animal cruelty

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well I have to admit that I'm prejudiced because I think its OK to kill some animals (like flies and spiders) but not OK to kill others (like whales and elephants) ... basically I think its not OK to kill other mammals but I still like to eat fish and poultry although I couldnt actually kill thm myself ...

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not understand animal cruelty nor can I tolerate it. I despise people who have no regard for animals or any other kind of life and treat them horribly for no reason other than they can. I don't understand how a person cannot see that animals feel pain...emotionally and physically. Elephants and pigs are just two animals that I know of that show severe depression and grief when met with the loss of one of their own. I have rescued so many animals and it still never ceases to amaze me everytime I see another case of cruelty, neglect or selfishness. Some of the animals I have taken in have had legs cut off and left buried alive! Others have been killed due to the owner's neglect and irresponsibility. Others had been hit by cars and just left there with no help. It sickens me how heartless some people can be. Animals are not put on this earth for us to take advantage of, unless of course, we are taking advantage of learning about their beauty, intelligence, spirit and personality. I so often watch the Animal Planet channel and end up sobbing, saying to myself "why do I watch this?" I guess I am just hopelessly hopeful that one day people will wake up.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, on that note, let me tell you how I got my dog.

On a day off, I was driving along the backroad that I live on and following a silver Buick I had never seen before in the area. Didn't really think anything of it. We're doing about 35 mph, when out of the passenger side of the Buick's window suddenly appears 2 arms. Launched from the end of these 2 arms is a little black puppy. :eek: The puppy takes to the air badly, hits many thick branches of the trees lining the road, then tumbles over several large rocks before rolling into the road.

Ever try to do an emergency evasive maneuvers in a 3/4 ton, full size Chevy truck before?? It ain't easy. I get out and calm the puppy down, then get back in the truck and go silver Buick hunting. There was only one place for that Buick to go and he must have been hauling some serious ass because I never found him. (that truck isn't slow) I guarantee that I would have scrapped that car and embarrassed the hell out of them on national tv had I caught them. :mad:

3/4 of the puppy's fur was missing, (I'm sure due to stress) you could tell there were whip marks all over her, plus something bad had happened to her tail before the flight that day. It looked like someone was going to cut it off but only cut part of the tip off, then broke another part of it. You also couldn't make any kind of a motion that could even be remotely mistaken that you were going to hit her, because she would immediately brace and cower like abused dogs do.

Today, all her fur has grown back, she is a clever escape artist, a horrible navigator, (she could get lost in a dead end alley) LOVES to go for rides, and HAS to have a treat when I get home or she'll bug me until I cave. (not always) When I'm watching tv or surfing the net, she's got to be either laying by my feet as close as possible or right on them. And she will not mind anybody else at all.

I wouldn't trade my little black mutt for anything. :biggrin1:

jnp

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is a werid subject for me....I love to eat meat, but I hate animal cruelty, which sounds so hypocritical of me.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eagle Cowboy, I'm glad you were there at that time and I'm glad you have her and love her. I think people should be treated in the same manner of cruelty they issue to animals...I believe one day he will be held accountable for what he has done...animals are God's creatures and he loves them too...that guy will get his!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh boy, people will hate one of my hobbies. We camp rendezvous style which is pre-1840 fur trade/ Mountain man style. That said, any deer my dad and brother shot every year we used almost every part of it in some way. The people we camp with make trades with hides for other goods. Most if not all of the hides are used and manytimes handmade into our costumes.

We respect the animal as a whole, the food it's meat provides us with, the hide to keep us clothed. Most of the buffalo hides that we had, we tanned ourselves. Dad's friend had a buffalo farm, we saw no reason the hides should just go to waste. The best buffalo robe is in the Cheyenne Medicine lodge that my dad and his friend co-owned. We did replicas of over half of the items that came with the lodge and we did it all in the way it would have been done by the tribe.

