Another feel bad story from the Bushies

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spladle said:
I trust that you go out of your way to perform oral sex on this man at every available opportunity. He clearly deserves it.

Ha, I never give oral sex based on who deserves it. The name of the game is find out what they want then withhold it- but you knew that already.

That particular group of people made anarchy look feasible. Dorky, but feasible. (Yes, they attended the Ninjas vs, Pirates "rumble in the park" in New York to protest the election in 2004- hard to beat that for dork factor.)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
...Anyone want to take odds on how the Abramoff story will continue to unfold? My money is on either "prosecution strikes new deal with Abramoff; House and Senate contacts will not be named..." or "Grand Jury seals remaining Abramoff testimony, citing 'national security.'"
Ewww, I just thought of a third possible/probable outcome... the nasty shitbags will be investigated, found guilty, then get the hallowed presidential pardon. Pardon me while I puke.

For what it is worth, if there any House or Senate members do get convicted in this scandal, and they receive any preferential treatment by the executive branch, I think that should be impeachable offense, if not outright treason.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Joe Conason has interesting opinions at Salon. He's a diehard Dem.
You need to watch a brief ad to get a free pass to the site.

Let us prey
Jack Abramoff and his deeply religious right-wing cronies express their "biblical worldview" by swindling Indian tribes and bribing legislators. Verily, mysterious are the ways of the Lord
By Joe Conason

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2006/01/06/hypocrites/

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hahaha, rawbone... it should not surprise you that they view the Native Americans as filthy heathens, and that they have no qualms about taking their filthy gambling-money and cleanse it (launder?) and put it to good, god-fearing use, such as brand new yachts.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Hahaha, rawbone... it should not surprise you that they view the Native Americans as filthy heathens, and that they have no qualms about taking their filthy gambling-money and cleanse it (launder?) and put it to good, god-fearing use, such as brand new yachts.
LOL Possibly, but I think they just saw them just like any other lobby, keep the leaders flush in cash and the bands are ripe for the picking. At the time Abramoff couldn't resist gloating about their stupidity and gullibility with his colleagues.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think if there was any way to get thast point across to the people it affects, it would make all the difference in the world. If there was some clip somewhere of bush/cheney/abramoff/delay and "clan" just spouting off line after line about how easy we are to manipulate it would get some attention, but unfortunately these things just don't come to light very often.

The other thing is, they are right. The evidence is clear- Americans will protect the guilty WHILE they rob us and make excuses for their abhorant behavior as long as they invoke the spirit of God in the process. We deserve the bad government we got. It's just not okay to be so stupid you can't make coherent assesments of the blatantly obvious.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Shelby said:
hilarious. here's the pic (to intice the lazy to read the link)

Bush-Elected.article.jpg

*now that would make a cool avatar*

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Ewww, I just thought of a third possible/probable outcome... the nasty shitbags will be investigated, found guilty, then get the hallowed presidential pardon. Pardon me while I puke.

Which brings up a good point. Why does the president have pardon power, anyway? Every president seems to abuse it in one way or another. So, what was the rationale for giving the executive the ability to overturn a conviction (or a potential conviction) rendered in a duly appointed court of law?

And just out of interest, does the U.K. have anything similar? Can Tony Blair or the Queen overturn a court's sentence on a whim? How about Canada or other commonwealth members?

SG