Another "fake document" scandal

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Luckily, it's not another photoshopped Kenyan birth certificate. :biggrin1:
However, there is a news report that a "fake census" is going around and it looks as if it's being presented by people of the GOP. in envelopes that are marked, "Do not destroy. Official document", and, "2010 Congressional District Census", a fundraising survey has been mailed by the Republican National Committee to a number of people across the country. It asks blatantly obvious, partisan questions regarding out of control spending by the Democrats and other various GOP talking points.

Filling out your Census is required by law in this country, even though we have people like Michelle Bachmann telling people not to do it. Whether or not one has the right to pass out a public survey in an attempt to gather information is one thing. But to try and pass off your questionnaire as an official document required by law to prompt people to respond? Isn't there some kind of ethical breach going on here?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't know about "fake" but it looks phony and deceptive. Especially as the real Census is starting this week.

I guess when you're out of ideas, this is the kind of nonsense you stoop to.

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The OP has some issues with citing his sources or making sense, so I'll assist.

GOP’S Fake Census Emulates Mythical ACORN Claims? Beach Peanuts

This is categorically one of the funniest sky-is-falling alerts I've seen in the left-fringe in quite a while.

Not only does the "obviously fake and malicious" document clearly state RIGHT ON THE FRONT that it comes from the Republican Party, but they repeat that the survey was sent by the Republicans over and over. Further, there was a letter from Michael Steele the RNC Chairman enclosed.

Those bastard Republicans are including some pretty shady questions like: "do you want more taxes?" "Do you think the Democrats are doing their job", "Do you oppose the troop presence in Afghanistan?" I mean, seriously, WHO THE FUCK do they think they are? The Republicans have absolutely NO right to ask these kinds of questions. Especially not if the word "census" appears anywhere on the form. Never mind that the "real" census form says "Department of Commerce" right on the front and "Census Bureau"; or that the 2010 Census doesn't start till March. Never mind that the Republican fraud survey doesn't ask any questions like the census, asks for donations, repeatedly states that it comes from the Republican party and is a grassroots political effort......the word "census" has appeared and therefore the Republicans are perpetrating fraud. Oh, and Bachman's criticism of ACORN manipulating the REAL census forms in now hypocritical; for mysterious liberal-logic reasons that cannot be understood.

Here's another view: Think Progress Georgia Republicans Send Political Mailer Disguised As ‘Official’ Census Survey

Lets get down to brass tacks. The liberals are not very smart, we all know this. I'm genuinely worried that liberals are actually too dumb to read the word written on the form. The thinkprogress article makes the claim that "I can see a grandmother just filling it out AND SENDING IN MONEY." Cause that's what the Census Bureau does every year, beg for donations. My god, liberals are so fucking retarded.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Luckily, it's not another photoshopped Kenyan birth certificate. :biggrin1:
However, there is a news report that a "fake census" is going around and it looks as if it's being presented by people of the GOP. in envelopes that are marked, "Do not destroy. Official document", and, "2010 Congressional District Census", a fundraising survey has been mailed by the Republican National Committee to a number of people across the country. It asks blatantly obvious, partisan questions regarding out of control spending by the Democrats and other various GOP talking points.

Filling out your Census is required by law in this country, even though we have people like Michelle Bachmann telling people not to do it. Whether or not one has the right to pass out a public survey in an attempt to gather information is one thing. But to try and pass off your questionnaire as an official document required by law to prompt people to respond? Isn't there some kind of ethical breach going on here?
Could you please provide a link to where thiis NEWS REPORT which you're writing about can be found? otherwise it looks like you are making things up to distract from the upcoming State of the Union address.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People should always provide a link or source. Yes I could google search for myself but I wasn't the one creating the thread and yes it could have been fabricated it wouldn't be a first on this or on any forum.

I rarely ever create threads on this board. I don't have to dream up something just to stir up controversy. Requesting a link is fine. Getting snide about it being a deflection is another.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I rarely ever create threads on this board. I don't have to dream up something just to stir up controversy. Requesting a link is fine. Getting snide about it being a deflection is another.
Talk about deflecting:rolleyes:.

When a person starts a thread it's proper procedure is to put some link if citing some piece of information, especially true when starting a thread. You'd accept no less of others, so why should you be exempt just because it may or may not be accessed by Google?

Here's what Google gave me::Hit one was Killian documents controversy
Second was Warren Ellis>>>another fake news scandal and mentin of a fake document attempting to smear Bush

Third Fake document scandal dogs Opposition: Related Articles dealing with a South Australian matter.

the Fourth brings Obama fake ID scandal

Fifth a fake e-mail scandal

sixth is RAthergate and fake documents about Abu Ghraib

none of the top 10 mentioned a fake census document which is why the link is important.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Talk about deflecting:rolleyes:

Deflect what? You asked for links and you got them. End of story. Everything else is just a load of bullshit. And I see that you want to continue that.

When a person starts a thread it's proper procedure is to put some link if citing some piece of information, especially true when starting a thread. You'd accept no less of others, so why should you be exempt just because it may or may not be accessed by Google?

Excuse me, but who the fuck you think you're trying to educate here? I know how this game works. Right now, you're just trying to score some cheap moral points about "when" I should have provided the links. Seriously, how pathetic are you?

Here's what Google gave me::Hit one was Killian documents controversy
Second was Warren Ellis>>>another fake news scandal and mentin of a fake document attempting to smear Bush

Third Fake document scandal dogs Opposition: Related Articles dealing with a South Australian matter.

the Fourth brings Obama fake ID scandal

Fifth a fake e-mail scandal

sixth is RAthergate and fake documents about Abu Ghraib

none of the top 10 mentioned a fake census document which is why the link is important.

So apparently, the FIRST link I provided BEFORE the Google Link that actually went to a story on Politico about the thread topic didn't register? You do realize that it did appear on the TOP of the Google search link I provided? Click it again and pay attention. Your assessment of the "top ten" is wrong. Apology accepted. Now, are we going to focus on the topic or are you really trying to convert the thread into some fake-ass forum ethics argument?