And right after I get a job (two, actually)...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, Jun 2, 2008.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

... I get a call from the company I most wanted to hear back from, but had long since given up on. I tell ya, it's either too much or nothing at all.

2. transformer_99

Gold Member

Take the best offer, we're all whores, better to be a $ 1,000 call girl than a $ 20 street walker. Last year a guy took our job as the best offer, less than a month later he accepted another elsewhere that finally came thru at more money. It's the way the game's played, we're all free agents. That is, unless the job is down in Tampa, FL, you've been there and done that.

3. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Aha, no the job is here and the benefits package is potentially awesome. If it's anything like the work my friend was doing in the same industry, there's going to be a lot of travel involved but the pay is going to be well worth it. It's all just a means to an end anyway.

4. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Take the best offer and don't look back.

5. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Hell yeh. Right now, I need the most money I can get in the shortest time. After I get my debts paid down significantly, I can go back to working for $11/hr, no traveling, and be comfortable with it.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

tee hee hee :biggrin1: I misread the title of this threadas "And right after I get a Blowjob (two, actually)..." I thought you were bragging about your great sex life again. :tongue:

Having been faced with a similar decision back in 2001, my advice is to take the money and run and don't look back. :cool:

I wracked my brain for days back then. I called every person I ever knew because I thought that by leaving my beloved non-profit dream job which was actually what I went to grad school to do; for a state job that paid $8,500 more plus killer benefits I would be "selling out to the man." I realized the error of my ways when my best friend since 2nd grade said, " What are you f'ing stupid? Take the job that pays more money. If it sucks you can quit and go work in another museum." :cool: He was right! :cool::biggrin1:

7. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    congrats stapled, have you decided what you're going to do?? unless i'm misunderstanding you, it sounds like you're working two jobs but have just been offered a more lucrative one. i don't know enough of the details to say too much, but working two jobs is ENTIRELY UNDERrated, i LOVED having 4 paychecks coming in a month, but it sounds as if the one new job will be enough that you'll only have to work that one.

8. AG08

Gold Member

Look out for yourself and take what's best for you. Companies today have no loyalty towards their employees, so they can't expect it in return. I'm also in the fortunate position of turning away work. It's a great position to be in and a far cry from when I first started in my field and couldn't find a full-time job to save my life because of a lack of experience. I have been in my field for over 10 years now and the tables have turned in my favour.

Draft saved Draft deleted