animal cruelty

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tallbig, what would you want as a "perfect" world? What would you ban?
A perfect world has never existed. But i would be nice one without suffering, without cruelty, without brutalty ect . That will never happen but just answering your question.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know entirely what you mean Osiris, we don't need meat to live, we don't need fur to live so really it's not justifiable to kill animals for any reason, but it seems more acceptable to kill them for food than for vanity. I happily eat meat myself, I don't wear fur although intellectually I see both reasons for killing animals as valid.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Humans abuse over other animals because our species is in a top of food chain but i would like to see a predator animal that take over humans. This way maybe some people would change their point of view of the subject.

We had at least one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He hunted, fed and then was caught and jailed for murder. Alas he too met an untimely end at the hands of a fellow inmate. The predator you ask? His name was Jefferey Dahmer.

Many will make excuses to justify their beliefs . For example : In the past most people believe than slavery was ok because was accepted by consensus
in their culture as a good thing . Because most people believe that something is good or right that dont make it so. Why would be wrong to hunt to extinction? Because humans will get out of food? My point creating this thread was than 99% percent of people arent aware that other animals species are beings that suffer too.
They think that animals dont suffer and because of this they apply cruelty to animals to their fun.

I am aware animals suffer and I think you make a good point in what you are trying to bring forth. I agree that most people do not know how their food is prepared. I have been to a slaughterhouse and seen it first hand. I also have hunted and prepped my own prey. I am also aware this doesn't make it any less inhumane on the animals, however I still maintain that responsible animal husbandry is a necessity in human society.

Hunger is a need, life saving medicine is a need, a fur coat is a luxury. All may be evil, but which one's do the greatest social good?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We had at least one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He hunted, fed and then was caught and jailed for murder. Alas he too met an untimely end at the hands of a fellow inmate. The predator you ask? His name was Jefferey Dahmer.

I am aware animals suffer and I think you make a good point in what you are trying to bring forth. I agree that most people do not know how their food is prepared. I have been to a slaughterhouse and seen it first hand. I also have hunted and prepped my own prey. I am also aware this doesn't make it any less inhumane on the animals, however I still maintain that responsible animal husbandry is a necessity in human society.

Hunger is a need, life saving medicine is a need, a fur coat is a luxury. All may be evil, but which one's do the greatest social good?
Is hard to choose the less evil . Hunting for food would be accepted in extreme survival circumstances but atleast with killing the animal with the
method that is the fastest and with less suffering to the animal possible.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Iam vegetarian and i can asure you that most people can eat well and healthy without eating meat but nobody cant force people to be vegetarian so is more complicated .

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Iam vegetarian and i can asure you that most people can eat well and healthy without eating meat but nobody cant force people to be vegetarian so is more complicated .

And what do you say to the vegans who tell you that because you drink milk, eat cheese, etc then you support cruelty to animals?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And what do you say to the vegans who tell you that because you drink milk, eat cheese, etc then you support cruelty to animals?
Well i know about about those vegetarians but i think that is taking vegetarism to a extreme . Drinkingmilk and eating cheese isnt wrong as long the animal is not hurt in the process to get milk.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Could farming not be considered a replacement for hunting now that we, as the dominant species of this planet, have evolved with enough intelligence and technology that we can bypass the 'throwing spears' stage. Are we not utilising and exploiting our intellectual advantages to 'hunt'?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could farming not be considered a replacement for hunting now that we, as the dominant species of this planet, have evolved with enough intelligence and technology that we can bypass the 'throwing spears' stage. Are we not utilising and exploiting our intellectual advantages to 'hunt'?
In that sense yes farming could be consider a evolution to hunt.
But the way they kill the animals to process them to food is disturbing. You have to watch that to see what i mean .

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well i know about about those vegetarians but i think that is taking vegetarism to a extreme . Drinkingmilk and eating cheese isnt wrong as long the animal is not hurt in the process to get milk.

Its a relative statement really, would you like to be treated like them? I know if I had the choice I would rather be killed for meat rather then being locked up, milked and pregnant for the rest of my life. It may not hurt, but there are quite a few people who would argue its cruel.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its a relative statement really, would you like to be treated like them? I know if I had the choice I would rather be killed for meat rather then being locked up, milked and pregnant for the rest of my life. It may not hurt, but there are quite a few people who would argue its cruel.
Really? Have you ever watch how those animals are killed ? You would like to die that way too ?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've watched how animals are killed, I'm still going to eat meat, it's cruel to kill them but I'm an omnivore and I intend meat to be part of my diet, we've always eaten meat but now someone else kills it for us.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see lions having crises of conscience and resorting to eating grass and seeds. They do what they do, eat what they must eat, to survive.

We are no different.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've watched how animals are killed, I'm still going to eat meat, it's cruel to kill them but I'm an omnivore and I intend meat to be part of my diet, we've always eaten meat but now someone else kills it for us.

As have I.

IMO, it's not cruel to kill animals unless they are killed cruelly and suffer unnecessarily. Sadly, that happens far too much both in the treatment of them when alive and the killing.

Look at the way animals are predated in nature; their deaths are often far 'worse' than those of many animals killed by humans. That's not to excuse or condone human cruelty to animals - as a poster said earlier we do know better - merely to put it into perspective.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not read the whole thread, but... In the wild animals eat one another and we would say well that's JUST Nature, we are omnivore by nature our teeth is one indicator of this, another is the desire to eat meat and veg. Cruelty IMO is to do with the relationship one has, if we kill animals and get some sort of kick out of this then yeh that's cruel in my eyes, but to farm, hunt animals to indulge our base nature well that's JUST NATURE as well, so to have a downer on people for eating meat, which is only practical if one kills the animal in question, is in my eyes the same as having a downer on a lion or any other type of animal that kills to feed its nature. Just because we are aware of what we are doing does not necessarily make it wrong.