And they claim to be unbiassed--HA!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Onslow, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Onslow

Gold Member

Let's see--Freddie starts a Jacinto DMW thread and then locks it because he (great saint that he apparently is) has decided that enough has been said. I wonder if Freddie discussed this with others prior to locking it, and who is he to say enough persons have had time to respond?

Madame Zora starts a Jacinto thread and all the moderators jump to her defense--trust me, she knows how to fend for herself. In the same thread Mindseye tells me that comparing one form of censorship to another is wrong since this is a public forum and not a government contolled board. Sorry Mindseye, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't have it both ways and expect any harmony.

A brief while back when it came time to renew membership (payment) here, I looked at how the forum had DEvolved and chose not to plunk more money into an essentially dieing place. It may somehow get a reprieve of life but the moderators as they stand now (not all but at least 4 at last count) are clearly in certain cases power hungry fools. Interested more in game playing and other assorted nonsenses. That's what you want, then that is what you shall have.

Sad really at how this place has taken a tumble, I only hope it can regain its former strengths before it's too late.

2. mindseye

Gold Member

You're delusional. My post was regarding wiretapping, not censorship.

3. royston

royston New Member

Albums:
    bit of a weird issue....ur post is quite long and equally concise....yet covers very little of very little. hard to draw conclusions from what, to anybody other than those involved, is a vague and somewhat random accusation.

having thought about the matter long and hard i can see only one possible solution............salted pork!

xx

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I can only speak for me: I would have posted what I did regardless of my status. If you or anyone looks at how I have posted over the course of my time here you will see that my voice has not changed. Nor will it now.

I will never claim to be unbaissed. I think a lack of bias is an unattainable goal that we can aspire to and never quite reach. I like some people, I dislike others, AND I think homogeniety is boring. It takes ALL kinds in my worldview, even the kind that I'd rather not associate with (racists, for example).

So in the immortal words of the Rock: "It doesn't MATTER who I like."

Onslow--i f you or anyone has something to say to or about any of the mods --just SAY it. This tip-toeing around, while alluding to people is really sad and cowardly.

I will not hold my tongue and I dont expect you to either (as Matthew and Zora have pointed out as well). For goodness sake, you are miles away and behind a keyboard--say what you want to say (or don't). Stay and enjoy the place (or leave).

But PLEASE, no more "some mods this and other mods that." I can respect Dilznick for at least clearly saying he has an issue with me (which should surpirse no one). That takes balls. Or keystrokes. Standing around saying "Boy, it sucks to be here now" makes you a part of the problem (holding onto negativity) and not a part of the solution (moving forward in the spirit of support).

5. BuddyBoy

BuddyBoy Member

Never one to shy from expressing his opinion (even when I should shy away) I’ll add this:

In my opinion, it was inappropriate for Madame Zora to post someone’s personal information and their private message in public without their explicit permission. I would feel that was a serious breach for anyone, let alone someone being trusted with personal data like a moderator. However, at this time there is nothing in any terms of service to say that it is forbidden, so I think Jana’s only consequences for her actions, and give her credit for cleaning it up later, should be how it has effected our collective opinion of her. Jana is quite capable of accepting the consequences for her own actions and I’m sure we’ll all be able to move forward from this. I would recommend though that as we establish a terms of service, we make actions like this explicit violations with consequent penalties – banning, suspension, forfeiture of status, whatever. Just my opinion.

Freddie, on the other had, did apparently receive permission from Jacinto, or whatever his name is, to publish the letter. What I do object to is Freddie’s closing of the thread. On the one hand, yes, this issue seems to be going on and on, but on the other hand regular posters do not have the ability to start a controversial thread, allow a number of pages of posting, and then lock it on whatever they feel should be the last word. If the thread was getting rowdy or out of hand, yes, close it down. Don’t just close it down because you, the thread starter, do not want to hear any more debate. That I think is a serious violation of moderator powers.

6. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

It wasn't closed b/c he didn't want to hear any more of the debate. He closed it b/c everyone said they wanted to put it behind us all and the thread was only turning into another means to continue arguments among one another.

7. BuddyBoy

BuddyBoy Member

Well, TAG, obviously not everyone, or Onslow wouldn't be upset.

8. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
  9. Onslow

Gold Member

It is not so much that I wanted the thread to go on for the rest of all time, I just found it bordering on the edges of power hungry madness that in less than 24 hours time Freddie started a topic--which he must have most assuredly known would create a long debate of pro/con/etc. and then closed it down! Is this to be the future of LPSG? Each time a thread reachs the point where a particular moderator feels it has gone on long enough then he or she will shut it down? Less than 24 hours does not give all people time to respond. What about responses people may have had pro/con/etc. to comments made within the thread? Freddie shut those off as well, which is the sole reason for my having opened this topic. Originally I was going to post in that thread a response to one of the posters, Freddie made that impossible.

