Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
oh man, so many metal steriotypes.
1. i worship the devil
2. im angry
3. i like slipknot ( pfft hardly metal)
4. i was a neglected child
5. im gothis (how do goths have anything to do with metal)
6. im dark and depressed.
7. i like my music lyrics to say "kill kill murder murder" (true)

yea.
im athiest, i dont believe in the devil

Metal is not angry music, the rock you hear on the radio is 100x more angry.

Slipknot is not a metal band.

my parents love me very much and i grew up well considering being very poor.

Im definatly not gothic, ithink you can get shot for calling a metal head goth.

Im not depressed, and im only dark in a way that i say violent things alot ahahah.

And you know what the ironic part was, his mom was actually the worst influence because she used to spoil him WAY TOO MUCH! And during the very few times when she did say no, he'd tell her to shutup, pull out the plastic and buy him that new extra lage flatscreen monitor so he could brag, to the few friends that he had, about how much better he was than them because of that.

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
There are some truth about stereotypes! Although it doesn't apply to everyone, it does apply to large enough of people who are being stereotyped that many other people perceived them to be. Take my case for example, oh I must have a small penis cuz I'm Asian.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Neither of these things really bother me (i'm pretty resilient, even been accused of being "calloused" a few times), but they get annoying.

First, I have a 'white boy affro'. It's not long and it's not short, but because of my hair, and probably because I am very laid back, people tend to think I smoke a lot of pot, particularly my father. This is not the case, I have never smoked weed in my life.

The other stereotype, if you could call it that, is that teenagers whose parents are getting divorced must be angry and need to talk about it. I hate this...I am logical enough to realize that my parent's relationship has no effect on me what so ever. In fact I think it is for the better, both my parents will be happier apart from each other (they don't like one another, I have known this since I was 9). Anyway, I hate pitty, so that is why this bothers me.

I know neither of these things are a big deal, and I'm quite blessed if these are the worst stereotypes I face. ;)

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I fit some stereotypes. As a musician who lives alone and has no interest in organized sports, I do happen to be gay. But I am not feminine, swim to stay in shape, and love to play jazz, a genre with a bad rap for traditionally being intolerant of homosexuals. I also am a sloppy housekeeper and not into fashion.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
dont feel like the lone ranger.im a very proud pagan,always have worn my pentegram in plain sight,add the fact that im heavily tattooed and you know the rest of the story.ITS CALLED BEING YOURSELF! i came to the conclusion long ago..other peoples opinions dont mean shit!:wink:

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
Neither of these things really bother me (i'm pretty resilient, even been accused of being "calloused" a few times), but they get annoying.

First, I have a 'white boy affro'. It's not long and it's not short, but because of my hair, and probably because I am very laid back, people tend to think I smoke a lot of pot, particularly my father. This is not the case, I have never smoked weed in my life.

The other stereotype, if you could call it that, is that teenagers whose parents are getting divorced must be angry and need to talk about it. I hate this...I am logical enough to realize that my parent's relationship has no effect on me what so ever. In fact I think it is for the better, both my parents will be happier apart from each other (they don't like one another, I have known this since I was 9). Anyway, I hate pitty, so that is why this bothers me.

I know neither of these things are a big deal, and I'm quite blessed if these are the worst stereotypes I face. ;)
very wise!very wise indeed!:biggrin1:

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Engineers are automatically geeks.
Upper-middle classers are automatically yuppies.
Guys with tatoos are 'dangerous'. (too funny)

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We all have stereotypes in our heads - admit it, you have them about Brits what ho. I have them too - all Canadians are lovely, the men have mighty knobs and the ladies and love goddesses.

The thing is to be able to release them when you find the truth about individuals if you have the brains to want to. Stereotyping is convenient when you are ignorant.

Good thread TK.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
We all have stereotypes in our heads - admit it, you have them about Brits what ho. I have them too - all Canadians are lovely, the men have mighty knobs and the ladies are love goddesses.

The thing is to be able to release them when you find the truth about individuals if you have the brains to want to. Stereotyping is convenient when you are ignorant.

Good thread TK.
Want to have passionate sex now?