Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hello Everyone! Thanks so much for your posts, I appreciate the diverse opinions. Just as a quick update, my (now) former gym has renovated the locker room and now they have opaque shower stall doors with 5-inch horizontal "windows" at eye level. At first, I was intreagued, but I suppose it is to dissuade any double occupancies :)

Qbanpapi144

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I recently joined an LA Fitness gym in Miami and it amazes me how most men are so prudish. Even in the sauna, guys go in fully clothed and look at me weird becuase I am naked sitting on my towel. Is this normal behavior? Any one else from Miami that goes to a gym that can explain this?

I got really late at night or early in the morning, so it's not full. BTW, !boricuabichu which LA Fitness do you go to?

B_Yeah69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People are such homophobes, just change and shut up is what i say:biggrin1:
I noticed the vast majority of Asian guys at my university opt for the private shower stalls and not the open shower ones.

Daxe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think that private stalls are the problem. There is more sex going on in the gym I go to because of all the cover. If it was open then nobody could hide what is going on. As funny as it may sound open showers would cut way back on what all thoes people who do the towel dance are so worried about. So what if sombody sees your dick or you see one or two yourself it is better than sitting in or stepping in spooge left behined in the sauna or shower.

Last edited:

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People are such homophobes, just change and shut up is what i say:biggrin1:
I noticed the vast majority of Asian guys at my university opt for the private shower stalls and not the open shower ones.

That's funny. At my university all of the showers are open, but older gentleman and Asians are the ones most likely to actually be showering nude there.

Iorek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gotta say I'm more comfortable with the stalls. I wish I could be more unconcerned about locker room nudity and communal showers, but there are a few problems I have:
Cradle Catholic. I have deep shame about my naked body that I have only begun to shed layer by layer. Goal: 0 shame. There's no reason for that, even if you are way off the Jesus deep end. I'll make my goal and probably soon.
"Catholics. They'll fuck you up worse than heroin." - Kathy Griffin
Also I'm a little prone to boning up upon seeing naked men because I was never socialized with men in communal "okay" nakedness. "Have you ever seen someone SO ugly that you can't help imagining having sex with them?" - paraphrasing Margaret Cho.
That bit is mostly poor impulse control.

Still. I don't think it's gross but I'm too childish to handle it.

gert123

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I leave the door open as it gives me more space. I just feel cramped if it is closed. I do not pack much but if someone wants to look, let them look. I will not go out to see something but if i do, so what!
About 50% of the doors at the gyms are removed / broken andnever gets replaced. Guys uses the open and "closed" ones. It is your choice. Most just walk in, shower and get out of there. No bog deal