and so, the inevitable begins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flashy, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashy

Gold Member

it was really just a matter of time, before all the close ties to lobbyists that Obama decried came back to bite him.

In a place where ties are so entrenched between lobbyists, former lobbyists, current and former officials, inevitably, even in the most "innocent" of ways connections are still in fact connections, and *EVERYONE* has them.

Even if this turns out to be nothing, which it probably is, you can chalk up another little gem to be used against Obama in the health care debate.

the secret meetings already documented, now things like this...molehill or mountain, Obama is no different. Curious to see where this one will lead...even if is nothing, it will still get airplay.

what i cannot figure out, is why on earth do this, when you *KNOW* how it will look. Christ, Axelrod used to own one of the firms and his son still works there, and then you steer a 12 million dollar contract there?

talk about stupid, considering the stakes and even the merest hint of an appearance of impropriety

Firms with Obama ties profit from health push

Firms with Obama ties profit from health push - Yahoo! News

---
    David Axelrod's ties targeted in health fight

David Axelrod's ties targeted in health fight - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

2. houtx48

Gold Member

blah blah blah

3. Flashy

Gold Member

typically intelligent response.

fortunately, the more intelligent posters will show up soon, and an interesting and spirited debate will ensue.

4. houtx48

Gold Member

5 hours ....... still just me....

5. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    What happened to his "No lobbyists in my administration blah blah fuckity blah" nonsense?

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's the question that many of us are asking, Chuck.

7. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    Well I suppose he was honest.... there are no Lobbyists *IN* his Administration..... doesn't say anything for the floor of the senate, though.

8. D_Doewell Dadong

D_Doewell Dadong New Member

I think blah blah blah is a fairly accurate description, of most peoples feelings on the situation.

9. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    But the important question has yet to be asked: What politicians have the biggest, juiciest COCKS?:rolleyes::biggrin1:

10. Ed69

Gold Member

We were picking from the lesser of two evils.Now your shocked that your boy is just as scummy as the lott of them?

11. Flashy

Gold Member

9 hours...you can leave now.

thanks for the important insights

12. mynameisnobody

mynameisnobody New Member

Politically, Obama is a child of the most notoriously corrupt cesspool in American politics. At no time did he show any inclination to be a reformer. Since in such a system you can either be a reformer or one of the "players," by elimination we know that he's a player.

A leopard is not likely to change its spots just because it moves into another office. But there have been counterexamples. Chester Arthur rose to the rank of brigadier general during the Civil War, when he appears to have served honestly and well. But in his postwar political career, he became a machine politician as dismal as any of the era. The surprise development was that when he became President after the death of James Garfield, he abandoned his corrupt ways almost completely, and became an effective champion of civil service reform.

Arthur's case was unusual. At the moment I can't think of another like it. I don't think Obama will be the new Chester Arthur, let alone the new Lincoln or whatever crap we were fed just after the election.

#12 mynameisnobody, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

OK... so we all agree that most politicians are power hungry and corrupt to some degree. If that's the case, then why are we even surprised or even gloating over the possibility that Obama has skeletons in his closet?

Either you're assuming that those who voted for Obama were expecting him to be some kind of squeaky clean candidate, or you assumed it yourself.

14. Flashy

Gold Member

well, i think the point is that i am not surprised, and you are not surprised as well as a couple of others in this thread, who even if we disagree on ideology, can at least agree on the facts of influence and influence peddling and "access"...

i think there are a lot of very delusional people out there, who really did believe obama was some type of squeaky clean, "above it" type of candidate. anyone with a brain knew he wasn't, but anyone who fell for his whole "making governent accountable" etc. and his "most ethical/transparent" administration nonsense is likely in for a very unpleasant surprise when they come to realize he is not, and never has been anything more than a politician.

15. houtx48

Gold Member

important insights................. like yours? lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

16. Flashy

Gold Member

yes, and the several other intelligent people who have made about 6 intelligent, insightful, rational posts.

and no, not one of your "posts" made it in to the intelligent, insightful or rational category.

let me know if you are going to keep deliberately attempting to hijack this thread, by offering nothing of substance and nothing on topic, so you can be reported and warned in advance

17. D_Doewell Dadong

D_Doewell Dadong New Member

What lovely handbags you two have. Anychance of putting them away

18. Flashy

Gold Member

why don't you ask the idiot, who is *OFF-TOPIC*.

*I* started this thread to discuss this topic...and he is deliberately derailing it, because he never has anything to contribute.

when he either
    A. leaves
    or
    B. contributes

there will be no problem here.

19. houtx48

Gold Member

do lobbyist for obama really care what is said on a gay big dick website?

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yes. :biggrin1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.