Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, I have 11,585 posts and I am not a troll. :tongue:

Also, I don't think trolls are a vast majority. What they are is loud, sometimes prolific, and always obnoxious. A rare few actually read the ToS and have just enough intelligence to skirt the danger zone without actually crossing into it.

I don't mind when people genuinely disagree with myself or others; but I take umbrage to those who feel the need to constantly play devils advocate. IMO that should count as trolling as well, but it doesn't.:mad:

NJ (my other lovely), it's obvious that you invest the time in your posts. I enjoy them. Most trolls are just looking to get attention or cause a fight, so they post a lot of one-sentence crap. This allows them to post volumes. A high post count in a short period of time is indicative of a troll, but not always. Stacy, Mr. Snakey and dumbcow are examples of people with a high post count, but they are pleasant and not trollish at all... IMHO.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'll give you a clue. He definitely isn't the one that is a "stupid cunt".

Some gaps can't be filled - this site is the lesser for his departure. No doubt, a very bad day for this site.

Well, DC_DEEP's profile doesn't say he's banned, if that's who you're talking about.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Guess that was who you were talking about. Yeah, I'll miss his posts if he is indeed banned. Would love to know what the reason was if he is indeed banned.
He was not banned, Guy. He did nothing wrong. From what I've surmised, he was sick of the influx of kiddes all harassing him. He was sick of the 'disney' quality that this site is taking. He was sick of the lack of leadership.

I may have chosen a poor title for this thread. I don't want to lump in in with Hung Muscle or ChicagoSam.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For god sake. If someone (whoever it is)choses to leave it is their doing, their decision. Dont blame the new people for what the 'veterans' do. It is an open forum, people will do and make of it as they will.

Almost every single aspect of cock that could be talked about has. Someone makes a thread and they are told to fuck off and use the search button

What are people supposed to do but troll and spam?
They should leave. Or in your case, since you have been here long enough to know better; use your God given sense to flirt in a PM or chat rather than a thread dealing with a serious topic. :cool:

Last edited:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
They should leave. Or in your case, since you have been here long enough to know better; use your God given sense to flirt in a PM or chat rather than a thread dealing with a serious topic. :cool:

I am sorry. Blame me for destroying a thread that has gotten 3 responses in 3 whole days :rolleyes:. Seriously, if you hadn't started it yourself you wouldn't have given a fuck, actually you probably would have joined in

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, DC_DEEP's profile doesn't say he's banned, if that's who you're talking about.
Yeah, I do not understand the secrecy in a public post, other than a hope to build intrigue. :rolleyes: If it is DC Deep, though, I will miss his posts.

For god sake. If someone (whoever it is)choses to leave it is their doing, their decision. Dont blame the new people for what the 'veterans' do. It is an open forum, people will do and make of it as they will.

Almost every single aspect of cock that could be talked about has. Someone makes a thread and they are told to fuck off and use the search button

What are people supposed to do but troll and spam?
I agree, leave if you want to leave or stay if you want to stay, but strange to make the decision based upon the actions of others. Specifically people of no consequence or value to your life - a "troll" - why allow this unworthy person to have a level of control over your life where you are forced to leave against your will?

At the very least, why not use the ignore function? I can't see a way where there is some form of unavoidable harassment going on that the ignore form wouldn't cure. :shrug:

Glad I'm missing all this behind the scene bullshit.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
He was not banned, Guy. He did nothing wrong. From what I've surmised, he was sick of the influx of kiddes all harassing him. He was sick of the 'disney' quality that this site is taking. He was sick of the lack of leadership.

I may have chosen a poor title for this thread. I don't want to lump in in with Hung Muscle or ChicagoSam.

Oh, well that's a relief at least. But still, his posts will be missed.

That said, I am afraid you will not find solace in my thoughts on this matter. I've been around the block on the Internet forum scene, so to speak. I've administrated a forum of tens of thousands of people myself, and I saw this exact thing happen there, but as a leader.

Some of the older members didn't like when that forum started having an influx of "trolls". There was a bit of irony in the fact that they themselves had become more and more intolerant of new people, becoming increasingly cliquish and unwelcoming. At that site there was actually a group of "original" people, and then an influx of "mature" people, followed by a very large invasion of "trolls". The "originals," which inevitably included the administrators (including myself), moderators and a core group of people who had been chatting on the site for years were generally laid back and just kind of sat by while things changed. A lot of interesting threads popped up when the "mature" folks came upon the forum, and gradually their threads would get overwhelmed by more and more of the "troll" group.

