Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild...

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually the first movie was really campy and quite funny. :) Over the top in parts...but it is expected.

Exactly. Was campy in a well thought out way. Many spoofs on other movies were done in it. way over the top as OC said. so much so that some not so worldly folks would cringe..
(Like when the kid was under the glass table, and the teacher from Germany let loose... I cringed big trime...)

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The first movie was really funny and well cast imo, which leads me to believe the main reason part two bombs is that they recast most of the leads accept for Nico and as a result it suffers greatly.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Another Gay Movie was my favorite gay themed comedy of all times. I don't see how they can beat that. Then its that one with Marco Dapper.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hated the first movie, truly hated it. I know it was supposed to be a rip-off of American Pie but the source material did the same jokes only better. I thought it was offensive that gay people were supposed to like it because we're all in the same boat. The jokes were obvious and unfunny - "Date Movie" had pretty much the same level of base of humour but because NAGM was for gay people it was suddenly brilliant? I heard there was a second one, I will be avoiding it like the plague!

Scrufuss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hated the first movie, truly hated it. I know it was supposed to be a rip-off of American Pie but the source material did the same jokes only better. I thought it was offensive that gay people were supposed to like it because we're all in the same boat. The jokes were obvious and unfunny - "Date Movie" had pretty much the same level of base of humour but because NAGM was for gay people it was suddenly brilliant? I heard there was a second one, I will be avoiding it like the plague!

Well maybe it was because they didn't put a flamer in the movie? :biggrin1:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i was fully unaware there was a gay movie? was it in the style of the _____ movie series? like those god awful "spin offs" of scary movie, such as date movie, epic movie, etc?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i was fully unaware there was a gay movie? was it in the style of the _____ movie series? like those god awful "spin offs" of scary movie, such as date movie, epic movie, etc?

It's not one of that series "Movie" of films. It just has the same type of basic humour. It's basically the story to American Pie but with gays who can't act.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not one of that series "Movie" of films. It just has the same type of basic humour. It's basically the story to American Pie but with gays who can't act.

"what does anal sex feel like?"
"warm apple pie"

that's...ridiculous. and not in a good way

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"what does anal sex feel like?"
"warm apple pie"

that's...ridiculous. and not in a good way

I think the line in "Another Gay Movie" was that it was like Quiche Lorraine. I just recently saw the sequel and thought it was silly and gross, but in a good way. It made me laugh at the stereotypes, knowing people who exemplified some but not to the extreme. I didn't have high expectations -- just expected a silly movie -- and wasn't disappointed.
:)