annoying relationships

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Imported, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Captin_hung: hi i was wondering for the women here what are some of the most annoying things guys do in relationships i only ask because im finanally in my first serious relationship and i want to avoid doing anything that might annoy her so anything will help thank you

2. Imported

Gold Member

yourclovergrl: Thats kind of a hard question for another woman to answer. Since each person is different you really need to find out from her but I can say the biggest things are honesty and respect. You get that done everything else should be easy. You need to just get w/ her once you feel comfortable and ask her. Just my idea.

3. Imported

Gold Member

palladen:
    I have to agree with YCG, Capt. The question is a bit vague, but a new relationship can be both a wonderous and edgy thing. Listen, learn and be respectful. She shouldn't fault you for that.

p

4. Imported

Gold Member

XXLHS:
    Greetings,

Here are some good things and bad things that every male does - and after serveral relationships (36 here and never married and no kids, but have been long and short term with a number of very nice, eduacted and attractive women who for various reasons never went to term... but I am still looking...lol - so I speak with some experience).

Make sure your actions and you words are in concert with each other in regard to how you interact and treat her. - this avoids sending mixed signals for the most part.

Say you care for/love/adore/can't breath without/etc. Her and then do something that makes her understand you mean it... cook a nice dinner, a card goes miles, a simple flower once in a while, its the little things... note, even though we men do things like clear her car, move things, help with things... most of the time these are appreciated but they don't convey a sense of real love to a woman in the way I am speaking of. Men do these things out of love for a woman that they will do just about anything for... and we burn tons of calories and hours of time on this stuff... we're tired... but that little extra is important - Don't forget about it once your into this relationship for a while.

Be, thoughtful and mindful. Respect is great and so is Honesty (to a fine point, but too honest will often get you nailed as lying does) - your entering your first big political relationship here. Be Mindfull that while this person is most likely today someone you care a great deal about... always understand that someday they and you may not always be on the best of terms. What I mean is this, three years from now if your both in a snit about eachother shes not the one you want running around with your SSN, Resume and credit card accounts, back records, auto title and all that... breaking up is sometimes a rude awakening to this fact... especially if you are living with eachother at some point. Until you married, keep some things too your self and under lock and key. The respect thing goes both ways mind you... just FYI there.

Don't lose GOOD friends in the hassle - So next up is BALANCE... you need to balance your life with her with your life with everything else... First time up, you can often lose yourself in this situation. While your girl may or may not like your being absent on occassion - you need your support system in place, and something that goes unnoticed... if you spend all your time on her, after a while in the back of her mind - she will begin to wonder if you can be a secure person and responsible. Funny that, you would think that tons of attention is a good thing, especially if she's asking for it... but honestly here, your setting a track record and women keep track... if you start ditching school, jobs or friends - its in the back of her mind as a red flag, even if she doesn't tell you, its there and will come out the first big fight as "YOU NEVER DO X" or "YOU NEVER GIVE ME SPACE" or something to that effect... and many men are like "WHAT THE HELL IS SHE TALKING ABOUT???? WHAT an ungrateful wench... when in fact its this issue of NOT DOING the other things cropping up.

Hmmm... also spend some, but don't spend more then you can afford to spend... a woman should understand where you are in your life and work with you - if you work for her and she helps you lighten your savings... past say the first few months - dump her and find one that understands this concept...
    "I NORMALLY DO NOT SPEND THIS MUCH, I am HOWEVER spending more at this time to woe you, but this is NOT my normal spending habit so if your with me it's beause of my FEELINGS for YOU and not my limited supply of MONEY.

Also, kissing and holding hands is a good thing, and learn to fast and slow dance with her... and polish your shoes... and don't stick beans in her or your ears...

K, Hope that helps some... Ciao

5. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: XXLHS, I can't believe you haven't found one woman in 36 with that philosophy!!!! That's the best answer to that question that I have ever heard!!!

Allie

6. naughty

Gold Member

XXLHS,

YOU are positively delightful! I loved your sound suggestions.They will definitely go a long way in helping anyone who is having a hard time figuring this male/ female thing out. Continue to post your common sense thoughts .We can definitely do with a voice of reason here.Thanks .

Naughty

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My ex used to get pissed for some reason when I'd scratch my ass then smell my fingers.

8. blar

blar New Member

xxlhs that is a great post

9. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! I suspect that you're a big, sweet teddy bear!!

No, I know you are.
    :wub:

10. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I had a fiance once that catered to everything I wanted. I lost respect for him after a while. I like a man to BE a man, but not the overly macho kind either.

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Wow, XXLHS said it all! I think a compassionate friend will get laid much more often than a self- absorbed couch potato. I also like what Texassgirl said about being a man. No one like a type-A asshole, but I do like a man to have a spine and definite ideas of his own. Here's one of my least favorite ways to spend time- "What do you want to do?" "I don't know, whatever you want to do , honey" "Well, what are you in the mood for?" "Whbatever you want, baby" etc., etc., That makes me want to puke! Be decisive, it's pretty ease to say "How about Italian food?" then at least she'll know you have ideas of your own.

12. Imported

Gold Member

NelsonMuntz84: I know you asked for the ladies to comment but I thought I'd post a couple of lil things if you dont mind that I think I've learned.

Try be 'normal' and nice to her every day instead of behaving like an arse and thinking one big show off effection will make up for it all.

pretty basic one, ask her what she wants to do in terms of sex & making love, the fact your doing stuff she wants to do will make her far more into it and you.

take an interest in stuff she likes, but dont think you need to be an expert on it, just knowing enough so you can hold a conversation or know what it is she is doing is often enough.

Most importantly just be yourself and be the best person you can for her and you, dont dwell to much on this or that, just be who you are and not be mean, after all if she didn't like you, you wouldn't be her bf just now.

13. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Most importantly, BE DIPLOMATIC! (I can't believe no one's mentioned that).

Women are from Mars, men are native to Earth when the dinosaurs ruled, or something as extreme and stupid...

14. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

XXLHS, you have such great insight and are so considerate! What a dream man!!!

I don't think I could add anymore to this post other than for you a guy to listen and to talk to his significant other. We like you to tell us really how you feel and likewise like for you to hear our concerns, too.

XXLHS, still available??? ;) lol

15. Imported

Gold Member

XXLHS: Yep, I am still single... lol... yep...

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

BB, XXLHS is one beautiful guy too! Better scoop him up quick, he won't be on the market long. Come to think of it, you two would make a pretty hot couple.........

17. Imported

Gold Member

Captin_hung: thank you all so much everything is greatly appreciated and valued as i know such advice is not easy to come by i will look to change any such habits i have and emphisize the virtues now for

now for another question im not exactly expecienced and performing oral or any other actions that would result in her pleasure its not that im a selfish lover it that i have very limited experience overall as this is my first ever relationship so i was wondering if and women had any advice on how to perform such actions as i want her to be sexually satisfied thank you again for any help

Draft saved Draft deleted