Annoying PMs

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I first came to this site I blocked the pm feature. Then I unblocked it and it was OK for awhile but lately I'm getting lots of annoying pms from guys telling me their dick size or bragging what they could do with it or sometimes sending me a photo of it. Does this annoy anyone else? I don't know about the other girls here but if a guy I don't know just starts a convo by talking about his penis, I have no interest in that.
I hope some of the guys are reading this. I don't mean to be annoying but, well, it's annoying!

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A suggestion: if you don't want unnecessary PM's from others, use your signature to let everyone know who's welcome to PM you or not.

Thanks. That does sound like it would be a good idea. Actually I don't really use the PM much so I'm just going to block it. Thanks again :smile: .

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I first came to this site I blocked the pm feature. Then I unblocked it and it was OK for awhile but lately I'm getting lots of annoying pms from guys telling me their dick size or bragging what they could do with it or sometimes sending me a photo of it. Does this annoy anyone else? I don't know about the other girls here but if a guy I don't know just starts a convo by talking about his penis, I have no interest in that.
I hope some of the guys are reading this. I don't mean to be annoying but, well, it's annoying!

Yep..is very annoying and I do delete and block them.

:wink:

Ummagumma

Experimental Member
Media
[RANT]I've heard women complaining about this damn near my whole time I've been here. Honestly, I could never PM women I've never met about something so personal! This website can be hard enough to be a part of at times, seems like something like that could scare any person away real easy. Back before I became so busy/jaded with the site, in the chat and over my old 'IM' accounts, I asked more than a few straight guys (lurkers mostly, lpsg's best and brightest seemed to be too busy gaining more wisdom in the real world I guess :smile:) on here about this exact subject. I admit it, what possesses these guys to do it has always been one of the most fascinating aspects of this website to me. Anyways, a couple recurring things always struck me...

A lot of men are using this site for pure fantasy, nothing more. They pm all people listed as 'female' neither knowing or caring if they really are so. Chances are their penis isn't even as big as they claim, they just want to role play. I even had one person ask me to send him a pic of mine I didn't have up here, so he could use it as his own! :rolleyes:

When it comes to finding women to 'cam' with, there are far better places to get that. If you have the monster cock you claim to, put it in the gallery (or announce it on the boards I guess). They'll come to you (trust me).

I'm not trying to get too off the subject here, but this issue really bothers me. There are... thousands... probably millions... countless really... websites out there to fulfill such fantasies. LPSG always kinda stood for something more to me, but I could be (most likely am) wrong. These people serve no purpose other than to remove what few bits of validity this website even clutches to anymore.

There are better uses for your time. Most of the women here live at least 100s of miles from you, I don't think a couple extra inches of cock is gonna make them come to you, and if it does... the phrase 'too good to be true' comes to mind :rolleyes:. Many of them already have a penis in their life. Move on.[/RANT]

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[RANT]I've heard women complaining about this damn near my whole time I've been here. Honestly, I could never PM women I've never met about something so personal! This website can be hard enough to be a part of at times, seems like something like that could scare any person away real easy. Back before I became so busy/jaded with the site, in the chat and over my old 'IM' accounts, I asked more than a few straight guys (lurkers mostly, lpsg's best and brightest seemed to be too busy gaining more wisdom in the real world I guess :smile:) on here about this exact subject. I admit it, what possesses these guys to do it has always been one of the most fascinating aspects of this website to me. Anyways, a couple recurring things always struck me...

A lot of men are using this site for pure fantasy, nothing more. They pm all people listed as 'female' neither knowing or caring if they really are so. Chances are their penis isn't even as big as they claim, they just want to role play. I even had one person ask me to send him a pic of mine I didn't have up here, so he could use it as his own! :rolleyes:

When it comes to finding women to 'cam' with, there are far better places to get that. If you have the monster cock you claim to, put it in the gallery (or announce it on the boards I guess). They'll come to you (trust me).

I'm not trying to get too off the subject here, but this issue really bothers me. There are... thousands... probably millions... countless really... websites out there to fulfill such fantasies. LPSG always kinda stood for something more to me, but I could be (most likely am) wrong. These people serve no purpose other than to remove what few bits of validity this website even clutches to anymore.

There are better uses for your time. Most of the women here live at least 100s of miles from you, I don't think a couple extra inches of cock is gonna make them come to you, and if it does... the phrase 'too good to be true' comes to mind :rolleyes:. Many of them already have a penis in their life. Move on.[/RANT]

Tis all true. Rant away.

I don't have anything in my signature about PM's because I figure anyone should feel free to PM me, but it doesn't mean i'm obligated to reply. When I get the cam offers or beggars, I send them a "no, thank you". Polite and straightforward, right? Some are foolish enough to ignore this and keep asking. That's when they get promptly deleted and ignored. That little button is so easy to use and works wonders.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Tis all true. Rant away.

