Another crucial step towards marijuan legalization

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
probably after i move to california immediately upon legalization...then after living in a haze for two years i can finally return when it is legalized in New York...if i can still remember where New York is by that time :smile:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once it's legalized in California, something tells me Washington state will follow suit relatively quickly, which is certainly good news for me (and fellow Washingtonians).

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Breckenridge passed the same kind of bill last year

they're finally realizing that pot isn't going anywhere, so they might as well tax it...90 years later...

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just don't get your hopes too high. In 2004 the federal government here in Canada introduced a bill to decriminalize simple possession. Then there was an election, a change of governent, the bill died and nothing has been done since.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just don't get your hopes too high. In 2004 the federal government here in Canada introduced a bill to decriminalize simple possession. Then there was an election, a change of governent, the bill died and nothing has been done since.

Of the 4 states mentioned in the article I posted, only one--Washington--is doing it through the legislature. The other three are doing it through voter initiatives, which is generally minimally affected by the majority party.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am of the firm mind that drugs must all be treated the same. All must be legal, or all must be illegal. To do otherwise is simple hypocrisy.

I personally do not use Marijuana, Cocaine, Methamphetamines, Barbiturates, or any other illegal drug. I wouldn't use them even if they were legal. I just think i'm an interesting guy even without the drugs. I don't see why my, or any one else's, lack of drug use should preclude others from using them, however. It's a choice, and one that people should be legally capable of making. C'mon, now, we're adults already! Stop treating us like little children that must be protected from the evils of the world!!

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Washington state's bill just died in the legislature, but at least there's a petition going around to get the issue on November's ballot. And if it gets on the ballot, there's a good chance it'll pass, as polls consistently show ~55% of Washingtonians support ending the ban on pot.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was doing a practice video piece on a guy who does a homeless act at the entrance to the Santa Barbara Pier last fall. He does the same sand sculpture of a Viet Nam Infantryman holding his wounded buddy in his arms. Alternately, he does an Army Nurse holding a wounded soldier. The sand sculptures aren't too bad. The guy rakes it in. I dropped five bucks in his "donation" bucket and asked him if he was a Veteran. He is, but he never served in Viet Nam -- or any other war or conflict. However, he did mention that, and I quote verbatim "One can purchase some righteous bud right here on the boardwalk with or without a doctor's prescription. The city cops don't care. Some of them openly deal it."

Ah, thinking back to the innocence of those nice, clean cut Beach Boyze singing about surfing and California girlz. What a life.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It makes no sense at all. The government is cracking down on tobacco as harmful, and will legalize something else for you to smoke? What kind of sense does that make?

Nobody ever got cancer smoking Marijuana... it is not in the least bit harmful.

Second hand smoke doesn't kill either... but you might catch a buzz! lol!

There is not one fucking medical benefit to tobacco, not ONE. Marijuana has several health benefits, is safe and has more health benefits than the medical community realizes.

Here's one that you haven't heard... Marijuana protects those with type-2 diabetes from becoming full on diabetics that need insulin, it buys them time and provides them with a MUCH more enhanced quality of life.

Marijuana is actually a wonder drug... but it's not even really anything close to a drug, it is in fact a whole plant. But I digress...

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Nobody ever got cancer smoking Marijuana... it is not in the least bit harmful.

Second hand smoke doesn't kill either... but you might catch a buzz! lol!

There is not one fucking medical benefit to tobacco, not ONE. Marijuana has several health benefits, is safe and has more health benefits than the medical community realizes.

Here's one that you haven't heard... Marijuana protects those with type-2 diabetes from becoming full on diabetics that need insulin, it buys them time and provides them with a MUCH more enhanced quality of life.

Marijuana is actually a wonder drug... but it's not even really anything close to a drug, it is in fact a whole plant. But I digress...

