Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Well, it's official. The trolls are overtaking LPSG, and the arbitrators are standing back and watching the carnage. Another LPSG member, possibly the most respected member, has bitten the dust.

Is this how the moderators protect their veteran members - or more importantly - their friends? The senior members have earned their chops, and are entitled to some modicum of respect.

Months ago, I once suggested that this inscrutable and honorable member become a moderator. Maybe the current mods were too threatened, and simply let the radical noobs cull him and other rivals.

Trolling itself isn't an offense, but disruptive behavior is clearly not ratified in the TOS. It's very symptomatic when a newbie to drive out such a respected and prolific member of the site.

Saddest of all, this guy perhaps more than anyone, understood what this site was about; it wasn't a large penis hookup site. It wasn't a social networking site. It was a site made in good humor, and later became a forum for all kinds of enlightened adult conversation.

You will be missed by many people here.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'll miss this person.
We are looking at the being of the end of this site as we know it when mods pick to side with trolls.
Welcome to the dumbing down of LPSG.
Enjoy

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Firstly, I don't want to reply to trolls. Did you read anything that I wrote?

Secondly, If you got your head out of the 'top 5 singers' thread and into the more meaningful threads, you could figure it out very quickly. When someone posts thoughful, responsible, truths and he gets continually attacked for it, then is left to fend for himself because the mods do nothing, it shows lack of leadership.

The mere existance of trolls shows poor leadership. This site is being overtaken by the them because they are a vast majority -- in numbers and in posts counts. I wonder how many more veterans are going to be crowded out of this site by the masses of trolls.

Last edited:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I'll give you a clue. He definitely isn't the one that is a "stupid cunt".

Some gaps can't be filled - this site is the lesser for his departure. No doubt, a very bad day for this site.

eattom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Secondly, If you got your head out of the 'top 5 singers' thread and into the more meaningful threads, you could figure it out very quickly. When someone posts thoughful, responsible, truths and he gets continually attacked for it, then is left to fend for himself because the mods do nothing, it shows lack of leadership.

The mere existance of trolls shows poor leadership. This site is being overtaken by the them because they are a vast majority -- in numbers and in posts counts. I wonder how many more veterans are going to be crowded out of this site by the masses of trolls.

I read everything you wrote - twice, and I still don't know what you're talking about. What are "trolls" for instance? If you explained the situation carefully it could be that those of us who are puzzled might just agree with you.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The mere existance of trolls shows poor leadership. This site is being overtaken by the them because they are a vast majority -- in numbers and in posts counts.

Hey, I have 11,585 posts and I am not a troll. :tongue:

Also, I don't think trolls are a vast majority. What they are is loud, sometimes prolific, and always obnoxious. A rare few actually read the ToS and have just enough intelligence to skirt the danger zone without actually crossing into it.

I don't mind when people genuinely disagree with myself or others; but I take umbrage to those who feel the need to constantly play devils advocate. IMO that should count as trolling as well, but it doesn't.:mad:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I'll miss this person.
We are looking at the being of the end of this site as we know it when mods pick to side with trolls.
Welcome to the dumbing down of LPSG.
Enjoy
I couldn't agree more, lovey.

I actually feel a bit emotional about this, which is rare for me. It's like a pillar of LPSG is gone. It also infuriates me, and I am having a hard time avoiding ripping off a few heads.

The saving grace is that the mods will realize the error in their ways by not defending him; they'll have to deal with even more trolls in the future. The pundits scared away most of the trolls, after all.

If this site dumbs down any more, then I'll pack my bags also. I'll join Exwhyzee at the beach.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hell, I admit, I troll. I do it in jest. Those who I troll, I HOPE realise my post(s) are in jest.

I've seen a REAL influx of fakes, trolls, etc.

I'm doing my best, along with the mods, and admin to make them feel welcome... Other places than here.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
For god sake. If someone (whoever it is)choses to leave it is their doing, their decision. Dont blame the new people for what the 'veterans' do. It is an open forum, people will do and make of it as they will.

Almost every single aspect of cock that could be talked about has. Someone makes a thread and they are told to fuck off and use the search button

What are people supposed to do but troll and spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.