Another Gym/Locker Room thread

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by goodwood, Oct 5, 2008.

1. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    What in the hell is going on with men?

I made it to the gym today and worked out for two hours. It felt great to have the time to work out for that long, to complete failure on everything.
    Off to the locker room to shower and take a sauna. My new gym has single stall showers with curtains (wtf? its a locker room) So i never take the time to close the curtain. I mean, I shave naked.

Anyway - while in the sauna and to shower and back again, no need for a towel or shower curtain, yet every guy today (about a dozen of them) came into the sauna in shorts, underwear, track pants even - when they showered, the shower curtain was slosed and practically super glued shut.
    What in the hell is this about? It was just so annyoing to me. I made a point to be the only naked guy on his towel in the sauna, to shower with the curtain open, to stand at the sinks and shave, to weigh myself naked just to see what the other idiots did.
    Of course they all looked and then ran away covering themselves up. Good grief. Knock it off already.

2. BigTopMen

BigTopMen New Member

they are too embarrassed to give anyone the idea that they would be "checking out the goods", so they make sure to hide it all as well. that also helps if they start getting an erection while taking quick peeks.

some guys at my gym make it a point to wear several layers of gym gear when arriving, then they change in the bathroom stall, not even in the locker room!

i agree with you goodwood. its one thing to be discreet, another thing entirely to be ashamed of having a cock.

3. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

There is a pit toilet at a hot springs I frequent. Most of the crowd goes nude. Some others use the pit toilet as a changing room!:eek::confused:

4. cocktoberfest

cocktoberfest New Member

obviously, they recognize you from LPSG and feel inadequate :)

PS good job on the workout

5. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    My saunatorium can beat your saunatorium:

At some of my gym locations, you NEVER bare your feet. You must keep your socks and shoes while using the sauna. It's an unwritten rule.

Male feet have been so sexualized lately it's somewhat understandable.

6. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea I've never understood guys in locker rooms.

I mean I don't work extra hard to be an exhibitionist, but I'm not a prude either.

I don't mind open showers at all, I actually prefer them at times, as then the only thing I have to touch is the shower head to adjust it and the on and off knob. Just wish they would put a hook for my speedo and a small shampoo/body wash shelf.

Since I like to swim alot after my workout I usually go to my locker to put away my pool towel and get my shampoo/bodywash, etc. then I walk to the showers in my trunks/speedo and then do a quick rinse off to wash them, then slip them off at the beginning before I get all soapy, since I heard from a friend and personal discovery that the chemicals in shampoo and soap greatly increase the deterioration of speedos. Once I take my suit/suits off, I hold them up in the shower to rinse them again, and then I'll hang them on the knob of the shower if possible or I'll leave my water running for a second and step out and hang them on one of the towel hooks/bar. After that I go back and get all soapy clean, I can't stand being covered in clorine and smelling like a pool all day so definatly have to soap everything up and not to mention its refreshing and relaxing after a long workout, I usually don't get hard in the shower as I'm there to shower, I mean sometime I'll glance at people around me but never in an overt sexual come on type of way, more just a seeing who else just walked into the shower, since I don't want people sneaking up on me. then after I finish, i go grab my suits and then usually just do a little shake since I didn't bring my shower towel to the shower (i've had to many incidents of it disappearing or falling on the floor and getting wet, and really don't want that to happen since my school gym didn't provide towels so once my towels were wet I would be screwed) then before i get all dry I'd go over and rinse my suits again in cold water (for this I wish sinks had plugs in them, but at least the handicap since has a higher faucet), since in the shower they were rinsed in warm and the instructions and from experience I know that cold does a better job removing clorine, then I just ring them out by hand since suit dryers tear them up.

After taking care of my suits I'll go back open up my locker and then get my towel out, and start drying off, first my hair then my upper half and then my lower half, and then once I'm dry I"ll throw my towel on the floor so I have somewhere to put my feet and can keep my pants and socks, etc dry while I dress, then I usually put on my underwear pants then my shoes then if I need to brush my teeth I'll go do that, since sometimes that gets skipped if its super early in the morning, then I'll put my shirt on and then go gel my hair, and finish up.

If I'm wanting to use the sauna, whirlpool, steam room, I'll usually do a quick rinse shower to remove my suits and rinse and then go put my suits in my locker and then get my pool towel out and usually sit with it loosly around me, or sometimes I'll just sit on it, but I can't imagine going into a steam room/sauna in shorts with underwear a shirt etc, I've seen people go like fully clothed, I would die, and that sorta defeats the whole purpose of relaxing the pores and why would you want to get your clothes wet. Then After, i'll go take my soap shower, then get dressed.

I don't see why everyone is so concerned about people seeing them It makes no sense at all. I know that personally I would never change my clothes in a bathroom stall, i'd be too afraid of the germs and that cancels out the whole shower, and don't want to get my clothes wet. On the rare occasion that I have to change in a mens room I still don't do it in a stall no matter where it is, I just change by the counter then I have a place to put my things and it is a men's room afterall who cares, and sometimes I even need to change my underwear, I just do it facing the wall or counter not making a big deal and just try to be non chalant and quick about it.

7. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    WOW, thats crazy, I mean I'll wear flip flops in the shower, and walking around the locker room to the sauna, steam room, etc, don't wanna be getting any foot fungus, but I can't imagine wearing shoes and socks in the sauna, what if you wore flip flops to the gym that day?

8. sizeworshipper

Albums:
    While in the sauna at my gym ther was a guy waiting to see if any one walked in. As I did walk in he followed and stood less than 2' away and jelqed his cock.
    He was pretty huge, about 6" flacid, and keep checking my reaction out of the corner of his eye.
    Nothing happend as he left before I got any nerve to strike up more than idle chit chat.

