Another exam with no gloves on.. Common?

Riguyz

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I had to visit an urgent care today cause of some stomach pain since I told the doc that it might be hernia he did a hernia exam on me but again no gloves on I mean he was pressing besides my testic with his bare hand and just wash his hands after. As he's an older doc like 50s ? I am starting to think that this is more common than I thought. Anyone else ?

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've only had it happen with older doctors so maybe that has something to do with it. It doesn't really bother me. I've always thought of gloves as a courtesy to the person in case they are uncomfortable with someone touching them.

MilstarSD

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been seeing the same male doctor for years and he ha only used gloves a few times. He's probably in his 40's and I do notice the first thing he does is wash his hands when he comes in and he washes them again when he leaves so I don't see a problem. Some might be uncomfortable with that but it doesn't bother me.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been seeing the same male doctor for years and he ha only used gloves a few times. He's probably in his 40's and I do notice the first thing he does is wash his hands when he comes in and he washes them again when he leaves so I don't see a problem. Some might be uncomfortable with that but it doesn't bother me.

This.

My doc never uses gloves, unless he's giving me the jelly finger.

Reactions: archetypal_mystic

windibundu

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a med student and I can tell you that at least in the hospital where I "work" doctors generally only use gloves when they want to protect themselves from infection.

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A few years ago I had to visit my GP who is gay. He needed to get a sample of pre cum to test me for a possible infection. He was not wearing gloves . I wasnt able to produce any pre cum so he stroked my penis till it was hard and the pre cum was running.
A few years later he lost his licence to practice! Are we surprised?

windibundu

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are we surprised?
No, it sounds to me like he was pretty inappropriate. Personally, I never look at anyone's "bathing suit area" without a chaperone, preferably female if I'm looking at a female or male for a male.

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The gloves thing is interesting - the fingertips are sensitive for a reason and gloves diminish that diagnostic tool. Hand washing is enough for most issues and it becomes a trade off between better diagnosis and better protection for the doctor against your vile plague - don't kid yourself about doctors protecting you from them. That is not the purpose of the gloves, you potentially HIV infected patient you.

It sounds like he didn't think he was going to catch anything from touching your balls, and washing his hands, and was prepared to run the risk of you having Ebola in NYC with 0 confirmed cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardon

Riguyz

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only had that happened to me with older doc also. I think maybe back then it was normal and no big deal or maybe they were taught that way from medical school. All younger docs wear gloves.

MattBoyMA

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So I had to visit an urgent care today cause of some stomach pain since I told the doc that it might be hernia he did a hernia exam on me but again no gloves on I mean he was pressing besides my testic with his bare hand and just wash his hands after. As he's an older doc like 50s ? I am starting to think that this is more common than I thought. Anyone else ?

He's a doctor, who knows how to keep things clean, healthy and safe. So, I hardly imagine it matters.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My "turn and cough" hernia and testicular exam my doc has done without gloves. Never thought it was odd.

The prostate/rectal exam, glove.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
He's a doctor, who knows how to keep things clean, healthy and safe. So, I hardly imagine it matters.

You would hope so.
However I have over time seen many doctors and nurses who seem to have no regard for sterilizing their hands or instruments before putting their mitts on a patient.

They are supposed to/should automatically clean their hands upon entering a patients room if they intend to examine in any way shape or form. Deadly bacteria is in the air and fills spaces and travels quite easily. For those who have doubts about this, look at the high number of persons who end up acquiring a bacterial infection while in the hospital.

rjp1346

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Got to thinking about this thread and remembering the last time I saw my Dr., the only time he wore gloves was when he did the prostate exam. He washed his hands when he entered the room and again when he left. Didn't find his manor unusual. As someone said the fingers are great diagnostic tools but not when they are covered with gloves.

tubeamp

Sexy Member
Media
A lot of older doctors, especially urologists, don't use gloves. As someone said, the gloves are to protect the doctor and to give the patient some sense of it being clinical. They aren't there to protect the patient.

Everyone got more sensitive in training after AIDs with universal precautions. But if you think about it, eye doctors touch eyes without gloves, ear, nose & throat doctors touch noses and ears, etc.

Women have internal equipment so it is all wet. Males have all external stuff, and it is the same skin as on the rest of your external body.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All my doctors make a thing about washing their hands when they enter the exam room and again before leaving. My doctors range from early 30's to 70+...and for as long as I can remember, they use gloves only for rectal exams...at all other times it is without gloves. I am not worried nor concerned as long as they do wash before exams. As it has been said, they are trained to "feel" with their fingers to diagnose things....

SFLP

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In my experience, I have never had a doctor use gloves during a physical except for when doing a prostate check. Testicle and hernia check, or a quick visual exam of the penis -- no gloves. When they pull the tube of KY jelly out of the drawer and put on a glove, you know what's next....

Riguyz

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's just as far as I can remember ever since I was a kid , all my docs had wore gloves for genital exam. I don't mind the no gloves thing at all. It's just new to me as many docs as I have there were only 2-3 docs recently now in my mid 20s that I encounted doesn't wear gloves