Animalia!

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shelby said:
You're hurting her feelings :frown1:.

But actually, now that you mention it, the shot may not be the best angle. Here's a different pic.

My God that is a horrible dog. I feel terrible for it, looks like the poor thing got burned, then diseased, then in serious fight with mauling cats.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my kitties. But I will get some and post them. I've had so many over the years, but I never seem to take pictures of them. Anyway, if I get some up, you will just adore Mino and Mimi. They are cat lovers. The only two I have ever seen. The live togother, eat together, and I'm sure do all kinds of other things together. In tribute to this romance I decided to make them a bowl with some cute graphics as a statement of their fidelity. I should be able to get all these pics up soon.

Anyway, great thread MB.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Isn't it?

I used the full picture of the tree(too big a file to upload unfortunately) as a where's waldo type x-mas card one year. It's an artificial tree so I wait to see the whole thing collapse as she climbs through it but it hasn't happened yet. Tinsel is no longer used as she consumes any she finds. I found silver stranded cat shit was more than I could cope with.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
These are my "kids". I could not imagine life without any of them. Karmel (Tortoiseshell tabby, my baby) is 12 years old, Booker (part Maine Coon, mama's boy) is almost 2 and so is Silvester (part Lab, part Chow and my partner in crime). All are "rescued" from certain death. My wife and I lost a Beagle pup in '02 (she was a "neglect" case we took in, and passed away from a liver problem), and last year we lost our beloved Great Pyrenees "Winslo" to leukemia. I have never recovered from losing either one.

Attachments

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Daverock said:
We just got two Canaries named Dorothy and Toto - Don't ask!!!

I have two canaries (Tom II and Jack), they are very good at singing in tune. I love dogs, but currently work too much to live with one. My god daughter is a border collie, I'm called the "Dog father". She is a great girl, and a star at agility training. We have planned to take a week of holidays together soon.

Actually I have great friends who have dogs, and make sure I get as many dog hugs as I can. Dogs rate so much better than most humans in my experience.

(I also have unwanted mice, and have trapped 5 in my laundry over the last week! I generally love animals but they make me feel very ill. I have to get someone in to empty the traps. Pathetic but true.)

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no pets but happy you enjoy and take good care of all that are born to be domesticated...

But I do protest and cry when see exotic animals being traffic and bought by legal or ilegal means...bcause they must live in their habitats...in my country there is a new concience and laws to return many of them to their lands...and only 5% margin of no good results in the case of birds. Yes, many of their habitats are being burn and destruct and there are group of interest $$$ that want to kill the forests...but many people are working to change situation..and many owners are returning them by choice or being caught with them having to give them up.

I saw in houses that i used to work,iguanas, big ones inside fish tank with a light on top of her day and night...so stay there could not move...i cried and got bananas with her situation and when she died i was happy bcause she was free!But i cry inside and anguish at zoos too...and pet stores at the malls...i anguish...i cant understand all of that.

I know this one is a happy loving thread but still my mind travel with
the situation of the ones that are not happy...but they can express how they feel. One thing is die in nature and other is to live away from it.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gisella said:
I have no pets but happy you enjoy and take good care of all that are born to be domesticated...

But I do protest and cry when see exotic animals being traffic and bought by legal or ilegal means...bcause they must live in their habitats...in my country there is a new concience and laws to return many of them to their lands...and only 5% margin of no good results in the case of birds. Yes, many of their habitats are being burn and destruct and there are group of interest $$$ that want to kill the forests...but many people are working to change situation..and many owners are returning them by choice or being caught with them having to give them up.

I saw in houses that i used to work,iguanas, big ones inside fish tank with a light on top of her day and night...so stay there could not move...i cried and got bananas with her situation and when she died i was happy bcause she was free!But i cry inside and anguish at zoos too...and pet stores at the malls...i anguish...i cant understand all of that.