9. B_Rob15

B_Rob15 New Member

http://www.lpsg.org/101235-sauna-at-the-gym.html

10. jockmaestro

Gold Member

Goodwood, this has been a beef of mine for a long time. Something has happened in the past couple of decades. When I was in school in the 70's, you stripped naked, you jocked up, you stripped after practice, you showered in an open shower together and then you got dressed in BRIEFS, no boxers.
    I guess the advent of open gay sexuality has made guys nervous. I myself thin there ought to be a law that requires men to get naked in locker room, esp in sauna, and let their cocks and balls hang out, even if they're dinkydicked!

11. catman

Gold Member

My 'classic' example to this is a younger gentleman at my gym (early 20s), an amazing body (6 pack). he does a hard work out, comes in, showers (staying tight/covered),then slides his boxers UNDER his towel to put on, then takes the towel off, and has to then pull the boxers DOWN to cover his cock head back up (he is that well endowed), then he puts on very nice/expensive clothes that covers, and to my mind, completely obscures any hint of hint of the amazing physique he obviously works very hard to create and mantain.

Ah..youth....?

12. wvp

wvp Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Never really cared who saw me naked in the sauna, shaving or walking too and from the shower.

13. D_BarryBunwarmer

D_BarryBunwarmer Account Disabled

yeah I don't get guys. Some shower with their shorts on. Some wrap a towel around their waist right after getting out of the shower and pull their shorts up with the towel still on. It's really weird. I relax and walk around naked

14. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

It really depends where you live. In my gym (Belgium) the young people don't mind getting nude in the lockerroom. There are a few, but most of them undress and go in the sauna and then shower. In the sauna we aren't allowed to wear any clothes, only a towel.
    It really depends where you live.

15. Group51

Group51 Member

Albums:
    Yeah, in my gym in South London (it's an adjunct to a 5-aside football centre), there's no problem with nudity and the showers are open. I always seem to time my visits just after the footballers have showered though. :damnit:

16. freeballininnyc

freeballininnyc Active Member

It's a ridiculous thing all the way around. It's a guys' lockerroom therefore no one should be shocked that there will be penises attached to the men that are in there. Why hide it? That said, I understand that some people are shy and being openly naked isn't for everyone. That's cool - different strokes for different folks. All of this seems to be symptom of a much bigger problem, particularly concerning men.

I have a friend who is well endowed. His boss said he'd gotten complaints about him and he would need to start wearing underwear that concealed his package a little more as many women were claiming it was sexually harassing. The view alone - he wasn't doing anything to call attention to it. My response to that would've been, "Have you told all the women in the office that they have to bandage themselves down so that their breasts aren't obvious to me through their tops? No? Well, now we've moved from harassment to discrimination. Guess you've got a problem."

It's like everyone is so focused on dick and no one wants to talk about it. There's the mentality that the bigger the cock, the better the man. Hardly! The bigger the cock, the better in bed. Not true! Talk about it, make assumptions, etc. but don't DARE let anyone see it, either up front or through your pants. That's jus obscene! Such horseshit!!!

If people would spend as much time focusing on nurturing their self-esteem as they do on caring what OTHERS think, it would be amazing how much would change.

17. AG08

Gold Member

Yesterday at my gym, I was in the sauna nude (sitting on a towel for hygiene reasons) when another young guy came in tightly wrapped up in his towel. To my surprise, he took it off and sat down, but he kept the towel on his groin area and sat bare assed on the tiled seat. I do it the other way around. I thought, oh well, at least he's partly nude. A few minutes later, another 2 guys came in wearing swim shorts and kept them on the whole time they were in there. What was so strange about that was that they must have been in their late 50s early 60s! If they were younger I would have expected it, but I find it really bizzare when guys that age are acting in that fashion.

I too shower with the curtain open at my gym that has stalls. It seems though that I'm the only one. I hate being confined in a stall with a slimy and mouldy curtain.

18. new2day

new2day New Member

My old gym used to have gang showers, room for about 10 people at a time. So you'd basically strip off after working out, walk naked across the changing room and hang your towel up on a hook then go into the shower area. No embarrassment, everyone got on with changing/showering etc.

There was also a sauna in the male the changing room which most people (including myself) used nude, just sitting on a towel. But to get to it, you had to walk past the entrance which overlooked the studio. So it was quite usual for women to be walking by as the door opened and you'd be walking by on your way to the sauna!

19. tgw

tgw
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    TRACK PANTS?!?!?!

I don't care what you wear to shower to go to the sauna in, but track pants???? That's ridiculous, not to mention unhygienic.

By the way... underwear seems more awkward to me than being totally naked. Just my opinion.

20. plumbr

plumbr Member

<sigh> It's really disappointing to see how men are nowadays. I have image issues of getting to the gym and starting my work out there, which I hopefully will overcome, but if I were to actually arrive at the gym I don't understand why people would need to conceal themselves in a locker room. A locker room is where people change, get naked, and shower. I'm not endowed but I wouldn't be afraid to be naked. I used to be so shy of taking my gym shorts off and showing my underwear (yes, underwear...) when I was in high school but now that I look back, it was pointless and unneeded stress. Now, I am sick of it.

Why should men in their 50's be more proud than men in their 20's? Shouldn't it be the other way around due to youthfulness (no offense to mature men). People should embrace their bodies because their bodies will be with them for the rest of their lives. You cannot replace or alter your body without knowing you had surgery in the operating table. Overall, this problem has to do with self-image and homophobia.

If you can get your butt off your chair, drive to the gym, get a membership, deal with the people inside, I cannot find a reason to not man up and just shower/change then get out. Where have all the men gone, myself included?

Draft saved Draft deleted