You need to get real. Prolonged heavy Marijuana smoking causes a sort of brown ooze to coat your nervous system. It cause delayed nerve transmissions, alter transmissions, and even stops some transmissions. Smoke is polution. Polution causes cancer. You are just a pot user who wants to legally get high.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You need to get real. Prolonged heavy Marijuana smoking causes a sort of brown ooze to coat your nervous system. It cause delayed nerve transmissions, alter transmissions, and even stops some transmissions. Smoke is polution. Polution causes cancer. You are just a pot user who wants to legally get high.

First of all, you don't know a thing about what you are talking about. I have been smoking weed since I was 13 and my nerve transmissions are faster then they were when I was a kid. I am a WHOOP ASS guitar player and can defend myself because I have EXCELLENT reflexes. My nerve connections are AWESOME.

The resin from Marijuana gets spit up and put in the trash my friend. There is VERY little pollution in Marijuana smoke and the harmful products have an expectorant-like quality to them.

But that's not to say that I don't take a lot of Fish oil supplements and that might be helping the resin to get spit up (not attractive). Marijuana does have an underbelly though... my particular chemical make-up doesn't seem to experience it like others do. Maybe others cannot expel the resin like I can, in that case... they could have a problem in the passage of the resin which should not stay in the body. I think it would also make sense that if one had a condition for which marijuana would help, that their individual body chemistry would allow for a more positive bodily reaction to the substance. Marijuana, just like the cells of the body has intelligence and when it enters the body, it knows what to do.

God made mankind with THC receptors built in so that we could use the plant as a medicine. Think that I am full of shit? Read it here.

I'm actually cutting back on my smoking because I have bought too many guitars this year... one should clearly not smoke too much pot, it should be used with care and be more of a medicine than an intoxicant. It doesn't take much Marijuana to have a therapeutic affect and smoking more might not even get one higher... I have cut my weed smoking in half recently and I am still getting the same therapeutic benefit, so I was smoking too much weed to a certain degree.

Plus, I have been diagnosed with "EXPLOSIVE ANGER DISORDER" when I was in my twenties and Marijuana helps my loved ones to see a softer side of me. I'm not a maniac, but I do have overactive adrenal glands.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
First of all, you don't know a thing about what you are talking about. I have been smoking weed since I was 13 and my nerve transmissions are faster then they were when I was a kid. I am a WHOOP ASS guitar player and can defend myself because I have EXCELLENT reflexes. My nerve connections are AWESOME.

The resin from Marijuana gets spit up and put in the trash my friend. There is VERY little pollution in Marijuana smoke and the harmful products have an expectorant-like quality to them.

But that's not to say that I don't take a lot of Fish oil supplements and that might be helping the resin to get spit up (not attractive). Marijuana does have an underbelly though... my particular chemical make-up doesn't seem to experience it like others do. Maybe others cannot expel the resin like I can, in that case... they could have a problem in the passage of the resin which should not stay in the body. I think it would also make sense that if one had a condition for which marijuana would help, that their individual body chemistry would allow for a more positive bodily reaction to the substance. Marijuana, just like the cells of the body has intelligence and when it enters the body, it knows what to do.

God made mankind with THC receptors built in so that we could use the plant as a medicine. Think that I am full of shit? Read it here.

I'm actually cutting back on my smoking because I have bought too many guitars this year... one should clearly not smoke too much pot, it should be used with care and be more of a medicine than an intoxicant. It doesn't take much Marijuana to have a therapeutic affect and smoking more might not even get one higher... I have cut my weed smoking in half recently and I am still getting the same therapeutic benefit, so I was smoking too much weed to a certain degree.

Plus, I have been diagnosed with "EXPLOSIVE ANGER DISORDER" when I was in my twenties and Marijuana helps my loved ones to see a softer side of me. I'm not a maniac, but I do have overactive adrenal glands.

God? I thought you and so many others on here not only didn't believe in God, you hated Christians? When did a believer sneak in here?
Admitting you are a big time pot user does not add credibility to your statements. As you age, your natural reflexes slow down. If yours are faster than they were when you were a teenager, you must have one really jacked up body.