Do I go hunting, no. I don't believe in killing an animal just for the fun of it unless the animal is going to be put to use for food, the hide should be used and not wasted along with most of the tendons, the bones and antlers we used for buttons and knife handles.

I dont disrespect those who don't approve of they style of camping we do. We do it as a living history and as a tool to teach others about history and so that certain arts are not lost to time.

I don't care for every aspect of the type of camping but I have learned a lot over the years and I am greatful that it is one hobby that finally brought my father and I much closer together.

But as for beating an animal for the hell of it or just because you can. I find that aweful. If you can't care properly for your "pets" you should really consider if it is the best interest of the pet to find it a new home. Ignoring them can be just as cruel as hurting them physically.

Just beware, I can throw a tomahawk pretty well! I'm pretty good at throwing a cast iron skillet and hitting my target as well!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh boy, people will hate one of my hobbies. We camp rendezvous style which is pre-1840 fur trade/ Mountain man style. That said, any deer my dad and brother shot every year we used almost every part of it in some way. The people we camp with make trades with hides for other goods. Most if not all of the hides are used and manytimes handmade into our costumes.

We respect the animal as a whole, the food it's meat provides us with, the hide to keep us clothed. Most of the buffalo hides that we had, we tanned ourselves. Dad's friend had a buffalo farm, we saw no reason the hides should just go to waste. The best buffalo robe is in the Cheyenne Medicine lodge that my dad and his friend co-owned. We did replicas of over half of the items that came with the lodge and we did it all in the way it would have been done by the tribe.

Do I go hunting, no. I don't believe in killing an animal just for the fun of it unless the animal is going to be put to use for food, the hide should be used and not wasted along with most of the tendons, the bones and antlers we used for buttons and knife handles.

I dont disrespect those who don't approve of they style of camping we do. We do it as a living history and as a tool to teach others about history and so that certain arts are not lost to time.

I don't care for every aspect of the type of camping but I have learned a lot over the years and I am greatful that it is one hobby that finally brought my father and I much closer together.

But as for beating an animal for the hell of it or just because you can. I find that aweful. If you can't care properly for your "pets" you should really consider if it is the best interest of the pet to find it a new home. Ignoring them can be just as cruel as hurting them physically.

Just beware, I can throw a tomahawk pretty well! I'm pretty good at throwing a cast iron skillet and hitting my target as well!

I don't have a problem with this. You're eating the meat, using the hides, the bones, all parts of the animal.

I know a guy who likes "trophy hunting". Like killing elephants and leopards in Africa for the trophy! :eek: Now, THAT, I have a problem with! :mad:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate animal cruelty, but not as much as I hate the cruelty of man towards man, once we can treat one another right it'll automatically filter down to animals. Despite loving animals I love children more and they're killed every day by people who should be protecting them.

Cruelty for the sake of cruelty to animals is unforgivable, but the use of animals to test drugs I find necessary, I place the importance of humans over animals any day. When it comes to killing animals for fur I don't find this any worse than killing them for food, they're just as dead and we could all be vegetarians so there's no absolute need to kill them for meat. I think all testing for cosmetic purposes should be banned, every ingredient has been tested to the nth degree already.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before I state my opinion... I want to ask one thing...

Do you feel sad when youre watching animal planet and you see a predator take down its prey?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before I state my opinion... I want to ask one thing...

Do you feel sad when youre watching animal planet and you see a predator take down its prey?
Yes i feel sad in how nature operates. Nature is very cruel and brutal often.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is off topic but that is one of the reason i dont believe in a creator god. How a creator god with all those positive attributes create a world so cruel and brutal . It boogles my mind.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nature is brutal and 'cruel' by human standards. We have brutality and cruelty down to a fine art. 'Nature' (in the broad sense) has nothing on us for having a creative approach towards causing suffering.

It's hard to be sure if the few instances of cruelty we witness in nature are understood to be so by the creatures being 'cruel'. Nobody likes to see the weak and young being targetted and suffering as they are predated upon but I don't consider it cruel.