Annoying crush

Jlk2018

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay apologises if this seems stupid and pointless but i just got to get this out. I have this "thing" for someone. At work. The reason this is out of note that had been years since its beeb to this level. Don't get me wrong I have had smaller crushes on other people- but its gotten to the point that I am so used to it being a pointless endeavour (im not exactly appealing to people lool) that i can have it under control and squashed rather quickly. Not this however I am being awkward and dopey like when i was in school and even though its as pointless as the rest i just want to tell because " there are about 7 billion people in the world and you are one of the few that make mine stop"- my brain (2018) you see! So unhelpful and im on dating things to try and find someone who may actually be interested but its not helping yet. Tell me the best way to squash this before i say something stupid haha since my ability to squash has left me

Reactions: StaringIsCaring

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
dating at work is a no-no for me. no piece of ass is worth my career. not only that but if the relationship goes sour then you have even a bigger problem at work. my advice is to simply not do it.

also be careful so HR doesn't slap a sexual harassment case on you and fire your butt out the door. not worth it my friend.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
On the other hand workplace romances have led to more marriages and ltrs than any other single factor historically.

My advice is never date someone in your own department and definitely not someone who is your boss or underling. And mind your employer's dating policy.

I would generally advise folks to keep their work and personal life separate, due to a "just in case". Are there people who beat the odds, make their casual or romantic thing work, and if it ends they end it amicably? Sure, but the odds of it not working out safely for my job and/or career are enough that I keep my personal life and work life extremely separate. Basically, fear and caution have been enough for me to not pursue anyone at a place I work. Sorry I don't have more helpful advice :(

Reactions: japetty and LaFemme