Anauresis/"public modesty"

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 8 2005, 12:16 AM

It's also more an urban thing than a rural thing. HTH
[post=289141]Quoted post[/post]​

jonb, I totally agree. Guys that have grown up on farms and in rural areas in general are used to just whipping it out when they have to go. Hell, I'm 53 years old and it doesn't matter to me where I am, when I have to go I go. Of course I was raised in rural America and the only time it bothered me to piss in front of others was the 12 years of hell known as school.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Mar 8 2005, 05:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Mar 8 2005, 05:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dcwrestlefan@Mar 7 2005, 08:35 PM
If I have to go, I have to go.  Don&#39;t care who looks. 

I bet if you could take a poll, you&#39;d find "pee shyness" to be related to age.  Young guys are VERY uptight about their bodies now, much moreso than guys that grew up in the 1960s, 70s and early 80s.  High school kids don&#39;t even shower anymore after gym class nowadays.  Yuck.  :)
[post=289121]Quoted post[/post]​
It&#39;s also more an urban thing than a rural thing. HTH
[post=289141]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hmmmm. Been to a pro football or baseball game recently in a large city? None of the 35 and up crowd seem to have a problem whizzing in the stadium urinals around here. :)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My own feelings/experiences; I cannot really concentrate on pissing at a urinal when someone else just barges in and occupies the adjoining one.

Usually I just bolt for the stall unless there&#39;s either a hideous smell eminating from it, or it too has been rendered occupado :( . I wish I could say I can just duck out into the woods where the building is right next to, but unfortunately,the fat fascist of a security manager has the eyes of the world watching with all those cameras. :argh:

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
"My own feelings/experiences; I cannot really concentrate on pissing at a urinal when someone else just barges in and occupies the adjoining one.

Usually I just bolt for the stalll"

There was an earlier thread about using a stall/urinal

I can&#39;t find it now , but I too go for the stall if I can. The reason is that when I was aged about 11 I was assaulted ( not sexually) when standing at a urinal: so I tend to avoid them when possible.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Im not pee shy to the extent that I can&#39;t go, but I prefer not to go infront of other people, I will allways take the furthest away unoccupied urinal, and will often go into the stalls.

I absolutly will not use the urinals if a family member is with me, but I might if it&#39;s just a friend.

I would say its strange, but maybe it isnt so strange fter all to prefer the stalls.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by zzorus@Mar 8 2005, 05:50 AM
"My own feelings/experiences; I cannot really concentrate on pissing at a urinal when someone else just barges in and occupies the adjoining one.

Usually I just bolt for the stalll"

There was an earlier thread about using a stall/urinal

I can&#39;t find it now , but I too go for the stall if I can. The reason is that when I was aged about 11 I was assaulted ( not sexually) when standing at a urinal: so I tend to avoid them when possible.
[post=289198]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to say the same thing happened to me a bit younger. I can finally pee in the locker room at the Y if I don&#39;t feel threatened, but many places I&#39;m still uncomfortable.