Angry Gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JP0724, Nov 18, 2008.

1. JP0724

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am just curious if I am alone in this or if others feel the same way that I do.

I am sick and tired of being a nice gay who walks in peaceful marches, and carries signs, and goes through the court system. It all feels like the community is just saying to the opposition "we'd like to be equal if it's okay with you, I mean if it's no trouble.." I do not think that the gay community should be asking anyones permission for equality. We should be demanding equality, and demanding it now. The problem is motivating people. The gay community would much rather write a check (as statistically we make more than our str8 counterparts) than to get out and do something about it. Gay people want the rights but no one wants to fight for them. Do you think that Barrack Obama, the second coming to this country would be president right now if Black Americans had just written a check and peacefully asked for their rights? I don't think so. I think the Black community has the rights that they do because they stood up and demanded it. They rioted in the streets, they protested, and they got angry. They FOUGHT BACK!!!! instead of just taking it like a little bitch.

I think it's time for a new tone in the gay campaign for equality. If you agree then I'd love to hear from you. I will no longer tolerate churches using the bible to justify inequality. The Church used the bible to deny women the right to vote saying that the bible was against it, saying that women were not of the mental capacity to be equal to men. The Church used the bible to deny Blacks equality because the Bible told them that it was wrong, and that Black people were animals. I will not let the Bible dictate my rights. I will not go quietly into the night, and I will not be peaceful. I for one will fight for my rights, and I for one will not play by the tree hugging peace loving campaigns that are going on right now. Stand up and grow some balls people. I will not sit in the back of the bus of Marriage.

It's not different than when you were in school and bully would hit you. What did you do? Most pansy gays that are running the show right now, went and told the principle that it wasn't fair and got them into trouble, which is what they are doing now. They are going to the supreme court and whining that its not fair. What did I do when I got hit by a bully? I hit him back, and I kept hitting him until he knew to never touch me again, to never look at me again. We as a community need to hit back, and we need to keep hitting back until the American people understand that Gay Americans are no longer going to be pushed around.

Let me know if this is just me being angry over the whole situation or if you agree or disagree..

2. Gl3nn

Gold Member

You're right about that we shouldn't need to ask permission for equal rights.
    I hope the US and many other countries in the world that restricted gays' rights realise that soon and do something about it.

The Church has lost a lot of power here in Europe. I know maybe 1 guy that goes to church about once a month or so. That's all.
    The Church still has a lot of power in the US and you can see it also influences politics.

Hope all people have equal rights soon, but idk if violence is a good idea.

3. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Like MLK jr. said, violence is never the answer. Thats why the courts are the best possible answer. It's my belief that prop 8 will be overturned and It may come as soon as Wednesday. As far as the rest of the country it will eventually come. I don't think things are run by "pansys", I think the people of HRC or the common gay man are very brave for taking this on.

4. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Good writing man, you are right about that, stand on your principales. Equality is for everyone, also for the gay-community you belong too!
    That people still take the things serious in the bible is unbelievable. The bible is telling us to care for the people around us. But most people think of it too far and believe that they are talking about gay people, but that is not true. every religion does that, unbelievable! Good that you come up for your rights man! You got my support!

5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I don't know what has you riled up, governor.

I'm gay, and I don't feel I'm being denied my rights

When I attained the age I could enter military service, I seriously considered signing up, going so far as to meet with recruiters. As I had such a high opinion of myself at the time, I had decided I would enter one of the special forces units, preferably the SEALs. Unfortunately, my poor eyesight, I found, disqualifies me from serving in that capacity, so I decided I would not be joining after all, but have kept my self physically trained, and work on my marksmanship to emulate that level of preparedness, should the need ever arise. So, there are other reasons, other than being gay, I may not serve.

Having been reared in traditional church teachings, I declared atheism when I was about twelve, as I could see the theological problematics in CHURCH teachings. Having undergone the religious experience as a child, and since, I slowly returned to the true message of Christianity and Buddism. So what some religious sect may say carries no import with me.

I was never bullied in school, but others were, and I would come to their defense, especially if the guy was larger, and more fearsome than me (and I have the broken nose to prove it).

