Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, well that's a relief at least. But still, his posts will be missed.

When the "trolls" started showing up, the "matures" demanded that the "originals" do something. We were supposed to ban every supposed "troll" (which generally meant anyone not seen as part of the clique of "matures+originals", especially those who didn't instantly conform and kiss the ass of the "matures") according to the matures. Meanwhile, that group took it upon themselves to be abnormally cruel to the new people. The problem with the whole thing was that some of the people being lumped in with the "trolls" were perfectly decent individuals. How were we forum leaders to discern between a quality poster with a difference of opinion and a supposed "troll"? Sometimes it's obvious... but most of the time, it's not.

Eventually, most of the group of people who I've called the "matures" left to create a spin-off forum that still exists to this day with a core membership of about 50 people. Nobody new joins that forum because nobody new is welcome. They do not want people with dissenting opinions. They do not want tolerance. They've got what they want--more power to them.

And the other forum is still around, too. But "the originals" are all but completely gone. Actually, I still keep in touch with a handful of them. We've all grown up and are members of various groups. The old forum is now run by people who used to be considered the biggest of the "trolls", people who the "matures" demanded be banned. And that forum is doing all right, with a steady flow of active membership of about 200 people. But, compared to its hey-day, that forum is dead.

I hope that made sense.

I like DC_DEEP and his posts a lot, and I'm sorry to hear it if he's been "chased off". I'd love to know in the future if he and others of you go to another forum to post and chat. :smile: This forum, actually, isn't really the type of forum I spend most of my time at because I'm not really that into being a part of social networking about my big dong. :tongue:

Some folks arrive seemingly carrying a chip or three on their shoulders, even like MARLEYISALEGEND or XCUZE (bear with me you two) pop up, get noticed by being angry and annoying and discover that there are better ways to carry on and begin shifting over to being reasonable communicators.

Not everyone is this way. Some arrive as buttholes, achieve extreme buttholery, and go on to be a butthole god.

I just stay out of the way.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
* An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[/quote]

Pardon me for not understanding the word troll but it gets thrown around here so much its easy to lose sight of its meaning. So all these little public fights that DC Deep was involved in were not off topic? Just asking...

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ah, 1BiGG1 is a troll and DCDeep got disgusted with him. Mr "Big"was spewing bile and ignoring the context of the thread. It was all him. The whole matter was ignored by the mods, who clearly felt that he shouldn't be banned.
I gave up responding to the thread. DCDeep waded in further into the ego argument...the choice to leave was due to the thread and to mods unwillingness to look at the situation and call a halt to it one way or another.

*sigh*

Internet Debate 101

Some (as evidenced starting on the page linked above), even though they have been around a long time find their kindergartner level debate skills do not work well with others and throw a tizzy-fit when tactics like saying “No you stupid cunt” over and over do not intimidate. When that happens, it’s common they also up-the-bar with many other equally stupid debate tactics like pretending to be clairvoyant and other such childish nonsense.

When none of those work and they are forced to actually act like an adult they just cannot handle it and run away with their tails between their legs feeling sorry for themselves.

What’s really interesting is they often find many that buy into their wacky martyrdom like they are a hero but then that doesn’t exactly say a whole lot for the purchasers now does it! :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Internet Debate 101

Some (as evidenced starting on the page linked above), even though they have been around a long time find their kindergartner level debate skills do not work well with others and throw a tizzy-fit when tactics like saying “No you stupid cunt” over and over do not intimidate. When that happens, it’s common they also up-the-bar with many other equally stupid debate tactics like pretending to be clairvoyant and other such childish nonsense.

When none of those work and they are forced to actually act like an adult they just cannot handle it and run away with their tails between their legs feeling sorry for themselves.

What’s really interesting is they often find many that buy into their wacky martyrdom like they are a hero but then that doesn’t exactly say a whole lot for the purchasers now does it! :biggrin1:

Interesting that you did not mention that they accuse you of having another account, or is that something that you want to have kept quiet?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Interesting that you did not mention that they accuse you of having another account, or is that something that you want to have kept quiet?

“They” can accuse me of anything they want but that doesn’t mean their paranoid delusions are reality.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
“They” can accuse me of anything they want but that doesn’t mean their paranoid delusions are reality.

You sure do know a lot about people here, for only being here for 2 months.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You sure do know a lot about people here, for only being here for 2 months.

I have no idea of what you are talking about since you threw something out there without a qualifier but if you wanna qualify it I will answer as best I can so long as your tactics stay above example in the thread I linked earlier.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Of what you are talking or what you are talking about.

Quaint stewpyditi.

The measure of good manners is knowing when you have outstayed your welcome. I really would leave this thread be.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:biggrin1: LOL! :biggrin1: Still mad cus I wiped the floor with you showing your blatant ignorance on this page! If it's gonna get you all upset don't say something that stupid in the first place! :wink:

What is your purpose for coming here? Is it to try to get everyone to hate you?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is hard to argue with someone who feels he is always right.

Therefore, you've already lost (in his mind).

It enters into delusion quite frequently, as we have already seen.

Like :rolleyes: you :rolleyes: and certain others on the witch hunt brigade in a certain recent thread? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.