AndroGel - Testosterone Gel Rx

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Rikter8, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    First a bit of background:
    Recently my health has been lacking moreso than normal.
    I started having trouble walking, as I lost all my energy, moreso than before.
    I went to a new doctor, and luckily this one took a full blood panel.
    Everything was normal except my sugar was high (no suprise as diabetes runs in my family heavily), and my testosterone was Low. Off the chart low. (I dont have any other diseases)

Apparently my testosterone levels were around 10.5 and the normal adult male range is somewhere from 14-40. I wish I knew what the units were, it's just what he told me. I am assuming grams.

Has anyone on the board experienced AndroGel testosterone supplements?
    Mine are 5g doses that you rub onto a flat part of your body.
    These are Doctor prescribed meds. Not some fly-by-night internet deal.

Im just hoping to feel better or more normal with the energy, and another part of me REALLY hopes it kicks my body back into puberty to make my winkie grow LOL.... but I don't think that will happen.
    Especially when it states specifically "Do not apply to your genitals".

Im wondering if there are others that have had it, success stories, failure stories, or issues that may have arisen that I can keep my eyes peeled for. I've read the leaflet that they provide, and like most meds, the side effects are kinda scary for the higher doses, but luckily for me, the 5mg dose reports were small.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueler?.....Bueler.....?

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    And Dumb me didnt use the search before posting this.....

3. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    Hey Rikter8,
    I've been on Andro gel testosterone TD gel 1% for 2 years now. I too had levels that were the same as yours( 10). For the life of me I can't remember the normal ranges. I take six pumps daily (7.5g) .
    It does'nt make you enter puberty or feel 16 again, but it will help you feel
    the way your supposed to, for your age.
    I too had problems, with low energy, ED, and extreme fatigue. So I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with low testosterone.
    It took a little while but I noticed the huge change in my body. My problems were now eradicated! I was happy to be back to normal and back to be being my old self sexually!
    This regimen will continue for the rest of my life, maybe yours won't ,I don't know, but maybe so.
    I don't have a lot of info for you, but, this is my story with Androgel TD.
    I hope this helps you, Rikter.
    Mr Ed in Mass.:saevil:

4. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

I just shoot test into my butt cheek about 3x a year..
    seems to make me super!

5. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    Oh!!! 'roid-a-rific!!

6. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, it does help. Same symptoms. The ED I don't care about too much as im not too active, but the overall energy and fatigue.
    It got to the point where my legs literally gave out, and I couldnt walk anymore.
    Lifting normal things around the house became a chore. The last few months were near untolerable.
    Im on my 4th day in.
    First day was a booster intra-muscular shot, and 3 applications with the Gel. Haven't noticed too much. A bit of my energy came back, but thats about it so far. Too early im thinking to really notice, being its a 6 month treatment.
    Thanks Again!

Anybody else?

7. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    A friend of mine went on Androgel and it had some positive effect. His doctor switched him over to a small shot of testosterone cypionate every week (I think) and it was much better. He got used to it real quickly despite having previously hated needles.

8. bluemountain

bluemountain Member

Albums:
    I have been using Androgel for about 2 years with excellent results. Within days I felt better; energy level increased, sexual desire increased; muscle mass improved among other things. Don't be disappointed, your penis will not grow from using Androgel. I did, however, notice a slight increase in body hair; mostly on upper arms & chest.

9. antonio

antonio Member

Just remember, the body tends to adjust its own estrogen/testosterone balance when extra testosterone is added - therefore it only helps those who really start with a testosterone deficiency.

Adding it to someone with a normal testosterone level will not change him into a super-stud.

10. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Been on HRT now for several years...THANK GOD for it...

The readings you listed was likely free testosterone, which is one of the more important readings.

I was at 114ng/dl on a 300-1000 scale when I was recovering from my testicles injuries.

I take 200mg of Test Cyp per week...AMEN

The gel is ok...didn't work for me...some love it, most don't. I personally would recommend the shots...why?

-More consistent blood levels
    -More "bang"
    -Once a week...5 minutes...done.

...OB

11. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Antonio - I was evaulated by a medical professional. I'm not doing this alone.

Ok, Ill keep this in mind... My new doctor was telling me that some folks dont like the injections due to the uneven blood levels, because its a big jump..then dies down... and repeats.

I'll wait for my 3 month evaluation. If the amounts only come up a small increase, I will switch to the injections and report the results.
    Thanks!!

12. JMeister

JMeister Member

13. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

The biggest problem is that the doctors don't prescribe the injection frequency quite right. The PDR typically says to administer injections once every 14 days, which given the pharmokinetics of the drug, is erroneous. Often, the doctor will make the dosage so high in hopes of making the drug last longer or (ride out longer) than it will. But it doesn't work like that internally. The problem with that, is that the half-life of testosterone cypionate or enenthate is only 7-8 days. That doesn't do jack for you if your running on empty for a week at a time. I was on that roller coaster, so I know what your talking about. I was given 400mg every 14 days...felt like crap.

Once I got the OK to do my own shots, I poke once per week, at 200mg, and I've never felt better.

...OB

14. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Rikter,

In thinking about your situation, it doesn't seem to me that low testosterone is enough to explain the problems you have been having. Specifically, low testosterone should not affect your ability to walk. You mentioned other health problems yet are TOLD you have no other diseases.

To me, your situation sounds like it could be Lyme disease, which I have. As I'm sure you know, it is a bacterial infection spread by ticks. The thing is that immature nymph ticks smaller than the period at the end of this sentence can spread it and they are hard to see. One symptom that is diagnostic, but ony occurs in about 50% of the cases, is a rash that is sometimes ring shaped, like a bull's eye.

My first symptom was trouble walking due to not being able to feel my feet or knees. I went on over a twelve year period having more and more health problems until it was diagnosed in 2003. Both low testosterone and prostatitis seem to be common in male lymies, regardless of age. Other common symptoms are memory problems, poor concentration, tingling sensations in the extremities and/or face, aches and pains that cannot be explained by the medical evidence, and stiff neck. I had all of these and more but am now am essentially well, although I keep it beaten back with antibiotics.

If you are an outdoorsman, or even do yard work, you are at a somewhat elevated risk. An issue to be aware of is that there is a nasty medical controversy over Lyme disease and odds are 9/10 that if you just ask a doctor if you could have it he/she will say no. Sometimes, they really believe it. Other times they just don't want to get into the brawl. Testing is extremely unreliable,which is finally starting to be acknowledged by mainstream medicine.

If there is any chance that this could be a cause of your problems, you really owe it to yourself to do some research on the topic. I use a web site called lymenet.org and particularly follow a discussion board titled "Medical Questions." Although some of the people who post there are kind of unreasonable, there is a wealth of information. At the top of that board there is a thread called "Newbie Links." Those could keep you reading for a couple of weeks.

I don't want to hijack this thread so PM me if you would like to discuss further.

Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted