Another day, another Right-wing hypocrite.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_OtterJoq, Aug 25, 2010.

1. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Remember former Republican National Committee Chair Ken "I'M NOT GAY!!!!" Mehlman? Remember when he complained that all those "gay rumors" really put a damper on his dating life?

Guess what? Turns out, Mehlman is just another in a long line of self-loathing closet cases actively working to deny equality of rights and protections under the law for all citizens.

What a fucking whore.
    What a creep.
    What a Republican.

Report: Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman to Come Out of the Closet - Towleroad | #gay #news

2. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

lol... What a L-O-S-E-R!

(for lying)

3. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    A family values Republican coming out of the closet? OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Yeah...this shit NEVER happens, right?:biggrin1:

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmmmmmmmm...

According to The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder, Mehlman did not have an active role in putting anti-gay initiatives on the ballots of 14 states during the elections in 2004 and 2006, instead blaming Karl Rove:

However, Mike Rogers, a long-time gay rights activist and outspoken critic of Mehlman, says otherwise:

Mehlman's stated reason for finally coming out in his mid-40s is to support marriage equality, yet when he was in an actual position of some power, he headed the most homophobic campaigns ever run.

Rogers gives him the Roy Cohn Award for a good reason. His hands are plenty dirty, and I cannot see how he'll ever atone, but watch him try :wink:

6. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

The Cohn Award for Self Loathing is most appropriate for Mehlman. This story is all over the gay blogs, and it's astonishing how many right-wing gays are falling all over themselves trying to explain away his actions.

Sorry, guys...he's a self-loathing whore who subjugated his own beliefs in order to stay on the payroll of a party which, for the most part, would rather gays just went away...or worse.

7. spiritsong72

spiritsong72 New Member

Which makes him no different than 99% of career politicians. On BOTH sides of the aisle.

I'm completely over being mad at career politicians at this point. In my mind, the only difference between a Democrat and a Republican (for the most part) is at least the Democrat will whisper sweet nothings in your ear and spit on his/her cock before anally raping you. And they like to cuddle afterwards.

There are SO many case in points backing up my claim but here's one right off the top of my head: Why do we have to wait until the new year before we get a final decision on DADT when the President could sign an executive order today and the whole thing would be over and done with.

Don't worry, I'll give you a minute to think about it...

If you said anything close to "Because mid-term elections are in November and Democrats don't want to piss off too many people right before mid-terms because their hold on seats in the House and Senate are tenous at best", congratulations! You won!

I continue to fight the good fight, call out wrongs when I see 'em and hold politicians I vote for to their campaign promises. But when I hear anti-everything that would put this country back on track and at least bring us into the 20th if not the 21 century from one side of the aisle and backpedaling and shuffling and dragging of feet on the other side of the aisle I just refuse to get angry anymore. It's a waste of energy. In the end, after fighting the good fight, calling out wrongs when I see 'em and holding politicians' feet to the fire I just let my vote speak for me.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

There should be an amendment added to the Constitution which requires all people in Congress to suck a dick at least once a month. That way all of these "family values" candidates can come out of the closet and run a more honest campaign. :biggrin:

9. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    They already do - it's how they get the funding for their 'honest' campaigns. I've followed Australian politics long enough to realise that expecting a politician to be honest is like expecting a dog to meow.

#9 willow78, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    I cannot say you're entirely wrong here -- however -- I do not see too many Democratic politicians pandering (and I DO mean pandering) to the religious right on this issue in order to secure their vote (yet another wonderful scare tactic that works in every fundamentalist church in the nation -- the "homosexual agenda" -- write me -- I have an actual copy) -- also...........it raises BIG BUCKS from these people. The REAL corruption of the Rep party began when they started wooing the religious right as their "base" and unfortunately compromised and in many ways abandoned their real conservative values! Even the people in their own party have to "hide" their real selves in order to be accepted into the inner circles. You'll know we've REALLY progressed in America when there is actually a Republican openly gay candidate on their tickets for Congress and Local elections, etc.

11. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

2 of these 50 states' Republican Party platforms call for re-criminalization of homosexual activity. 0 of these same states have Democratic platforms calling for the same.

Top THAT, Republifux.

12. houtx48

Gold Member

I can't fathom the reason he came out. Somehow I doubt it was his choice but the story behind it would be delicious.

13. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

mabey he's been in the closet about being a republican too like Charlie Christ

14. houtx48

Gold Member

what the hell?

15. maxcok

Gold Member

Quelle suprise!

Although it's been an open secret for years, Miss Mehlman has said the reason he didn't come out sooner was because he only recently realized he was gay. Oh puh-leeeeze!!! Here's a clue: that dick in your ass!

He's also quipped in the past that rumors about his orientation put a crimp in his dating life (with women). Yeah. What he probably meant was those rent boys hit him up for more hush money.

The reason he gave for deciding to come out now was to support the fight for gay marriage. hmmm . . . do we hear wedding bells in his future? Ooooh la la! Wonder who the lucky gent is who bagged this Stepford Ken doll?

The guy is a lying, opportunistic, hypocritical pig who has done great damage to the community he worked overtime to separate himself from. Oh right. He's a Republican.

Who do you think's gonna be the hot ticket at all those Uncle Tom's Log Cabin Republican Club banquets? Can't you just see those assimilationist queers salivating all over his Brooks Brothers suits and Italian light loafers?

:rolleyes2:

16. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's already started, with apologists coming out of the woodwork. Check this out:
    My personal response? Yeah, right...

:chairfall: :puke:

17. houtx48

Gold Member

Go back in the closet Kenny we don't need you kind of help.

18. nudeyorker

Gold Member

OK he was a hypocrite. I don't know that many people who have been lucky enough to have a life and/or career where they did not have say or not say something that they opposed.
    He has joined the ranks of the other hypocrites who might be able to do something about gay marriage being legalized including Dick Cheney and Laura Bush who have changed their viewpoint. It does not change my opinion of any of them but with more people like them on this platform the greater chance we have of seeing a change. Maybe they can be called recovering hypocrites until we have a chance to see what they can accomplish with their honesty.

#18 nudeyorker, Aug 26, 2010
  19. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

What I don't understand is how someone
    wants to stay in the closet applies for such a high profile
    position

20. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Career advancement(see Roy Cohn) Roy Cohn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And alternately when they choose to come out; they did not get the advancement they were hoping for and try the alternate route. Just a guess.

#20 nudeyorker, Aug 26, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted