Ann Coulter ... ever charming

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Why do some people who hate "hate speech" threaten violence against someone they claim uses it? Talk about hate!

As you profess to be Christian, as does Coulter, I'm puzzled that you asked that question. Those familiar with biblical scripture know one who sows hatred, such as she, will reap an abundance of it.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
or could it be that by giving vent to the repressed and unexpressed pent-up frustrations of large masses of people frustrated by what they see happening around them, she actually serves as a safety valve that keeps those pressures from erupting?

or that by making outrageous remarks, she is able to express aspects of the current situations whose expression is foreclosed by political correctness?

isn't that the claim made by the board's libs as regards the spectacles created by groups such as "Act Up!" to bring attention to the AIDS "crisis"?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
As you profess to be Christian, as does Coulter, I'm puzzled that you asked that question. Those familiar with biblical scripture know one who sows hatred, such as she, will reap an abundance of it.

Me? Since when did I profess to be a Christian?

My point, again, is that it's illogical for people who hate hate speech to resort to violence for those they claim use it.

A university is a place for all ideas to be heard, not just one.

You can speak at a university as the Iranian dictator (Columbia University), but you can't have an ultra-conservative Republican commentator do so.

No, I'm not an Ann Coulter lover, but I surely don't hate her (you shouldn't hate anyone). She's an angry person. I don't agree with all her ideas, and I definitely don't think she's following Christianity very well (but then again, who does?)

Last edited:
Media
Lol! Leave it to the Internet to allow people to come out in support of a neo-Nazi. Nick, that quote you gave is irrelevant to the situation, since "liberals" aren't offended simply because there are other opinions, but that hers all seem to revolve around hating various minorities and treating half the country like some cult involved in some giant conspiracy.

And bigbull, nobody was threatening violence. Maybe coulter said she felt threatened, but come on, you're talking about a woman who I seriously doubt could even pass a sanity test. Besides, what do you think ACTUALLY sparks more violence: a college protest (unheard of, right?) or a hate-filled she-devil advocating banning minorities from air travel and instead riding camels?

Last edited:

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Ann Coulter is a Christian???? PUHLEEEEEESE!!! You ARE kidding right???

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Ann Coulter is a Christian???? PUHLEEEEEESE!!! You ARE kidding right???

I don't know if you're serious.

But if you are, Mensch, then you may remember something she wrote in her column three days after 9/11, speaking of terrorists:

"We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

So yup, she seems to be at least nominally Christian.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
Why do some people who hate "hate speech" threaten violence against someone they claim uses it? Talk about hate!

I think it's "hate speech" when people use the "C" word when referring to Ann Coulter. If you don't like her, you don't like her. No need to degrade her gender with the "C" word. Stop hating women (sexist pigs).

People can't call her a "cunt," and yet she can say that Jews need to be perfected; that Muslims should take flying carpets instead of planes; that the 9/11 widows are celebrating their husbands' deaths; that John Edwards (a married father of two) is a "faggot." Yeah, calling her a "cunt" is so hateful.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
People can't call her a "cunt," and yet she can say that Jews need to be perfected; that Muslims should take flying carpets instead of planes; that the 9/11 widows are celebrating their husbands' deaths; that John Edwards (a married father of two) is a "faggot." Yeah, calling her a "cunt" is so hateful.

Calling women "cunts" is sexist and just wrong ("bitch" is a derogatory word for women, just like "faggot", "nigger", etc). All those words are so ugly. YUCK!

Fighting hate speech with hate speech makes zero sense.

When Anne calls people "faggots" in a hateful way (not a playful one, even though I don't like the word), then she's crossed the line. She does, though, have a right to say that word, but I don't have a problem with her being called out on it (she should be, as a matter of fact).

And, finally, who here has never used hate speech? Most people do every hour of the day. Some liberal folks call nuns who help the poor horrible names for a variety of reasons. That's hate speech, but perfectly legal.

To me, hate speech can't become a legal issue until it threatens (example: I'm going to [seriously] burn down Indian reservations).

Hating is never the answer in a civilized world. If you disagree with someone, you don't need to call them hateful names - ever!

Peace and love to all:smile:

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
As the OP on this thread, I should state that I regret that she did not speak at the University of Ottawa.
She had every right to speak.
What she says, though often reprehensible, does not meet the definition of 'hate speech.'

There is no agreement on exactly why she didn't speak.
The president of the university says the group sponsoring her pulled the plug because of security concerns.
The police acknowledge saying her speech really needed to be in a large venue capable of holding the roughly 1,000 people waiting to get in. (Its capacity was only half that.)

But supposedly neither they nor campus security in any sense 'ordered' that the speech be cancelled.

In other news:
Ms. Coulter posted this on her website yesterday:
"Ottawa: Indian for 'bed wetters.'"
Ah, still a charmer.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've said it before and I'll say it again: She frequented my fraternity at Cornell in the 80s. HUGE coke whore. Surprise surprise.

Since we're getting nasty has anyone else heard than Trannie Coulter is a major fag-hag and frequents queer bars in Manhattan? I have heard that rumor but stopped doing the bar scene when I started dating somebody who doesn't drink and don't really know anybody anymore who hits the trendy clubs.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I love Ann Coulter for the entertainment factor. A thinking person shouldn't even consider taking anything she says seriously.

No. The big problem with her, and others like her (and Sarah Palin and Larry the Cable 'tard and others) is that it gives the disenfranchised a right to continue to feel hatred and anger, because "one of them" is up there on stage, airing the grievances they cannot openly express. It allows them to continue with these thought forms without considering alternative ways.