Ani DiFranco

D_Peter Stubigg

Account Disabled
Media
Goddamn well rocks. Not only as a musician, as a social commentator and as a damned hot female, but my appreciation of her has gotten me laid by some of the most amazing women. For those not familiar, this is one of my current favorites (And has the bonus of showing a series of hot-ass pictures of the femme in question):

YouTube - Fuel - Ani DiFranco

Just wanted to share, see what the ladies here thought of her and find out if there are any other guys who have total crushes on her.

penisworship

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love Ani--you forgot to mention she is an amazing poet! She and Melissa Ferrick are two of America's best kept secrets...and such a shame with talen like theirs...yet-- I think this makes them more special and worthy.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think she is fantastic! I've seen her play a couple times locally, small venues. Beautiful, intelligent, talented, funny. She seemed like a cool person to hang out with.

SwingDriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
She's awesome. I actually have that album--already had several of her albums, and bought that one, "Little Plastic Castles," within the first few weeks of its release.

I used my 486 PC to encode that track into an MP3 file and shared it via FTP over my dialup connection. I set the genre tag to "rap" for that track because I figured it would introduce her to more people as the file propagated through the FTPs. (This was a couple of years before Napster made it easy for everybody, but that MP3 made it to Napster as well.) That 128K file is probably still active on some file-shares.

(I don't file-share too often anymore, because the RIAA likes to make examples out of a few random people per year, whom they force to declare bankruptcy because of multi-million dollar punitive damages. I never felt bad about file sharing in those days because most artists made more money from touring, average internet users' connections were slow, and file sharing wasn't widespread.)

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i adore Ani! i discovered her in high school around the same time as Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos which helped me get in good with all the theatre girls (as a friend, mind you!). haven't listened to much of her more recent stuff (more into Amanda Palmer and Feist for my femrock needs these days. ;) ), but i still dig her a lot!

not sure if it was a bootleg or off a live album, but has anyone else heard her cover of Prince's "When You Were Mine" with Maceo Parker? really pretty incredible.

D_Peter Stubigg

Account Disabled
Media
I love Ani's music, but my friend who has worked with her says she's the biggest cunt ever.

I think we'd all be better people if we acknowledged that some folks have earned the right to act superior, and she's one of them.

She really brings out the Greek tragic in me, I don't know if I want her to be my sister or my lover, maybe we could work out a system of alternating weekends, like they do with unwanted children...

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think we'd all be better people if we acknowledged that some folks have earned the right to act superior, and she's one of them.

She really brings out the Greek tragic in me, I don't know if I want her to be my sister or my lover, maybe we could work out a system of alternating weekends, like they do with unwanted children...

I don't think anyone has the right to act superior. Besides, I'm just going off of what someone else said. I could care less what she's like in person. I dig her music, and that's that. haha.