I know this one is a happy loving thread but still my mind travel with
the situation of the ones that are not happy...but they can express how they feel. One thing is die in nature and other is to live away from it.
Hey Gisella,

I totally hear you on this one, I believe most sentient beings possess disgust at the illegal trafficking of animals, and the cruelty inflicted.

Just to ease your feeling....in reference to my granny's Parrot 'Wally'....well, Gran rescued him from her local pub, where he was regularly taunted...fag burns, poked, doused in beer...and taught to swear! She always felt that he would be better off back in the rainforest, but his wings had been clipped, and she was told that he wouldn't survive for long. So she let him out on the tree regularly...he didn't particularly like the rain...and I rarely saw him in his cage.....only at night when he would let himself in and call for 'Mum'...and she would put a blanket over the cage and put him to bed.

So, I hope that makes you somewhat happier...as for me, I love birds, but I also much much prefer to see them free and in the wild.

Take care,

Eddy

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
eddyabs said:
Hey Gisella,

I totally hear you on this one, I believe most sentient beings possess disgust at the illegal trafficking of animals, and the cruelty inflicted.

Just to ease your feeling....in reference to my granny's Parrot 'Wally'....well, Gran rescued him from her local pub, where he was regularly taunted...fag burns, poked, doused in beer...and taught to swear! She always felt that he would be better off back in the rainforest, but his wings had been clipped, and she was told that he wouldn't survive for long. So she let him out on the tree regularly...he didn't particularly like the rain...and I rarely saw him in his cage.....only at night when he would let himself in and call for 'Mum'...and she would put a blanket over the cage and put him to bed.

So, I hope that makes you somewhat happier...as for me, I love birds, but I also much much prefer to see them free and in the wild.

Take care,

Eddy

:kiss:

Thank you Eddy for explanation about Wally I understand and my own Mom rescue like your Grandma, but was mostly Amazon monkies...there are lot of people that love their talking birds in Brasil too...but they are learning to let them free and this will take a while.

I'm just very sensitive for somethings and was not talking about no one here special is just that when i feel this sadness and anguish is a 'group' of all animals thing...dont know how to explain.

Thank you again for your kindness.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is such a sweetie, Heather!

I can not believe the ignorant unsolicited comments people left about her. OK? Time for meds....

Heather LouAnna said:
My Blue loves opera! It's her favorite music. She likes to sit outside in the tree by the pool and screeeeeeeeeeam and scream. I'm sure the neighbors think we beat each other. lol She doesn't talk much now, but I'm told that macaws don't talk much until they're at least 30 and they live much longer than that, at least to 70-80. She's only eight years old.

Her favorite word is "Heather" and she screams it repeatedly, all variations of it. Here's a video of her dancing to Lords of Acid by the pool.

dancy dancy

cute pets, you guys! :)

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's a Newspaper clipping I had forgotten about which my Father emailed to me recently. This was in my "heavier" days.

He said he was having a clear out of the stuff I left behind when I moved over here. Heaven knows what he has thrown away!

Apologies for the poor quality. My Father is getting on a bit and not too good with scanning and photoshop.

Attachments

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Daverock said:
Here's a Newspaper clipping I had forgotten about which my Father emailed to me recently. This was in my "heavier" days.

He said he was having a clear out of the stuff I left behind when I moved over here. Heaven knows what he has thrown away!

Apologies for the poor quality. My Father is getting on a bit and not too good with scanning and photoshop.

She is "picture perfect". :smile: Terriers are not for everyone but I once had an Australian terrier who was one of the most intelligent dogs i've ever known. He was infamous for his rendition of "Happy Birthday".

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Meet my man.

He is a Husky Malamute mix. He's taller than most dogs, and strong as an ox.
He's a sweetheart when your home, but when your gone he's a hell raiser.

He chews through drywall, siding, doors, wood moulding, leather furniture, seatbelts, and anything that gets in his way to where he wants to go.
The mark you see on his nose is from when he chewed out of the steel cage he was in at the Vet's office.

He's generally a people lover, but god help anyone that would try to break in, or challenge him.

Attachments