When the "trolls" started showing up, the "matures" demanded that the "originals" do something. We were supposed to ban every supposed "troll" (which generally meant anyone not seen as part of the clique of "matures+originals", especially those who didn't instantly conform and kiss the ass of the "matures") according to the matures. Meanwhile, that group took it upon themselves to be abnormally cruel to the new people. The problem with the whole thing was that some of the people being lumped in with the "trolls" were perfectly decent individuals. How were we forum leaders to discern between a quality poster with a difference of opinion and a supposed "troll"? Sometimes it's obvious... but most of the time, it's not.

The "originals" tried to tell the "matures" that they should be tolerant while simultaneously setting an example. If trolls tried to hijack a thread, ignore them. At some point, an ignore function was hacked into our forum, and we advised using that. But it wasn't good enough. Private messages were sent to us telling us who we should ban, etc. It was all a lot of Internet dramatics that I felt never needed to happen.

Eventually, most of the group of people who I've called the "matures" left to create a spin-off forum that still exists to this day with a core membership of about 50 people. Nobody new joins that forum because nobody new is welcome. They do not want people with dissenting opinions. They do not want tolerance. They've got what they want--more power to them.

And the other forum is still around, too. But "the originals" are all but completely gone. Actually, I still keep in touch with a handful of them. We've all grown up and are members of various groups. The old forum is now run by people who used to be considered the biggest of the "trolls", people who the "matures" demanded be banned. And that forum is doing all right, with a steady flow of active membership of about 200 people. But, compared to its hey-day, that forum is dead.

Anyway, it also doesn't help that that particular forum had a transient subtext. The very topic it was founded on gained great popularity in the early 2000s, explaining the influx of trolls. This forum, in contrast, does not have a topic of waning popularity. Big cocks will always be a topic of interest, and will always draw more people.

I realize this isn't directly relevant, is what I'm saying. But recognize that some of these "trolls" are going to be the DC_DEEPs of the future on this forum. And people who are like the "originals" on my old forum, people who recognize that the only solution to trolling is to ignore it, will always be here as long as they're interested in the subject. Go with the flow and enjoy yourself or get worked up over the forum "dying" and the number of "trolls". But unfortunately I think we have to accept that it's not the moderating staff who can control the nature of the Internet beast. They can't blindly ban everyone they don't like or that isn't liked by a clique of "respected" members because of the very goals obviously set up for this site (for it to be a social networking site about big cocks).

I hope that made sense.

I like DC_DEEP and his posts a lot, and I'm sorry to hear it if he's been "chased off". I'd love to know in the future if he and others of you go to another forum to post and chat. :smile: This forum, actually, isn't really the type of forum I spend most of my time at because I'm not really that into being a part of social networking about my big dong. :tongue:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
There have always been distinct groups on LPSG, using it for different things - they have, until recently, co-existed reasonably well - with some cross over.

I don't quite know what has changed, it's not the 'lolsers' per se - it just seems that different levels of behaviour are expected from different posters. I've never been a fan of doulble standards. I guess the same is true of DC.

If you decide to stay gone that's a loss to the site as a whole.

EDIT: Just read Guy's post.

I understand what you are saying - as regards the 'trolls' v's 'matures' here, firstly I don't consider all new members trolls, not by a long shot, I'm just using your vocabularly. Like I said - different people use LPSG for different things - it isn't so much that all the new people should be run out of it - I don't think they should. But the way the 'matures' have been posting for years (in some cases) is being challenged and the 'matures' are being asked to change the way they use this place. From my own conversations with DC that is what he took issue with. He didn't bother with the majority of the 'new crowd' and I don't know his opinion of them (I'm not even sure he had one). But when disruptive users did come on and behave badly it used to be OK for themembership to take issue with that. I'm not so sure it is OK any more.

As for 'just use the ignore button' - bollocks to that. Sure, sometimes the fight isn't worth fighting. But sometimes it is. Some people need to be called on their bullshit.

I dislike criticizing the mods here - because I like them all as people and because I think they have it a lot tougher than most people realise - so I am not going to criticize them. I will say that there are not enough of them to moderate LPSG in the way that it seems to being (partially) moderated at the moment. Something needs to change.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I knew immediately who Rec was writing about, I'm not surprised and I can understand how he could get fed up with what has been passing for "discussion" for the last few months.

It's getting increasingly boring and I don't blame anyone for tossing the towel. If it weren't for the handful of friends and interesting people I've met, I'd be gone too.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
But the way the 'matures' have been posting for years (in some cases) is being challenged and the 'matures' are being asked to change the way they use this place. From my own conversations with DC that is what he took issue with. He didn't bother with the majority of the 'new crowd' and I don't know his opinion of them (I'm not even sure he had one). But when disruptive users did come on and behave badly it used to be OK for themembership to take issue with that. I'm not so sure it is OK any more.

