Another OMG...question.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BBB2.5, Sep 29, 2005.

1. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Okay....I am about to open up a HUGE....topic. One that most people don't wish to talk about. They know it exist, but they don't wish to discuss it. Remember to remain cool and collected. This is not a place to start arguments. I would like a good positive discussion. Pro and cons included. This is not a place to past judgements on peoples lives or individual sitituation. Just be cool and honest , but most of all please be ...RESPECTFULL
    Ok here is my question to all of you...................Ready??????????
    Would you have sex with a person male or female if they told you that before we "do it" ....I have to tell you that Im HIV+?

Ready set go......have fun.

I'm not sure if this is posted on the correct forum....I was going to post it on " Sex with a Large Penis....but it's not about "Sex with a large Penis"

2. hungcuriousnc

hungcuriousnc Active Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't continue. It would be different if I was in love with the person. Of course, if I was in love, that conversation would have already happened. But to be ready to have sex, and then, "...oh yeah...."... Nope, that is not the time to say it. You shave spoken up a lot earlier. This person may not have had the opportunity to find out before hand. I'd be appreciative to have the knowledge.

This is where I feel bad for people who are positive. Because you know that most of the time, they probably do get that response.

How a person contracted it would be important to me, but it does not change the fact that they are sick. If they got it from, say, a blood transfusion or if they were attacked or something I would probably have more compassion. If they got it from drug use or from being promiscuos, then I'd probably be more apt to speak my mind.

Of course, there will be comments to my post. I don't expect everyone to agree with me on this. Apparently I"m the only one to comment at this point.

There are many ways that a person could contract the virus. The above stated is just a couple of examples I could think of immediately. But for me, even with the knowledge of how it is spread, I would be concerned with the "What If's". And therefore, would not participate with a positive partner.

3. tightfit

tightfit New Member

Yes - of course I would - Just use the required precautions. Not an issue.

4. Sabln7

Sabln7 New Member

I would and I have had sex with HIV+ people. I just make very sure that we use safe sex for anal sex. I have never been infected and remain HIV-. It is risky behavior, however.

5. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke New Member

If it was just for casual sex/fun, no. If it was a serious potential relationship, yes.

6. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I never wanted to argue, but I stand to defend myself if I face accusations.

However, my answer to this question is a flat-out no. Condoms might protect the sexual transmitting, but I am not sure how much spit swapping is possible, and what other exposition risks there might exist. So, before the sex suffers too much from the thoughts of the risks, better leave it.

Bruce

7. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    ditto - although it can be more difficult for me personally cos I generally have a lot of trouble finding condoms that will fit well enough to be effective.

those "mechanical" considerations aside, anyone who refuses to have responsible sex with someone else because they happen to be HIV+ needs a swift kick in the ass. that kind of medieval mindset is not acceptable - would these folks feel more comfortable if we hung bells on HIV+ people and made them call out "unclean!" whenever anyone else passed them on the street, maybe? screw that; grow the fuck up already. :grr:

8. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

It would simply be another factor to consider while considering her. So the answer is yes, if (a lot of shit that I haven't considered yet since I haven't been in that situation).

9. TallHungLB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have to say I would, I have, and I will continue to do so. Of course the aforementioned precautions would be used. There is always the option of non-penetration sex such as mutual masturbation, sex toys, frottage, etc. But I would definately have sex with that person and I'd respect them more for having the bravery and responsibility to keep me informed.

10. madame_zora

Gold Member

I have safe sex at all times, and unless I was in a relationship where I felt sure (this would take a lot of convinving) that we were both monogamous, I would continue to do so. I've never had anyone tell me they were HIV+ and I'm sure it would unnerve me, but I think I'd go through with it if I liked the person enough to have sex with them already. I'd certainly respect them more for their honesty.

Honestly, I don't think I'd begin a ltr with a person who had that or any terminal illness because the reason I avoid ltrs to begin with is to avoid difficulties. I don't see myself taking on such a challenge, at least not in this stage of my life. If I was already in a ltr and the person I was with contrated it through infidelity, I would leave them if that was not part of our agreement, but if they got it some other way I'd stay. Even if an open relationship was part of the plan, safe sex would be as well, so it would be a tough call. Anyone who feels they are free to risk MY life would not be someone who cares very much about me.

BTW, you can't contract HIV from spit swapping, it's only blood-to-blood or semen-to-blood, so the likelihood of getting it from kissing or blowjobs is very low unless you have open sores in your mouth.

11. Cosota

Cosota Member

I have and I would. Lube is my best fried and I normally use tons of it. If I were with a person who is HIV+ I would be sure to use even more than usual because I believe reduces the risk of the condom tearing apart. That being said I haven't had a torn condom in years. A hot ass is a hot ass and provided we take the usual precautions I am not going to let it go alive.

12. Cosota

Cosota Member

By the way, it feels like a real honour to post my comment next to Madame Zora's. I admire her and count myself amongst her hardcore fans. :loveya:

13. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

Although I have never had this experience before, I think I would be ok with it, provided that we took the proper precautions. The one thing I would have to say is that I would really have to care about this person a lot.

14. Shelby

Gold Member

Honestly, I think I'd be too nervous to be able to get it up.

15. sfhairydad

sfhairydad Member

I have been lurking for quite some time and have often wondered if this topic would come up. As a gay man living in San Francisco, I have assumed for the last 20 years that anyone I sleep with could be HIV+, whether they tell me or not. Over 1,000,000 Americans are positive, of which only half know their status. I think it is fair to say that even if I were not a gay man and not living in San Francisco, that after 25 years of AIDS in the US, we should all assume that someone we sleep with casually could be infected. BTW, you can't get HIV from saliva, and there are less than a handful of cases of transmission from oral sex. Anything beyond that should probably include a condom.

To answer the question, yes, I would. And I would think quite highlyof the person for sharing the information and risking my rejection.

16. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

I concur sfhairydad!

17. EFH33

EFH33 Member

Albums:
    I think I could only do this if I was in love. All sex is risky, but if someone told me before a casual sex encounter that they were HIV+ I couldn't have sex with them. I would definitely be thankful for their honesty, but HIV isn't something to fool around with (pardon the pun). If I was in-love with the person, however, I would do it, because for me to love someone is to accept everything about them. As always, I would be safe and use a condom.

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

Aww shucks, thanks baby! ;)

19. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I've had a condom break on me in my youth. It scared the shit out of me but thankfully at the time, I was only worried about getting pregnant. Nonetheless, this experience would certainly make me much more cautious about having sex with and HIV+ person.

I personally have nothing against HIV+ people. My best friend's older brother passed away from AIDS about 10 years ago. I never treated him differently when we found out he had AIDS.

20. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I have, I do and I will continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted