Another Phalloplastic Surgeon Bites the Dust

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From the Chicago Sun Times (September 25, 2006) comes a report that the State of Illinois is moving to revoke the medical license of Dr. Sheldon O. Burman age 80, after 45 malpractice claims, millions of dollars in judgements to say nothing of a string of shrunken, scarred and grotesquely deformed penises in his wake. Seven cases are still pending. In February 2005 Brett R. Steidler, a former patient, nearly sent the good doctor a package containing a homemade bomb before Steidler got "sender's remorse" and called authorities. Brett R. Steidler is now incarcerated in a federal prision: Burman remains a free man.

Dr. Burman got into the penis enlarging buisness after a 1981 car accident limited his mobility. He said he is self-taught and has no formal background in either urology or plastic surgery. "Most of the men I've treated write me letters to tell me what a wonderful difference this has made in their lives," Burman said from his Highland Park home. "And really, no matter how awful the initial results might appear, it doesn't take much fine tuning to get a more desirable result."

A 44 year-old married Chicago man was lured in 2003 by the promise of a longer and thicker penis. Thousands of dollars and multiple surgeries later, the man has something "that doesn't even resemble a penis," said his attorney, Lawrence Griffen. "It's absolutely grotesque."

This physician is simply the latest doctor who has been exposed as a charlatan, a surgeon who has fallen for the allure of quick cash at the expense of countless victims. In 1995 Dr. Melvyn Rosenstein of Culver City, California, had his medical license revoked after a series of well documented penile enlargement surgeries left men with penile deformities and in some cases, permanently impotent. Presently another high profile physician, Dr. Gary Rheinschild, is the subject of a class action lawsuit in the state of California. And the list goes on.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good luck getting any money out of them.

According to the Bush Law, These doctors are protected against lawsuits over the amount of $20,000.
I'd be interested to see the results of these claimed won lawsuits.

So even if they get butchered, they're allowed to do it.
So they take their license away...aww...slap on the hand, and they live on, while other people suffer.

It's sad that people don't do a bit more research before they embark on such a thing.

C