For crying out loud someone had better put together guideliines soon and get them posted.

Add to this, there is the odd and annoying inconsistancy. Freddie has his thread shut down but Madame Zora still has her start off salvo continuing along in all it's blood and guts. If one is to be shut down because enough has been said, then both should be. If anything, Freddie (going from what I have been reading here) had permission to post. MZ did NOT, therefore her post most clearly should have been closed to further posts, if not yanked entirely for breaching privacy. I am not saying that it should have been closed without Freddie's closing, but once he did his, hers would and should be the next logical move.

10. Onslow

Gold Member

Whatever works for you.

11. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

One of the other threads is closed, the other has been defused. This one remains.

12. Onslow

Gold Member

So many things to respond to here Lex. First off you were not mentioned in this post. My comments were directly aimed at MZ and Freddie.
    Next, I think I have made quite clear my feelings I have tippy-toed around nothing. Yes, I said four moderators appear to have become power hungry fools, The names Freddie, Mindseye and Madame Zora were mentioned in the thread but No, I do not see the name LEX anywhere in there. Feeling guilt over something perchance? Keep in mind I also made clear that not all moderators seemed to be on this power trip--why do you jump to the conclusion that I meant you?

I do not expect people to necessarily hold their tongue (or watch their typing) but I do expect a moderator to adhere to the standards which they willl be expected to place upon others--I am not seeing that right now.

As to not tossing around names and putting in links to other threads here on this board--
    A) I have mentioned names, read my posts old man.
    B) I do not link into other threads because I choose not to and I find that doing so shows a lack of class and decency. I indicated where the points of contention for me were located so people can find them simply enough. Look at my total posting count, I have few enough posts that a simple search of my past posts would help people locate any and all references. DEAL WITH IT!

13. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I don't think you meant me. I was simply commenting in response to you that if people (you or anyone else--as I mentioned) have issues, they can just say who and what they have issue with. You named some but not all. My response was not so much about YOU as it was about the prevalent complaining and hand-wringing that is going on.

I really don't subscribe to guilt. I try not to do things I will feel sorry for later. Same old Lex, for better or worse (or neither, too).

Let's you and I agree that we can move on from this.

I assume you'll take up your issues with Zora, Mindseye, et.al. directly via PM or here.

Enjoy.

14. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

Jana's thread is not longer "blood and guts"and hasn't been for the past 3 pages. Guess what....everyone else has decided to move on.

Mark has also been known to close threads when they got out of hand. It's not uncommon.

I'll reiterate: The thread was closed b/c MOST people want it done and behind them.

Also, the thread had become a means for members to bash one another...which was not the intention of the thread in the first place.

I will no longer comment on these "Jacinto" threads as I feel that they have become unproductive and overkilled. If you can't understand my previous points, then I'm sorry.

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Onslow, I finally got a good night's sleep last night, that's a big deal for an insomniac, so if you want to do this, let's do it.

Anyone involved with this story should know the hours and emotional investment it's taken out of me. I've written LONG PMs to amost everyone invovled, gotten the advice of a few friends I trust, asked for clarity from some of the mods, and earnestly searched my heart to try to decide what to do, how could I have put any more into it than that? How much did YOU put into deciding to put me down?

You already brought up the fact that I posted PMs. Three people answered you- myself, Chuck64, and Mindseye- you ignored all three. Here it is in bold, please don't ignore it again, or I will never answer another thing you say,
    THE RECIPIENT OF A LETTER IS THE OWNER OF THAT LETTER! Now, you can go on forever whining about how I've done some horrible deed, but you look ridiculous.

I didn't close my thread and I won't because I don't believe in censorship. You will have a tough time trying to pin that on me, everyone knows I don't. The only people who even ACCUSE me of it are people who can't face me in a one on one level and need something handy to sling at me. I've been an outspoken woman for a very long time, it's nothing new. Men who can't argue with me on an equal plane will use anything they have to discredit ME while ignoring the obvious, people have accused me of "censoring" from long before I was a mod just for disagreeing with them or speaking my thoughts, when they don't fit with what they want to hear. In fact, it's so old that it's boring, and immeasurably predictable. It will definitely happen again.

