"Angry Homo Reaction" on American Idol

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by MisterMark, Mar 28, 2009.

?

What were your reactions to the video? (you can choose more than one)

1. I felt sorry for him

6.9%
  2. I'd like to be his friend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What a FAG!

24.1%
  4. He was obnoxious

31.0%
  5. It was funny

20.7%
  6. It was embarrassing

31.0%
  7. It was pathetic

44.8%
  8. Why do gay guys act like that?

20.7%
  9. I think it was staged

17.2%
  10. I think it was real

6.9%
  11. Other

10.3%
  1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    A description from the poster of the video:

"Gay Ian gets upset when his hopes are dashed and he has to go back to blowing guys behind the seven eleven to make a living"

What's your reaction?

YouTube - American Idol - Angry Homo Reaction

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Those guys annoy me so hard!!! Hate such acting behaviour.

3. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol.. I love stuff like this!

I'm endlessly fascinated by how gay and straight guys see each other - particularly how straight guys see gay guys, and how strongly the stereotypes gets reinforced with a video like this one.

Keep the comments coming! :biggrin1:

4. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Oh, I'm sooo with Simon. Take Ms. Boring out!

This guy is like every screaming, mincing, snapping, camping, swishy, dishing queen from 40 years ago, "The Boys in the Band", only not as witty.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Never watch the Idol because I'm being idle on LPSG. But the line "Hollywood is just New Jersey with celebrities!"' is one of the funnier one-liners I've heard in a while. Definitely better than "Hollywood is like high school, but with money."

Ssssswwwwiiiiiish!

6. D_Jared Padalicki

Aren't you mad that gay people like that gives the gay community a stereotype look? Those gay men annoy me like hell and I would like to hit them in the face, come on what a fake attitude, are they proud of who they are? Can they act a bit normal and face things like they are?

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Pieter, I really do appreciate your opinions, but honestly, I think you're the one who has the problem. Ian (in the video) is just being himself, believe it or not. Yeah, he could tone it down, but he chooses not to.

You can't control everyone and make them act the way you want them to act. Neither can I.

It doesn't make me mad that gay people like that reinforce the stereotypes. Yeah, I cringe a little, but again, it's really not my problem; it's a problem for the gay-haters who can't deal with someone who's flamboyant.

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Pathetic.

Someone, please put him out of my misery.

9. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're not alone in that sentiment. Look at the comments on the YouTube page. I don't think I've ever seen so many variations of "That fag needs to be shot" in my life. :eek:

10. D_Jared Padalicki

I don't want to control him or so. But I know some people like him and they actually don't show respect too others, they are "too good" to be friendly. They are so full of themself that they forget others. Such behaviour isn't right. the same with the cool jocks how they behave too others.

11. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

MisterMark.

Please realize that you have a tendency to get a little overly-sensitive around any kind of "non-politically correct" gay comments.

I remember a couple months back, I mocked a gay sterotype (queeny "Z" snapping flamers) and I believe you told me I had "self-acceptance issues" - or something to that effect. Although I appreciate the dollar-book Freud, not all of us putting down the raging queens are self-hating closet cases.

12. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Pathetic, yet funny.

I don't understand why some gay people act like that either. I mean... I'm gay, and I sure as hell don't act like that.

13. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you kidding me? With all of the (anti) gay jokes that I've posted around here? :confused:

If I was politically correct, I sure wouldn't have posted this video, and I don't think I would have produced a video series called "Gag The Fag"! (Not sure if you knew about that.)

I have no idea what you're talking about. I will say that I rarely relate to or understand the things you post. Sorry. :redface:

14. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, that's one thing that I found interesting on the YouTube comments under that video. At first, I thought it was a lot of straight guys making negative comments, but then as I read more, I realized that even the gay guys couldn't stand watching him! :tongue:

15. Mandee

Gold Member

I don't watch "American Idol".

16. Principessa

Gold Member

I had to see this guys actual audition. He's horrible! He wasn't singing and wasn't rapping, he just sorta talked funny. For the record that is not a New Jersey accent. That accent is pure Brooklyn Jewish. :cool:

17. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find this thread and its poll offensive.

18. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Cringeworthy!!!

19. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmm, I must admit to being a bit conficted here.

I know it was the flaming queens of Christopher Street who rioted and started gay liberation in '68. And in Britain, two early gay figureheads were Kenneth Williams and Quentin Crisp - they were outrageous and flamboyant but revealed great misery and self-loathing in their biographies. Crisp even found his longed-for Great Dark Man, but realised that if he fancied a queen like himself, he wasn't Man enough and dumped him!

Williams actually denied being gay, I think, while mincing around and bringing polari (the "secret gay language") to the Sunday lunch-time radio listeners of the 60s - YouTube - Kenneth Williams And 'Julian & Sandy' .

I used to think it was heroic to be so open and obvious, but now I'm not so sure. I think it's possible to read some pretty major self-opression into efeminacy. If you like cock or take it up the arse, you can't be a real man. Must be some kind of fake woman.

Mind you, Simon Cowell is enough to give anyone a hissy fit if you ask me, lol.

20. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting, but I don't fully understand. Are you saying that some gay guys are dramatic and flamboyant in order to mask their feelings of self-loathing? Or that they're acting effeminate because they believe that they're not really men?

I agree with you about Simon. I've always felt like he and I wouldn't get along too well.

Draft saved Draft deleted