Another OMG...question.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by BBB2.5@Sep 29 2005, 11:13 AM

Would you have sex with a person male or female if they told you that before we "do it" ....I have to tell you that Im HIV+?
I'd emotionally run away screaming. It's really sad when you look at it like that, but at the end of the day I don't want to end up on drugs for the rest of my reduced lifespan worrying I'll die if a mould eats my brain or I drown in bacteria or my gut bacteria will literally throttle me.

I've had the lecture, heck, might put me off sex for life!

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
WOW...I am so pleased that almost all you that have replied at this point, have stated that it would not bother you. That just shows me that education on HIV awareness seems to be working a little. At this point in the fight of HIV prevention, I would think that every American would by now know the reasons how a person can get or transmit the virus. I do understand that in other countries ( third world) education is not avaliable to them. Giving the reason for the high rate of infection in those countries.
With all the positive remarks given, it gives me hope that people who have HIV can live a normal life. I have been driving along this road for a long time.
One day I just know that there will be U- turn and I will no longer be bothered with any of it any longer.......to all of you that have educated yourselves
:yourock:

BBB2.5
:hi:

redheadedfreak05

Experimental Member
Media
I would say no. I figure I have enough to worry about with out adding an HIV infected partner in my life. Plus then you'll have to deal with complications in the future of the relationship if their health starts to go.

What would be worse? Telling them no upfront or leaving them when they get sick.

I've heard somewhere that cases have been reported do to kissing. But both partners seemed to have rather poor dental health. Hence, it was contracted through lesions in the gums.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by redheadedfreak05@Sep 30 2005, 12:43 PM
What would be worse? Telling them no upfront or leaving them when they get sick.
[post=347794]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think you are in much danger of loving anyone enough for this to become an issue.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by redheadedfreak05@Sep 30 2005, 06:43 PM
I would say no. I figure I have enough to worry about with out adding an HIV infected partner in my life. Plus then you'll have to deal with complications in the future of the relationship if their health starts to go.
[post=347794]Quoted post[/post]​
jesus harold christ, who the fuck said anything about relationships? the question was would you have sex with an HIV+ person.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BBB2.5@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM
Would you have sex with a person male or female if they told you that before we "do it" ....I have to tell you that Im HIV+?
[post=347455]Quoted post[/post]​
:wtf: Are you joking? And FYI, there's a HUGE difference between denying you a job because you're HIV+ and turning you down sex (or as a blood or organ donor) because you're HIV+.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Sep 30 2005, 06:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Sep 30 2005, 06:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BBB2.5@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM
:wtf: Are you joking? And FYI, there&#39;s a HUGE difference between denying you a job because you&#39;re HIV+ and turning you down sex (or as a blood or organ donor) because you&#39;re HIV+.
[post=347853]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Not exactly sure what your getting at with that statement....please explain. Are you saying NO...you would not have sex with a person because they were HIV+?
My question has nothing to do with job applicaints or even blood doners. If A person knows they are HIV+ they would not be giveing blood in the first place.....FYI &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by tightfit@Sep 30 2005, 10:31 AM
I would think that every American would by now know ...
Hey I&#39;m not American - Thought this site was global.
[post=347732]Quoted post[/post]​
Sorry....I did not mean to exclude other countries. My apologies.... :hi:

B_hungrick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by BBB2.5@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM
Okay....I am about to open up a HUGE....topic. One that most people don&#39;t wish to talk about. They know it exist, but they don&#39;t wish to discuss it. Remember to remain cool and collected. This is not a place to start arguments. I would like a good positive discussion. Pro and cons included. This is not a place to past judgements on peoples lives or individual sitituation. Just be cool and honest , but most of all please be ...RESPECTFULL
Ok here is my question to all of you...................Ready??????????

Ready set go......have fun.

I&#39;m not sure if this is posted on the correct forum....I was going to post it on " Sex with a Large Penis....but it&#39;s not about "Sex with a large Penis"

BBB, great topic. To move off this topic but in a related way, many of us are also affected by HERPES in the community. I would say the responses to your original post would also apply to this particlaur disease as well. I know many girls & guys who have herpes, and need to be honest and forthcoming with their sexual partners. Although herpes doesn&#39;t kill most people, it creates an atmosphere where people need to be aware and still caring about their partners.
Thanx.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Sep 29 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Sep 29 2005, 05:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tightfit@Sep 29 2005, 01:37 PM
Yes - of course I would - Just use the required precautions. Not an issue.
[post=347470]Quoted post[/post]​
ditto - although it can be more difficult for me personally cos I generally have a lot of trouble finding condoms that will fit well enough to be effective.

those "mechanical" considerations aside, anyone who refuses to have responsible sex with someone else because they happen to be HIV+ needs a swift kick in the ass. that kind of medieval mindset is not acceptable - would these folks feel more comfortable if we hung bells on HIV+ people and made them call out "unclean&#33;" whenever anyone else passed them on the street, maybe? :grr:
[post=347511]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

OHHH MYYY GODDD.....that was HILARIOUS. I really couldn&#39;t stop laughing&#33;&#33;