First thing to say is that I'm not sure the make-up of this forum is directly comparable to the one I told the story about. I do know that for certain there's a cliquish group of people who've been around for a while who don't like the way this forum is changing, and in that sense, those people are similar to the "matures".

Places change, especially Internet places. You're at a forum whose leadership doesn't value its older, more "respected" members more than it values newer, unknown members (another similarity with the forum I used to administrate). It's a place that is allowing itself to adapt to the large influx of people, at the expense of the old way things were.

Unfortunately, that's "chasing out" some of these people a fair number of the clique of people who've been around for a while like. But it doesn't seem like that's a big issue for the forum leadership, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying I like it. I just feel that I understand it.

PS, I think it's kind of sad that his spat with 1BiGG1 is enough to get DC_DEEP to leave. That person isn't even worth the bandwidth his posts take to load, from what I've seen. To me, people like that justify my feeling that the ignore button is ultimately the best solution for the individual here.http://www.lpsg.org/members/1bigg1.html

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, I have 11,585 posts and I am not a troll. :tongue:

Also, I don't think trolls are a vast majority. What they are is loud, sometimes prolific, and always obnoxious. A rare few actually read the ToS and have just enough intelligence to skirt the danger zone without actually crossing into it.

I don't mind when people genuinely disagree with myself or others; but I take umbrage to those who feel the need to constantly play devils advocate. IMO that should count as trolling as well, but it doesn't.:mad:

You aren't a troll sweetheart, but you are brassy, loud and impatient with fools. That gets on people's nerves.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why does anybody need to be run out of town? Surely all communities accommodate for all types. Its not hard to avoid people around here for fucks sake. I would never even bother reporting anyone unless they did something I found offensive to a certain minority(homophobic for example). Personal insults I can take no problem, bring it on. Ill just give them back. I just dont believe that DC Deep left coz of "the influx of snivelling newbies lowered the tone" - moi?? I suspect there is more to this than is known. So people should stop throwing accusations around & trying to direct blame. I never knew him so his departure doesnt affect me but I understand others feel a loss. From what I read of his posts he was no little Miss innocent himself so why put him on a pedastal? He threw insults around but obviously he cant be a troll coz the word troll clearly only applies to newbies who dont know their place. It seems that acceptable behaviour all depends on who your friends are. DC deep is not dead BTW.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Hell, I admit, I troll. I do it in jest. Those who I troll, I HOPE realise my post(s) are in jest.

I've seen a REAL influx of fakes, trolls, etc.

I'm doing my best, along with the mods, and admin to make them feel welcome... Other places than here.

The trolling you do is not as dim and witless as what was going on the in "America Bashing" thread, which boiled over from the Initial post to being about someone's Big Ego and How Effen Clever he was with a Barrage of nonsequiturs passing as wit.

There's a big difference between wit and stupidity.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not saying I like it. I just feel that I understand it.

PS, I think it's kind of sad that his spat with 1BiGG1 is enough to get DC_DEEP to leave. That person isn't even worth the bandwidth his posts take to load, from what I've seen. To me, people like that justify my feeling that the ignore button is ultimately the best solution for the individual here.http://www.lpsg.org/members/1bigg1.html

Ah, 1BiGG1 is a troll and DCDeep got disgusted with him. Mr "Big"was spewing bile and ignoring the context of the thread. It was all him. The whole matter was ignored by the mods, who clearly felt that he shouldn't be banned.
I gave up responding to the thread. DCDeep waded in further into the ego argument...the choice to leave was due to the thread and to mods unwillingness to look at the situation and call a halt to it one way or another.

*sigh*

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Why does anybody need to be run out of town? Surely all communities accommodate for all types. Its not hard to avoid people around here for fucks sake. I would never even bother reporting anyone unless they did something I found offensive to a certain minority(homophobic for example). Personal insults I can take no problem, bring it on. Ill just give them back. I just dont believe that DC Deep left coz of "the influx of snivelling newbies lowered the tone" - moi?? I suspect there is more to this than is known. So people should stop throwing accusations around & trying to direct blame. I never knew him so his departure doesnt affect me but I understand others feel a loss. From what I read of his posts he was no little Miss innocent himself so why put him on a pedastal? He threw insults around but obviously he cant be a troll coz the word troll clearly only applies to newbies who dont know their place. It seems that acceptable behaviour all depends on who your friends are. DC deep is not dead BTW.

You've got it all wrong X. That's not what this is about at all.

It isn't about people 'knowing their place', it isn't about a hierarchy, it isn't about the fact the DC could give an insult as well as he could take one. This isn't about the n00bie 'lolsers' at all, in fact. It is about the way some of the older posters defend themselves and the site against actual* trolling seeming less acceptable than it used to.

* An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

There's a big difference between wit and stupidity.

The spelling for a start! :rolleyes::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.