of England then I get to be Queen of France! LOL!

3. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

I think u made a poor choice of country to be Queen of there mate... probs safer to choose Sweden or somwhere like that :wink:

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

I don't want to go to France, I just want to claim that I'm Queen of France. No worries. I've spent far too much time north of Andorra to know what kind of trouble I'd be in if I tried to play a Hapsburg (sp?) hanging with the foofy crowd of the 17th Century.

5. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

Just makin sure you know what your lettin yourself in for Your Majesty :smile:

6. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    A lot of these online news sources have no actual journalism in them. They just cut and paste news straight off the wire with no fact checking or sourcing.

Absolute junk.

7. Flashy

Gold Member

It is not Yahoo...it is the Associated Press.

Yahoo, Google, AOL, MSNBC etc and newspapers and Websites reprint AP stories throughout the world.

type this into Google
    Analysis: On the way out, it's Bush the statesman

and you will get over a million results....most of them show the links to every form of media the article is licensed to.

when it says (AP) before an article, it is from the Associated Press. Same as when you see (AFP) it is from Agence French Presse.

this is not a "yahoo" article.

if you disagree with the article, take it up with AP writer Ben Feller who wrote it.

8. Flashy

Gold Member

9. houtx48

Gold Member

Bush said he would return to Texas when he hands over the presidency Jan. 20 and may write a book.................write a book, roflao , tears streaming down face " oh really". he should get his own comedy show.

10. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

He will write books I’m sure and I really hope Dick Cheney does as well. I know we will not find out any of the really good stuff but looking forward to them. I’ll be first in line to get them as I will be at the opening of his Presidential Library.

You gotta remember, not all of us are blinded by leftwing hate

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, any criticism of this administration simply must be left-wing hatred...because heaven knows, all the hard-line GOP right wingers absolutely love the guy. It was so readily evident in all the cross-country campaigning he was doing for all of them trying to hold onto their seats in Congress. :rolleyes:

You're blind, alright...but it has nothing to do with partisan politics.

12. beretta8

Gold Member

Albums:
    some are just blind.....

13. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    he won't write a book because there isn't a publisher interested

Bush's Memoir: Publishers Say No Thanks

i'l be happy when he, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Baker and the rest of the bunch are hauled before The Hague, tried for war crimes and jailed.

14. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
  15. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

I was basing my leftwing hatred comment on this website and of course if the shoe fits…

And no he was not campaigning as he has gotten a bad rap lately but history will look kindly on him for doing what needed done. :cool:

16. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Luckily we have objective, independent thinkers like you to set us straight.

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Luck has no part in it. The only question remaining is whether you're smart enough to avail yourself of the lessons, or continue to wallow in the effluvium of willful ignorance.

18. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Dunno what effluvium means, but I am curious about the 'lessons' that have been sent down to us. Indulge us.

I do understand 'willful ignorance' and its right next to your avatar.

19. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL, yeah. Liberal publishers and writers wouldn't want first-hand accounts and facts to get in the way of the propaganda they have perfected over the last 8 years, right? Honestly any journalist or historian that says no-thanks to a book authored by one of the most significant figures in modern history (any 8 year president automatically makes the list) is just a partisan propagandist that seeks to censor critical information from the public. These are the same people that reported on the front pages of their newspapers for MONTHS about Abu Graib, even after the public was bored to tears with it. These are the same kind of people that get tingles up their leg when finally a promising candidate that represents his party speaks. The same guy that literally said that he thought that as a journalist his job was to help a guy with a common ideology succeed in a position that he did everything to destroy while being held by a guy that didn't share his ideology.

They are so transparent, and they think we are too stupid to recognize it. Take Kieth Olberman for instance. After 8 years of the most vicious, one-sided partisan attacks of anyone on television (even worse than Sean Hanity), he has the NERVE to try to have us believe that the reason he DIDN'T VOTE was to show the world that he 'didn't have a horse in the race'.

Yes, they think we are THAT stupid.

Why not just be honest - no liberal wants to publish Bush's memoirs for one of two reasons - #1 they fear being black-balled or boycotted, #2 they fear that it may contradict the lies they they put forth in their propaganda. It could be both. Either way, as a whole they are corrupt, dishonest, and are negligent in their journalistic duties and thus a harm to the fabric of our country - which is supposed to include a free press that keeps power in check. Apparently their own party's power is what they are trying to NOT keep in check. God help America.

20. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rofl:

Where do these people come from?!?

Newsflash, kiddo...book publishers think with one objective in mind: sales. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that sales of a memoir authored by the least popular president in history on his way out the door won't be exactly stellar.

Draft saved Draft deleted