As far as the "marriage" issue (from another thread):

the only "rights" I see surrounding the marriage versus civil union issue are property rights

in the traditional family, there are likely to be children; indeed, that seems to be the raison d'être for that institution

taking that as the given, it makes sense for the State to be involved to ensure the designations and assignments of property interests obtain, that are necessary to ensure the physical welfare, (and to the greatest extent possible that the State can intervene effectively), to ensure the emotional stability of the family unit (hence, its regulation of the circumstances and procedures to dissolve the union, and assign the property interests)

in the absence of child-rearing, I feel that contractual relations between the relevant parties would meet my property interests, as well as the property interests of any partner I may take, so State involvement is not
    compelling

admittedly, I may feel this way because I don't rely on employer-sponsored, or State sponsored benefits, but even if I did, I feel there are enough options out there that anyone should be able to structure the same set of relations and benefits through non-governmental agents

Careerwise, I have felt no impact, either.

#5 B_Nick4444, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  6. Kassokilleri2ff

Imagine, gay terrorists! And you couldnt really profile them, anybody could be gay. Who will blow up my car!? who will run up and stick me for my money?!!? ohh noo!!!

What you need is a gay high up politician. The only thing about that is those higher up guys are usually all super christianized and if a high up guy comes out of the closet im sure they assasinate that guy or something to that effect.

7. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Violence is never the answer that being said I skipped the pride parade this year all the kids wanna do is party we need our equal rights

8. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree that way to many have put up with outrageous treatment for in western society. If all gays came out and demanded their rights, and didn't shut up until this was achieved, it would happen pretty quickly. We should be demonstrating every day like we did last Saturday, at least every week.

I don't agree about using violent methods, that should only be used as a last resort, we do have access to the courts and legislatures, just that way too few of us are very active, and too many are happy to pass, and do nothing. I wish we were all purple, or something.:smile:

I grew up in Florida, and was disappointed how little political organization and activity there was there in the 70's and 80's, there was more here in Alaska, at least that I was able to learn of pre-internet.

I am a peacenik, but know that sometimes against some people, nonviolent methods will not accomplish anything, that seems to be the case, for example, with how the PRC is treating the Tibetans, but is not the case in this country for us now. We need to light a fire under our own community somehow. A lot of people were outraged by the passage of jim crow constitutional amendments in California and Florida and Arizona, it was done here in 1998.

Even members of our community who are involved, it often mostly means going to meetings, and talking, and having a self image of being an activist, without actually doing anything. In this community, the demonstration turnout seems to be the retirees and the students, with few in between.

9. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Great post Nick, thanks for the explanation and your view on Gay marriage. I never did truly understand what the big deal was about. As I see it they get all the recognition and rights that go with marriage already. What more could you want? There will always be prestigious views. Something that not all people will never be comfortable with.

10. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    so...you wanna form the gay panther party? =P

just teasin brah. i posted in my topic about the florida gays, and i'm gonna post it again:

inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

11. JP0724

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So separate, but not equal. We can have the same rights, but not the same title.. You have no problem with Gays having rights, like saying that Blacks in the 50's and 60's have the RIGHT to use the water fountain and the RIGHT use the bus, but they needed to use a separate water fountain, and sit in the back of the bus. Separate, but equal is not equality. I pay the same taxes as you do, I am made of the same biological make up that you are. I breathe the same air, carry on the same functions that you do. We are fundamentally exactly the same with the exception of whom we share our respective beds with. Civil Marriage is a Civil Right. Period. Civil Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with Religious marriage ceremonies.

The idea that people say well I am okay with you having the same rights, as long as you don't call it marriage it preposterous. I am just as equal a human, an american, a father, a husband as any straight person. So i'm sorry but separate but not equal is not going to cut. I will not sit in the back of the bus of Marriage. If you have a problem with gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person and it shouldn't effect you one bit.

As for the other posts in response who say violence is not the answer. In a perfect world, no violence is not the answer, but we do not live in a perfect world. We do not work in a world where justice is given to those who deserve it. The Constitution was created to protect the minority and the civil rights of that minority. Discrimination should not be part of the Constitution and unlike most, I am actually willing to fight for my right for equality. I have written check after check to HRC and other organization so that they can work on behalf and they have delivered me nothing. I might as adopt a mormon family and call it day.