I don't have anything in my signature about PM's because I figure anyone should feel free to PM me, but it doesn't mean i'm obligated to reply. When I get the cam offers or beggars, I send them a "no, thank you". Polite and straightforward, right? Some are foolish enough to ignore this and keep asking. That's when they get promptly deleted and ignored. That little button is so easy to use and works wonders.

Is true and I 'rant away' with AA & MB

But I do not reply as MB politely does ...because I do think they are just like spamers they keep sending them to us in their list.

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tis all true. Rant away.

Yeah, I decided not to block all pm's, just to delete the silly ones. It's just annoying cuz when I logged on today I had a bunch of silly messages waiting.

Gain on 10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A good conversation is worth gold. The rest is BS. I do PM some people to chat, but I try to be respectful about it.

Since I'm in Show Business (minor, trust me) It's very possible to look me up and find me. So, BS'ing people isn't going to get me far. To me it's more like walking into a group that's openly talking and asking someone interesting to step out on the patio to chat. If you're respectful I don't see that as a problem.

How Minor? My Career Highlite is opening for Robert Schimmel for a week at the Improv. It's cool but it's far from impressive.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find the abuse of the PM service totally unacceptable and I would like the people on the recieving end of these to name and shame the people responsible so that the rest of us can give them the verbal thrashing they deserve.
I'm aware that a minority of the gay membership would like this site to be 100% male and are making women feel unwelcome.If that were to happen I certainly wouldn't be here and neither would many others I suspect.
The diversity of the membership is what made me sign up here.I saw this as a site with no discrimmination against race,age,gender or sexual preference.
I'll close by saying to the people who don't know how to behave,zip up and zip off! :tongue:

B_Ray6955

Just Browsing
Media
Cleveland, Ohio -- won't chat with pipples whose p
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think it's polite to respond to unwanted PMs (especially if in chat) with an initial "No thanks. Have a good day." If the person persists after that, ignore the creep!

If you are in chat, having information about PMs in your signature doesn't really do much good. If your "name" indicates that you're female, most idiots will PM you without even looking at your profile to see your signature. If your "name" doesn't and the moron does read your profile, you'll probably still get a PM -- it's about what THEY want, not what YOU do.

Just use that ignore command on creeps and keep them out of your life!!!

Have a great day, everyone.

RAY

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm aware that a minority of the gay membership would like this site to be 100% male and are making women feel unwelcome.If that were to happen I certainly wouldn't be here and neither would many others I suspect.
The diversity of the membership is what made me sign up here.I saw this as a site with no discrimmination against race,age,gender or sexual preference.

Huh??? Where did this come from?

tiff86 was talking about unwanted PMs from straight guys hitting on her.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I hear you girls, I've been PM'd asking to see my cock... I was like wow are you that blind. I've had tons of others ask me to look at their cock, so I'll say sure... but I've never sent any pictures back... Do we have the option to block certian senders? I didn't think to check that till now...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's polite to respond to unwanted PMs (especially if in chat) with an initial "No thanks. Have a good day." If the person persists after that, ignore the creep!

If you are in chat, having information about PMs in your signature doesn't really do much good. If your "name" indicates that you're female, most idiots will PM you without even looking at your profile to see your signature. If your "name" doesn't and the moron does read your profile, you'll probably still get a PM -- it's about what THEY want, not what YOU do.

Just use that ignore command on creeps and keep them out of your life!!!

Have a great day, everyone.

RAY

I just maybe twice went to chat long ago. I never chat with any of the annoying PM senders...

As much polite I want to be, when someone who never posted in open forum...never exchange and post in forum and etc...out of the blue send an invitation for you to see their dick and masturbation and blablabla...I dont think I need to be polite at all...say no 'thanks' for what???:confused:

Only because we are in cyber people think is ok to send a note like that? To me is a rude note that will be trashed.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huh??? Where did this come from?

tiff86 was talking about unwanted PMs from straight guys hitting on her.
Yes,but the conversation moved on to annoying PMs in general and the people involved know who they are.It's not my place to name names.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
The diversity of the membership is what made me sign up here.

My sentiment as well. Another lesson I've added to my online social dynamics education here at LPSG: Rant all you want AA, but many folks (read: guys) don't even bother reading these threads, and that coupled with sheer male horniness means not much thought is applied to appearing without a social deficit.

My curiosity was piqued when I started seeing the signatures of folks on the offense of PMs - was this place that busy? [global in scope, Dan - duh] Was it a ploy of some members to appear so popular that they have to be proactive about PMs? [possibly] And why wasn't I receiving any? [cuz yer not a chick, Dan - duh]

mercurialbliss - kinda goes without saying, but kudos for the polite reply when you're not interested. And BTW, I was gonna mention in my message board thread (which didn't float very well) that I bet you have a sweet, deep voice :biggrin1:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Speaking of signatures, some of the people that have PM'd me said it was because of my signature. I guess I don't really know what kind of vibe it gives off, but PM'ing me thinking that I'm going to role play my signature... please get a grip....