I posted a note in the mods' forum once I had decided to post what I did, about 70% of which is MY OWN WRITING!!!, asking them not to bail me out or stop anyone from speaking their minds. It's time stamped, I can prove I did this. Now, here I am worrying more about YOUR rights than MY comfort, and you shove this shit at me? Shame on you, and please grow up. This is my suggestion as a fellow member and human being. As a mod I can't force you to do it, nor will I limit your right to complain, even about me.

There was no way for me do either remain quiet or to post what I knew without upsetting SOMEONE. Think about that.

For the record, if anyone sends ME a PM, I may very well publish all or part of it if I feel the need. That is all.

16. Onslow

Gold Member

Where do I start?

Oh well I guess, I will start by congratulating you on a good night of sleep--if only all of us were so gosh darned gee gosh golly f'ing fortunate. No, seriously I am glad you got some sleep, may you get more of that.

As to my time and effort and thinking before posting, that is forever open to debate. Know this: I did not just casually toss out my thoughts, and after typing my words, I read them and previewed a few times BEFORE submitting. It may not be the same method as you use, and no I did not contact others before hand, however, same as you, I did take some time. I have even had moments where the thought was first place by me into an e-mail to myself and then after a break I have come back to it.

As for whining, consider it my re-discovered hobby.

In all honesty here, I thought I had responded to both you and Mindseye on this matter here in these open boards. Hard to say what I have done as of late and in all fairness what the hell does any of it matter when we realize one day we will all be dead anyway? In other words, I wish I had not gotten started in this whole thing to start with. I screwed up somewhat by going on attack however I stand by my convictions as such. I am uncomfortable with the open posting of P.M.s I in no way want to censor or stop your particular Jacinto post from existing, my issue there was mainly based on Freddie starting a thread and locking it all in the same day. He still has not responded about his why and wherefores etc. on that. I am curious as to whether he contacted anyone (other mods) prior to his decision. In and of itself it stinks to high heaven of censorship by Freddie. Yes Mark--who by the way was an OWNER not merely a moderator--did lock topics at times. Each case needs to be reviewed on its own, but in a period of less than 24 hours I have to take issue and again, mainly due to it being started and ended by Freddie with the comment "We are all in agreement" Who was this WE?

Obviously I could go on about this until the end of time but it will do none of us any good. I have stated things, you have stated things and in some limited way I sense there is a level of agreement--neither of us particularly wants to censor anyone else. I guess I just have issues in regard to privacy matters (and don't start in on my George votes again--I am regretting it at least once a week). Perhaps if I could somehow get it all figured out again, but then again what would I really change? Oh--now I remember! I would not have started this thread. I prefer weasling my way into other threads anyway. I am far too sanctimoniously jaded to be bothered starting threads of my own on a regular basis. (although this may change).

Last up, my apologies to all. I realize I have gone too far over the edge and that has clearly altered my sense of reason.

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

Onslow, I've known you for a long time. I just thought you would talk to me if you had a problem without publicly redressing me AND ignoring my response. I don't mind being called to the carpet, you know that. I DO mind when someone has an objection and ignores the responses. I DO mind being accused of something that isn't true, then having that accusation repeated instead of my point addressed.

I do understand your queasiness over this issue though, and I'm glad it came out. I'm sure a lot of peole were feeling it too, and that's why I made a stink about NOT censoring people's responses to me, I WANT to address the things that make people uncomfortable, and I WANT that desire in me to be recognised. Can I get that much?

I posted 3 PMs, two of which were written by myself. There is no question of my right to publish my own letters, I expect. The one response I posted from Placebo gave no more information than his profile suggests, other than the first name he wished to be called. He denies everything I said, how is this a breach of HIS confidentiality? I only posted the PMs to show my trail of discovery, so everyone would know how I figured it out, NOT to humiliate the guy, I actually still care about him and what happens to him. I daresay I care about him more than most do. If you need a reason to feel happy, consider this- despite how I feel about HIM, he claerly felt very little for me. That should make you happy. Even after confronted by me, he continued to lie to me. Do you think maybe I've gotten a hot poker up my ass in all directions over something I had absolutely NOTHING to do with? The answer is yes.

You can bitch, whine, moan or whatever you want to me at any time, public or private. I DO NOT believe in censorship, but I WILL respond in like kind, so do what you wish, and I will too. I think of you as a friend and fellow member of the board, so no harm done.

18. Onslow

Gold Member

Admittedly I should have responded to you privately first--I failed on that account. As for the accusations of things which were not true, I went with what I believed I saw (must be time for new eyewear) and as indicated I thought I had responded to your comments; but apparently not, I'm only human. (human not necessarily humane).

I can live with that.

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

Ugh, do we have to kiss now? :tongue:

20. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Puhleeeeze no tongues!

Draft saved Draft deleted