#11 JP0724, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  12. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

well said

13. tal94

tal94 New Member

apprciate your view but what points are you really gonna fight against? you got gay marriage, tax equality etc...ignorant folk's minds won't be won over by fists

14. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I argree with you JP. I really think it's sad that in some states, children who are in foster homes and orphanages are no longer allowed to be adopted by gay couples. True, it's not the traditional family, however, in the gay community we have some very affluent couples that can give a child the life that they'd never have in the "system" and also the love that only a parent can give. The only question that needs to be answered in the marriage debate is not a question anymore. It is our right to be treated fairly and have equal opportunities as a human being. To deny anyone the right to marry is against the constituion and is nothing more than religion pushing it's way into the bill of rights. If people really wanna save the sancitity of marriage...they need to outlaw divorce. So many of these people who are against gay marriage have horrible marriages...some multiple horrible marriages. Yet they deny another to try to have the chance at a horrible marriage. :)

I think the "Day Without a Gay" that is coming up next month, if people actually do it, will be a huge eye opener for many.

Day Without A Gay, December 10, 2008

15. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    wait, what? did i read that correctly? what gays have the right to marry and enjoy the same tax breaks that straight couples do?

16. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

You haven't met the right asshole yet.

17. midlifebear

Gold Member

I never thought much about being gay and not being able to be legally married in the USA until one day The Squeeze got down on one knee and proposed to me. Even though he's my legal spouse, he's not allowed entrance into the USA (not that he's really interested in every traveling there). Still, God forbid if we're ever on a flight that gets "diverted" to the USA for safety reasons.

Anyway, I accepted The Squeeze's offer and now have a very large accepting extended family (his). It's rather amusing to finally have a mother-in-law who fusses over me. But more important, I've learned that there are definite rights and privileges that married couples enjoy that unmarried couples do not. For example, The Squeeze, because I'm a resident of Spain, can legally move about from Argentina to the E.U. Canada has no problem accepting our gay travel dollars and NEVER has anyone in any Canadian Province raised an eyebrow when we've checked into a hotel and asked for a room with a single double bed. And then there are the legal attachments that come with being married that are not part of a civil union. By default, The Squeeze will inherit everything I own because of or marital status. Just assigning someone all your worldly goods in a Will and making them the executor of your estate does not mean they will actually benefit from the designation upon your death in the USA. I should know. When my long time civil commitment ceremony guy of 9 years died unexpectedly back in 1995, I had to fight his mormon family from Burley, Idaho to keep their fucking sleazy hands off or "our" house and "our" property. I ended up selling our home to pay off his blood-sucking relatives (who had written him off when he was alive, but VERY interested in getting money from his death) and to pay of my court costs. It's the closest so far in my life that I ever came to seriously buying a gun and comittingi a mass murder -- in Idaho.

Just because you have a civil ceremony and all the legalese civil committment documents to go along with it DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU FUCKING SHIT in the USA. Possibly it works in those few States that recognize gay marriages, but I can assure you that if you are gay and own property in joint tenancy, your partner's family can very easily lay claim to his or her estate -- and win.

Quit fucking deluding yourselves!

18. JP0724

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Tal94 honey.. You live in the UK. Please get your facts straight before you comment on american politics. There is NOT tax equality in the united states for gay couples, and gay marriage is NOT legal. I have no protection for my son, or for my property and my wealth should I die. There is NOT equality in America. While yes in the UK things have progressed more quickly, we are not talking about the UK. We are talking about the US.

19. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Aren't you a Republican? I feel no sympathy for you honestly. The party you support props up those hateful churches. Really, if you look at it a certain way, you are partly responsible for this yourself. Your Republican vote empowered the Mormon church to do what it did, and empowers all religious authority to overstep their bounds and dictate to the rest of us how to live.

You voted with your pocketbook, and your heart will suffer for it. Reap what you sow.

Deal with your
    Hypocrisy

#19 javyn, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  20. devron

devron New Member

It doesn't matter who paid for what. It was the voters who went to the polls and the voters who voted for that ridiculous ban and it was the voters' "fault". It's not as though everyone who voted for it was Republican.

Draft saved Draft deleted