Ankle adornment on men

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is a guy in one of my classes at school that is "T" totally hot. He's 6'3" nice bod and brown eyes that capture your attention. To me he looks like a total chick magnet, but, he wants to be a travel nurse and wears a braided string around his ankle and sometimes a plain rubber band around his wrist. Help me out here. If a guy wears things like that around his ankle, is that a gay thing or is it just a yuppie Abercrombie type of thing to do.

Just curious,

Mattyacht

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It`s a hippie thing, When i lived out west i wore ankle bracelets, feathers in my hair, a spirit bag, and alot of silver.:smile:

lafever

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea what you crazy college kids are doing these days; but my gut instinct says he is gay or at least bi. I have NEVER known a 100% straight man to wear an ankle bracelet.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with NJQT.

I live in surfer city, beach sun and sand. No guys around me ( I have teenage children, so ages from 18-45) wear ankle jewellery.

My gorgeous hubby wears a silver bracelet or a leather cuff sometimes, a black cord necklace with a silver pendant.

He would seriously balk at wearing anything ankle.

Around here hetro guys seem to avoid any form of jewellery, especially on the ankles.

I dont think it is a "sign" that he is gay or bi, but I do think most 100% hetro guys would not want to be labled as "gay" so would avoid the attention of ankle jewellery.

x

Honey

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dont think it is a "sign" that he is gay or bi, but I do think most 100% hetro guys would not want to be labled as "gay" so would avoid the attention of ankle jewellery.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm 45 and he's probably 22 or younger so who knows.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Matty, I am sitting on the lounge with 3 guys 19, 24 and 22

* obviously they think I am editing work projects, not on lpsg website*

I just asked them if they would wear ankle jewellery ..they all said "hell no"

x

Honey

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When i whent to the pow wows out west the men would wear bells on their ankles, when it was the audiences turn to be a part of the pow wow i would dance with my own bells on my ankles, along with feathers that i had wrapped myself, some were done by a cherokee women. I think what it really comes down to is wether or not a man is comfortable in his own skin or not. :smile: It goes deeper than social acceptability, it`s an inner part of a person that just wants to be one with the bigger sceme of things and not trying to fit in with the norm.

lafever

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is a guy in one of my classes at school that is "T" totally hot. He's 6'3" nice bod and brown eyes that capture your attention. To me he looks like a total chick magnet, but, he wants to be a travel nurse and wears a braided string around his ankle and sometimes a plain rubber band around his wrist. Help me out here. If a guy wears things like that around his ankle, is that a gay thing or is it just a yuppie Abercrombie type of thing to do.

The difference being...?

Idiot

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Does a braided string actually count as 'jewelry?'

As for the rubber band, maybe it's aversion therapy (think a bad thought or crave a cigarette or something and snap the band against the wrist.)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When i whent to the pow wows out west the men would wear bells on their ankles, when it was the audiences turn to be a part of the pow wow i would dance with my own bells on my ankles, along with feathers that i had wrapped myself, some were done by a cherokee women. I think what it really comes down to is wether or not a man is comfortable in his own skin or not. :smile: It goes deeper than social acceptability, it`s an inner part of a person that just wants to be one with the bigger sceme of things and not trying to fit in with the norm.

lafever

Tribal costumes don't count lafever. Though I might pay good money to see you in a loincloth. :wink:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, I think it is more generational and socio economic than anything else. I tend to see somewhat boho kids in my neighborhood wearing them. As far as I know, most of these young guys are not gay. They probably are influenced by the Abercrombie and Fitch look, though. Or... Abercrombie is influenced by them.. who knows.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Actually, I think it is more generational and socio economic than anything else. I tend to see somewhat boho kids in my neighborhood wearing them. As far as I know, most of these young guys are not gay. They probably are influenced by the Abercrombie and Fitch look, though. Or... Abercrombie is influenced by them.. who knows.

Which came first, the Abercrombie or the Fitch?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker,

Don`t go giving the laddies any ideas.:cool: And yes, i`m thinking of post#13.

lafever

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I tried going about with one for awhile. I got the idea (that and the completely shaved groin) from tribal Africa (an identity statement thingy).

People (in their ignorance) didn't get it, and by then it all seemed to be turning into this artsy-fartsy-tribal-tatoo-body-mod-cult-craze-in-thing to do. Next thing I know gothics, tribal sorts, gays, and other groups I didn't particularly identify with seemed to be sporting them like neckties. Even little kids were wearing them.

There's nothing so boring as an aberration that becomes the norm. I quickly dropped it.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The last ankle adornment i had was made out of hemp and it fell off about 5 months ago.:smile:

lafever