I COMPLETELY agree. I would DEFINITELY still have sex; just use a condom...although I&#39;d be using a condom reguardless of that consequential fact. It&#39;d be very, very stupid not to. Although, I&#39;d probably be the one to utterly ruin the moment by &#39;hard and fast&#39; questioning. Then I&#39;d get over myself and still have sex with the girl.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My current boyfriend of 15 years is HIV+.
I can remember the day he told me he
was possitive like it was yesterday.
Remember in 1990 we did not have the
anti viral meds that are so effective today.
Anyhow, I really like this guy but nothing
had "happened" yet.
He told me he was positive and I was stunned.
I was totaly dumbfounded. I was educated enough to
know that safe sex was an effective way to
proceed physicaly. I used condoms for the first
seven years (I always top). I stopped using
then for reasons I&#39;m unsure of. Eight years later
I am still HIV NEGITITVE and a relationship that
would make anybody envious. My guy has
remained quite healthy.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don&#39;t do anonymous sex, and generally know someone fairly well before any sexual contact occurs. I would go ahead with it if a potential sex partner told me his positive status. I wouldn&#39;t do any of the more risky behaviors, but there are just so many other things you can do, it would not be an issue for me. Sex really CAN be fun without a blowjob or anal penetration.

FWIW, even with good dental hygiene, the mouth can become a very viable pathway for viruses. Properly flossing and brushing the teeth, by its nature, does cause some abrasion. Sucking a cock after you brush your teeth is a higher-risk behavior.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Sep 30 2005, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Sep 30 2005, 05:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BBB2.5@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM
:wtf: Are you joking? And FYI, there&#39;s a HUGE difference between denying you a job because you&#39;re HIV+ and turning you down sex (or as a blood or organ donor) because you&#39;re HIV+.
[/b][/quote]

What the hell does that mean? No, I don&#39;t think he&#39;s joking, jonb. It&#39;s a serious question and up until your enigmatic and weird response, the answers have been forthright and mature. No one was trying to equate discrimination at the workplace with rejection in the bedroom -- you invented that little scenario. The fact is that some well educated people (lawyers even&#33;) make poor choices when it comes to sexual behavior. Different heads are talking in each circumstance. Preventing HIV-infection has nothing to do with well reasoned arguments against workplace discrimination: the two are apples and oranges.

&#39;sheeeesh.

Anyway, back to the topic: yes, I&#39;ve had sex with guys who I knew were poz. At those times, I was always careful. But I also sometimes stupidly had unprotected sex with guys whose status I did not know. I consider myself lucky that I have remained negative.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BBB2.5+Oct 1 2005, 01:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BBB2.5 &#064; Oct 1 2005, 01:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by jonb@Sep 30 2005, 06:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BBB2.5
@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM

Not exactly sure what your getting at with that statement....please explain. Are you saying NO...you would not have sex with a person because they were HIV+?
My question has nothing to do with job applicaints or even blood doners. If A person knows they are HIV+ they would not be giveing blood in the first place.....FYI &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[post=348059]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I should hope not. But a person who knows they&#39;re HIV+ wouldn&#39;t be having sex with people who are HIV- either, FYI.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I&#39;m sorry I was so blunt, but I think most people who are HIV+ wouldn&#39;t be having sex with those of us who are HIV- anyway. I don&#39;t discriminate against people with HIV, except for where there&#39;s a risk of me getting it. Sex is one such risk.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Anyjoe@Oct 2 2005, 06:04 PM
My current boyfriend of 15 years is HIV+.
I can remember the day he told me he
was possitive like it was yesterday.
Remember in 1990 we did not have the
anti viral meds that are so effective today.
Anyhow, I really like this guy but nothing
had "happened" yet.
He told me he was positive and I was stunned.
I was totaly dumbfounded. I was educated enough to
know that safe sex was an effective way to
proceed physicaly. I used condoms for the first
seven years (I always top). I stopped using
then for reasons I&#39;m unsure of. Eight years later
I am still HIV NEGITITVE and a relationship that
would make anybody envious. My guy has
remained quite healthy.
[post=348220]Quoted post[/post]​
:toast: ....your the man. Congrates on having sush a long lasting relationship. I have never had to tell anyone that I was dating that I was HIV+. They knew from the get go. I used personal ads when I dated men. Then one day I meet my current Partner of 8 years. He is Poz too.
I wish you both luck and a long life together ..... :yourock:

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Hung Muscle+Oct 3 2005, 03:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hung Muscle &#064; Oct 3 2005, 03:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by jonb@Sep 30 2005, 05:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BBB2.5
@Sep 29 2005, 03:13 AM

What the hell does that mean? No, I don&#39;t think he&#39;s joking, jonb. It&#39;s a serious question and up until your enigmatic and weird response, the answers have been forthright and mature. No one was trying to equate discrimination at the workplace with rejection in the bedroom -- you invented that little scenario. The fact is that some well educated people (lawyers even&#33;) make poor choices when it comes to sexual behavior. Different heads are talking in each circumstance. Preventing HIV-infection has nothing to do with well reasoned arguments against workplace discrimination: the two are apples and oranges.

&#39;sheeeesh.

Anyway, back to the topic: yes, I&#39;ve had sex with guys who I knew were poz. At those times, I was always careful. But I also sometimes stupidly had unprotected sex with guys whose status I did not know. I consider myself lucky that I have remained negative.
[post=348431]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Thank you for restoring sanity to the thread, Hung Muscle. Any time I go out on a limb and become ridiculous, please call my hand.

Luke