animal cruelty

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_tallbig, Nov 26, 2007.

1. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Many people think that humans can do as they please with animals and defend animal cruelty . I dont agree with this , i think that animals are beings that suffer too . ( When i said animals i mean another species , humans are animals too ) What do you guys think of animal cruelty?

2. B_Swimming Lad

B_Swimming Lad New Member

And we're back to the idiotic threads. Blatantly everyone will say they are against animal cruelty!? Why ask??

3. Osiris

Gold Member

Before I answer this, I should say I am a carnivore and as such, have no problem with animals that are bred for husbandry. What I do have a problem with is the fur trade and killing for the sake of killing.

Our ancestors killed animals for survival and when they did, no part of the animal went to waste. Meat to eat, bones for tools, fat for fuel, and fur or skins to protect and warm. That is what I have no problem with.

Chinchillas, minks, etc. I have a huge problem with that. To kill an animal solely for the vanity of a fur coat and then charge an exorbitant price for them is not only outrageous to me, but ridiculous. My wife has a fur coat and she will proudly tell you it is a faux fur. I have a gebtleman's winter topcoat and the fur collar on it is faux fur.

Whales and dolphins. Whaling for ambergris is just as insane. The Inuit use all parts of the whale, but commercial whaling is for the sole sake of ivory and ambergris for the cosmetics trade. Dolphins getting caught in tuna nets is another thing that irritates me.

This may sound hypocritical, but it is how I feel. Whatever you use from Mother Earth, you have to respect and replace. Furriers and whalers are not doing their part to repspect or replace.

4. Alaughingrambler

Alaughingrambler New Member

I think animal cruelty is disgusting. It's one of the reasons why I hate the monarchy and the aristocracy in Britain. They see shooting birds and fox hunting as an important part of their social calender! Then theres the pharmacutical industry, which has lots of roots in Britain. There have been all-sorts of protests and demos here but the power does not give a shit.

5. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

You are really an idiot . Many people dont see anything wrong with animal cruelty.

6. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    There should be a law that states that whatever cruelty a person inflicts on a pet for however length of time said cruelty was inflicted while in the care of that person, the same cruelty needs to be inflicted on them for the same length of time with no exceptions. Also have it state that they are never to come into contact with any animal that is living lest they endure electroshock therapy for a month. Fines and jail time just don't seem to work.

7. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

the small pic to the left of your screen is my wee animal........i dont understand cruelty.......theyve been testing perfumes,shampoos and every other chemical on animals since way back yet they still do it when they change recepies......i try to live simply avoiding alot of chemicals n stuff and if anyone hurt my little boy..then id make them mincemeat......animals need loved and cared for and provide amusement and company.....i love my little friend..............governments let these huge companies grow and crow and never question what theyre doing........gawd knows i wouldnt put it past them having humans in laboratories doing test on them.........science gets away with far too much.

8. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I understand that. i got a dog and he really is like a member of the family.

9. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I agree with that. I saw seal hunting on tv and it made me sick. I eat meat and sometimes when I think of it I feel guilty knowing that those animals are being raised only to be put on our dinner tables.

All of the cans now say "Dolphin safe". I wonder how true it is?

I don't believe in hunting for sport, but I know people who do it and love it. And what about dog fighting and all that? That is really cruel. Those people make me sick. I also saw a video of people who were getting rid of puppies and kittens. I think it was on Animal Planet. Some were throwing them in garbage bins or just leaving them on the side of the road. They could bring them to an animal shelter or try to give them away.

10. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I agree . I saw a video on how they kill the animals to process them for food and is disgusting.

11. Osiris

Gold Member

I wouldn't suggest reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. I still have issues with processed meats after reading it.

12. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Most people eat meats because are already processed . In my case it would not be easy to me to kill animal for food. In the extreme circunstances for surviving i would kill a animal the most humane and fast way possible with the less suffering possible to the animal.

13. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I read that one when in the 9th grade. It affected me profoundly.

14. No_Strings

Gold Member

What makes anyone think that The Simpsons were lying about the food chain? :confused::tongue:

What do I think of animal cruelty?
    I think it's unnecessary.

15. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

it really peed me off the see the japanese ships set sail last week to kill whales,etc.....absolutely no need for it whatsoever

16. dreamer20

Gold Member

I have no problem with those and other animals being raised on farms for the purpose of providing such things as coats, shoes and sable brushes e.g. sheep, cattle and siberian weasles. If they are raised on farms, which is the case 85% of the time in the fur trade, the animal species is being maintained and cared for as opposed to being caught in cruel traps in the wild. It is unfortunate that such farms are being shut down although they are sustainable.

Fur farming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with the objection of PETA et al to rare species being hunted, such as tigers, pandas and whales.

17. quercusone1

quercusone1 New Member

I wish there were a season on Japanese whalers!

18. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Actually, there is. Every time they go out into international waters. It would be just HORRIBLE if the ship repeatedly smacked itself into a bomb or torpedo or something equally as hazardous. :biggrin1:

19. Shelby

Gold Member

When I'm at the beach I like to catch horseflies that are trying to bite me, pull off their wings, drop them in a pit I scooped out in the sand and watch 'em slowly cook to death in the sun as they try to escape.

Is that cruelty or revenge?

20. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

It seems like cruelty. Those horseflies bite without you provoking them ?

Draft saved Draft deleted