Annoying Gym People-Post Yours

Gedackt8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The biggest problem with cruisers is the people who just can't take a fucking hint. I admit I cruise in the sauna, but if someone is obviously not interested, I'm not going to follow him around like a puppy. If a guy leaves the sauna and goes to the steam immediately after you come in, he's probably not interested!

If you want to hang out and mind your own business, fine. Whatever. But don't continue staring/touching yourself you don't get any response.

On a positive note: Someone earlier mentioned the powder thing. There's actually a guy at my gym who uses powder but is courteous enough to do it in the shower stall and rinse it out when he's done. No mess.

B_ScottWilliamsonOC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The fat ass weight lifter. You know...the type that cam bench 300 pounds but weigh 300 pouinds themselves. Do some aerobics fat ass.

Those that do not re rack their weights.
Sweat and do not wipe the bench or equipment.
Shave in the sink and do not wipe it out.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
the advice jock. leave me alone, i know what i am doing. shut up and do your own thing. if i need help on something, i'll go to the staff.

I agree but in all fairness If i had a dime for everytime i saw someone doing something way wrong I'd be retired. the best is when the trainer promotes the improper execution of an exercise. and it's usually the people who "know what there they're doing"

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
I hate it when these jerks who take a shower then walk out to the lockers dripping water all over the floor for others to step in. There is a sign that reads " Please dry off in the shower area" But alas they must be illiterate. I told the manager one time that they need to get reading test to the members to see if they could read and understand what they have read.

Ditto!

Last edited:

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
I hate it when these jerks who take a shower then walk out to the lockers dripping water all over the floor for others to step in. There is a sign that reads " Please dry off in the shower area" But alas they must be illiterate. I told the manager one time that they need to get reading test to the members to see if they could read and understand what they have read.

Ditto! The other day I mopped up a puddle of water in front of the locker where I had hung my clothes. My second gripe is with the inconsiderate patrons who sign to use the cardio equipment more than one hour in advance (a violation of the gym's policy) and then cannot be bothered to show up on time or no show to use the treadmills or elipticals. The rest of us either wait to see who does show or change our routine.

Last edited:

omgitsrob18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
One of my friends is the heavyset kid who is 270 lbs and can bench over 300 lbs. I'd like to see you suggest to him that he "lose some weight fat ass". He can probably knock your head off with a good enough swing. Lol.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the 'shouters' in the sauna...after a long work out my 'treat' is the sauna...peace and quiet (or if you DO feel the need to talk about...oh who cares...use your 'inside voice' like mommy taught you...

Fixed that for you!

Yeah, guys, I know you're hard of hearing. But damn, do you have to make me hard of hearing also??

NCbear (whose shower area/sauna is in a cement block building :frown1:)

omgitsrob18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well yeah, I never said he was super strong. He is heavy, you can put weight behind your punches as well! Also, I said over 300, as I don't know how much anymore, he's a lot stronger than I am, haha, I'm pretty modest when it comes to that sort of thing. Hehe.

I would hardly brag about lifting nearly your own weight as being strong... just sayin'

omgitsrob18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It would seem by the look of you, you seem to be a professional lifter and/or body builder, type of guy. So it'd be a fair fight for a random, run of the mill farmer, to fight you? And/or be made fun of by you just because he'd overweight? That's pretty cool....and apparently you don't understand who I was directing that comment at, because if it was you I was directing the comment at, I would have said something alone the lines of...."How about you go against my another one of my friends in a battle of wits, because I'm sure he could beat you in a game of chess, or any other intellectual debate for that matter.

I'll be happy to. I bench 620

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Annoying guy from yesterday: this guy who is often at the gym with his high-school age son came into the sauna yesterday. He had several wet towels that he draped near the heater, then he experimented with several different bench areas while loudly smacking his gum. I sat up and he offered me some of the "energy" gum that he had... in one of the wet towels. He then proceeded to tell me that he doesn't let his son come into the sauna because he considers it the 'adult cruise zone.' I just laid back down and he went away quickly. Please...

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last edited:

Experimental Member
Media
It would seem by the look of you, you seem to be a professional lifter and/or body builder, type of guy. So it'd be a fair fight for a random, run of the mill farmer, to fight you? And/or be made fun of by you just because he'd overweight? That's pretty cool....and apparently you don't understand who I was directing that comment at, because if it was you I was directing the comment at, I would have said something alone the lines of...."How about you go against my another one of my friends in a battle of wits, because I'm sure he could beat you in a game of chess, or any other intellectual debate for that matter.

Bring it on. Name your game and bring all your friends. Personally as long as someone is making an effort I don't make fun of anyone. But if you think your fat friend something impressive he's not and if you want a battle of wits or anything else than step up. Nothing more cowrardly than tough talk behind a keyboard and I really hate cowards. Are you even old enough to be on this site? You sound like you're in high school. Your challenge is childish at best.

Last edited:

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just started working out again after 2 years of not doing so. I think what I hate the most (and there is one guy in my gym who is like that) The naturally strong guy who is like 280 lbs, not really fit but REALLY strong, dead lifts, and all he does is go around snickering at people who cant lift a lot or as much as he can.

larocca

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The worst problem I've ever encountered was the Hulk-type of a guy leaving sweat over every single machine he was on... it's as if he was deaf when every single employee of the gym was telling him that he can't enter without a towel.

cocktailweenie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People (usually of the female persuasion) who seem to regard the equipment as pieces of furniture, i.e. spots to recline on, to relax, while observing the activity around them. Gabbers (exclusively of the...).

Experimental Member
Media
Wathing personal trainers who have no idea what they are doing and thinking (someone is paying for his or her expertise?) ie. using an angled smithmachine the wrong diretion. or putting some 80 year old out to do dumbel lunges on a bosu ball when they should have them on a machine. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Cell phones too. Not meaning to be hateful but hispanics are the loudest. They sit there and yell into the phone and drive me nuts. There are days when I just want to grab their cell phone and smash it.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wathing personal trainers who have no idea what they are doing and thinking (someone is paying for his or her expertise?) ie. using an angled smithmachine the wrong diretion. or putting some 80 year old out to do dumbel lunges on a bosu ball when they should have them on a machine. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Yes I see this all the time at the gym I go to. Some waste of space with big biceps and a certificate he (or she) got on the net or thru the mail miseducates and totally screws up some poor bastard who then goes and tells his or her friends that weight training/fitness 'doesn't work, and I even had a personal trainer"!