Anauresis/"public modesty"

belinoitaliano

Sexy Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always had difficuty peeing in public restrooms. Even if I feel an intense need to relieve myself, esp. when I've been drinking alot of beer, it's still no guarantee that when I unzip I'll be ready to fire away (as you can imagine, this is uncomfortable.) I'm usually there minutes at a time while other guys are filing in and out... if I'm at a urinal I usually assume a "hands up" position so guys don't think I'm jacking off or anything, but usually I go into the stalls.

The thing is, I've heard this condition often goes along with having a small dick (but then, according to those P.E. ads on late-night TV, so does not hitting on everything in sight, which I don't do either.) If it's psychological like that, maybe it has to do with those uncomfortable comments about my size I got in the 7th grade locker room?

Anyone else have this prob?

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I have the same problem. I can piss right away in a stall with no one looking. Even when I'm at a urinal and see that I'm bigger than the guys there, I still cant pee. There was some teasing about my dick being a tan colour when I was younger, maybe its stuck in the sub conscious...It is very annoying especailly when the stalls are full and I have to wait :grr:

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm that way to a degree, but finally begin the flow. I think my problem is because I'm thinking "will I see another dick" or "will anyone look at my dick". I've known some guys who actually can't piss no matter how long they stand there and wait, though. It seems Knight and belinoitaliano are both like this.

britlover

Experimental Member
Media
When I was a bit younger I used to have problems pissing at a public urinal. I don't seem to have any now. When I gotta flow, I gotta flow! :p

belinoitaliano

Sexy Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by thirteenpointhree@Mar 8 2005, 02:33 AM
same here

I can't use urinals, always go in the stall ....
I guess it's just an unconcious way to avoid any potential 'situations'..
[post=289098]Quoted post[/post]​

For the love of God, please tell me your avatar is a joke!

Lojeca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by belinoitaliano@Mar 7 2005, 04:12 PM
If it's psychological like that, maybe it has to do with those uncomfortable comments about my size I got in the 7th grade locker room?

[post=289005]Quoted post[/post]​

Being 'pee -shy' can happen to any man. I used to suffer from it quite frequently. A pyschological trick is to began doing multipication table in your head (1x1=1, 1x2=2, 2x2=4, or any other set.) while you are trying to pee. It actually works. When I was a pysch student in college, I learned it from a study that proved this (I cannot remember the reference right now). :( There is something when activating the 'math' part of the brain, that takes the mind off the task at hand. :) Sometimes takes a bit longer until you truly focus on the math, but I have many friends who have benefited from this...hope it helps.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Shy doesn't seem to be one of my "qualities".....so to speak. I can pee anywhere, anytime, with anyone, any gender, indoors, outdoors, urinals, toilets, sinks, floors, parking lots........ok, TMI. :evilgrin:

stu

Experimental Member
Media
i can go infront of other guys but it takes 20 or so seconds. i try and think about all sorts of things, nothing has worked to date. i haven't tried the mutiplication thing yet.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Lojeca+Mar 7 2005, 10:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lojeca &#064; Mar 7 2005, 10:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-belinoitaliano@Mar 7 2005, 04:12 PM
If it&#39;s psychological like that, maybe it has to do with those uncomfortable comments about my size I got in the 7th grade locker room?

Being &#39;pee -shy&#39; can happen to any man. I used to suffer from it quite frequently. A pyschological trick is to began doing multipication table in your head (1x1=1, 1x2=2, 2x2=4, or any other set.) while you are trying to pee. It actually works. When I was a pysch student in college, I learned it from a study that proved this (I cannot remember the reference right now). :( There is something when activating the &#39;math&#39; part of the brain, that takes the mind off the task at hand. :) Sometimes takes a bit longer until you truly focus on the math, but I have many friends who have benefited from this...hope it helps.
[post=289104]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

This actually works and I recommended it when it came up here sometime late last year. I very rarely get &#39;pee-shy&#39; but remembered reading about the math trick many years ago. I try to divide some number by 9 (no not 90 or 99 or 999&#33;) and within a few seconds, I&#39;m peeing. The key is making your brain work at the math.
I still use this trick when pee shyness happens to me once every few years or so.

LapDog :p

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I have to go, I have to go. Don&#39;t care who looks.

I bet if you could take a poll, you&#39;d find "pee shyness" to be related to age. Young guys are VERY uptight about their bodies now, much moreso than guys that grew up in the 1960s, 70s and early 80s. High school kids don&#39;t even shower anymore after gym class nowadays. Yuck. :)

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Mar 7 2005, 10:35 PM

I bet if you could take a poll, you&#39;d find "pee shyness" to be related to age. Young guys are VERY uptight about their bodies now, much moreso than guys that grew up in the 1960s, 70s and early 80s. High school kids don&#39;t even shower anymore after gym class nowadays. Yuck. :)
[post=289121]Quoted post[/post]​

This kind of ties in to a topic I started "Are we men" in et cetera. I think you are very on target, dcwrestlefan.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan@Mar 7 2005, 08:35 PM

[post=289121]Quoted post[/post]​
It&#39;s also more an urban thing than a rural thing. HTH

whatno

Just Browsing
Media
oi.. yeah, it&#39;s very annoying. I&#39;d only go to the bathroom if it was empty, or I&#39;d just end up standing in front of the urinal like some maniquin modeling the latest in bathroom fashion. You just can&#39;t get yourself to go, s&#39;frustrating.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Yes, I sometimes am pee shy. If I dn&#39;t start a stream almost immediately, then I get scared and it takes a whle to pee.

That is one of the reasons, I was understanding as a teacher. I knew that sometimes a guy just couldn&#39;t go during the break with a bunch of guys in the restroom and that was why he needed to go now even though class may have started just 10 minutes ago.

Originally posted by belinoitaliano@Mar 7 2005, 04:12 PM
I&#39;ve always had difficuty peeing in public restrooms. Even if I feel an intense need to relieve myself, esp. when I&#39;ve been drinking alot of beer, it&#39;s still no guarantee that when I unzip I&#39;ll be ready to fire away (as you can imagine, this is uncomfortable.) I&#39;m usually there minutes at a time while other guys are filing in and out... if I&#39;m at a urinal I usually assume a "hands up" position so guys don&#39;t think I&#39;m jacking off or anything, but usually I go into the stalls.

The thing is, I&#39;ve heard this condition often goes along with having a small dick (but then, according to those P.E. ads on late-night TV, so does not hitting on everything in sight, which I don&#39;t do either.) If it&#39;s psychological like that, maybe it has to do with those uncomfortable comments about my size I got in the 7th grade locker room?

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heh, I&#39;m on the list for this one too. It even catches me when I&#39;ve been drinking. There&#39;s plenty of fluid that needs to get out, but sometimes I tighten up and just can&#39;t relax right away.