Androgen and ED

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by honeydew, Feb 10, 2010.

1. honeydew

honeydew New Member

Has anyone on here who has ED found that androgen helped???

2. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I have moderate to severe ED. Male HRT can help if the ED is based on low androgen levels. The most common cause of ED however is vascular leakage. The vascular leakage can be caused by a ton of different things and it can be genetic, caused by injury, caused by medications, and contributing factors can be diabetes and or hypertension. When I was given testosterone for a different reason back in 2001 it did help, but, it did not help enough to make everything back to when I was 16. In 2008 I underwent examination and have used injection therapy ever since. It is painless, 100% effective, and is a better erection than I had when I was in my teens!

3. honeydew

honeydew New Member

Are the injection painful??? he usually gets faint with needles.

4. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take testosterone cypionate for low testosterone due to both illness and injury. What we are talking about is a 1/2 ml shot in the butt once a week. I give it to myself and hardly feel it, not painful at all. They do help with both drive and erections but that is due to the fact that, untreateted, my levels are in the low 200's. Not nearly enough to feel well, function, or be healthy.
    Ken ended by talking about injections that are given in the penis using a very small needle. I have no experience in this area but have heard they definitely work and are virtually painless.
    Regardless, it seems like a lot of guys get faint around needles. If your partner has tested with testosterone levels below 400, he could very well be a candidate for treatment with androgens. Alternate treatments include testosterone patches (big, bulky, and indiscreet) or testosterone gel that is applied daily to the skin. With the gels, they have to be allowed to dry before getting dressed, which can be a bit of an inconvenience. Both are considerably more expensive than shots, if given at home, involve a bit of daily hassle, and don't always work. Some men just don't absorb well through the skin. Also, there is the need to take care not to transfer it to female partners and children. To me shots are just easier, better, cheaper, quicker. If you are in the UK or Europe there are longer lasting shots available but not here in the U.S. Good luck with this.
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted