and whiskers on kittens..These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things..

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, Aug 12, 2009.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well after getting to know alot of people on the site over the last few years I started (a while ago) wondering about their real lives and what they do and what their favorite things are. To start off I'll post a few pics and letcha know about me. Now of course I have many favorite things, but these are a few!

Ms. Fabian this aralia is my latest fave plant. very graceful and a very expensive plant. The planter was pain terra cotta. I augented the design to look more 50's.

Shadowbox This vinatge 50's bow tie shadowbox is hard to find and esp in mint condition like this one. I've had it for years. It's huge and I love it!

Carlos de Pontiac is one of the first figural chalkware lamps w/parchement shades that I bought. I named him that. I love him! :wink:

Stereo This vintage Blaupunkt has a built in bar w/satin walls...AM/FM and shortwave band (which is interesting on a clear night! There's a spot on the dial for Russia and Vatican broadcasts!) has a turntable and the original swing-tags! Love it!

Ok now you!:biggrin1:

Attached Files:

#1 HellsKitchenmanNYC, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. DGirl

Gold Member

Wow, Nice things.
    Wish I could share with you what my favored items where.That stuff is ALL gone. I had to start New many time.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'll have to get new batteries for my camera and take a few pictures ( I think I wore them down taking pictures of my rubber slippers last week)
    In the meanwhile, I don't really love objects, but I am fond of my Japanese Tansu cabinet, my new headboard, some lanterns from Japan, a piece of pottery from Santa Fe and my new mirror, and my Zub Zero and Miele vacuum. But I do love the winter holidays my other half and my dog!

Attached Files:

4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good point Nudey. I didn't necessarily mean posting items that define us, tho I must say most of life is involved w/vintage somehow. There are tons of things I would never have in my apartment but I can totally appreciate them for their beauty etc. And btw...your poochie is too cute!

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Well. Let me get some pictures and I'll share! :biggrin:

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Nice junk.... but where the funk did you find that WALLPAPER?

It's that freaky wallpaper that blows my mind...

I don't have a lot of "things" that I love all that much... most of the objects in my daily life that are precious to me are the italian made tools I use to make art... a knife, a spatuletta...
    The guy who made them died a decade ago and they will never be made again...

I would have to say the things I love the most are the things I make.
    But I never get to keep those things...
    Part of why I love them are that other people love them enough to have them in their lives... like your child finding someone who you feel loves them as they deserve...

And yet... I would pile everything I own into my house and burn it to the ground if doing so would better the life of a dear friend.
    The only thing that really matters in my life are the moments I share with others.

7. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    The wallpaper is a repro pattern of a 50s design usually seen on fabric. Got it in the early 90s.

8. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Hey Hells, WTF are you doing living in my Granny's apt ????
    Hope this wont be considered an harassment post. I am already on the verge of getting banned due to all the love you guys have shown me in your complaints to the Mods. :-(

9. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:

That's one of your fave things?!! Yes it's always been my dream to live in my granny's apt and have loved doing so. Old things have always thrilled me since I was a kid. Oh and btw I've never complained to any mod about you! And don't forget...you brought thid imaginary thing up after you started a fight w/Nick8 and somehow Jason and I got dragged into it.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Can we have this stop right here please, or take it PM!

11. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    I'll have to get a few pictures of things. I LOVE your wallpaper Hells!

12. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:

Ya gotta love a vintage boomerang! :biggrin1:

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

OK I have new batteries for my camera, so I could take a few quick pix! I like the lanterns that I dragged home from Japan, and this pottery was brought home from Santa Fe, and I have to mention that I love living in NY without bugs or vermin because I'm OCD!

Attached Files:

14. submit452

Gold Member

Albums:
    My four CRT tv's my dvd and CD collection and my CD/DVD 5 disc changers and my CD/DVD burners.

15. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I bought a new (old) table. I just got it cleaned up. I have been looking for a table like this for almost 20 years. I feel suddenly inspired to prepare a Japanese dinner!

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted