Another question for guys who identify as straight

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've heard many times on this site from "straight" men who say they don't find guys attractive at all. I know straight women, lesbian and bi women and bi and gay guys who all say they find some guys attractive. If all these people find guys somewhat attractive, what is the block for straight guys around this issue? It's hard to understand from my POV. When I hear all these defensive answers, it confuses and angers me. I've even had some straight guys tell me here on this site that I should respect their sexuality, although to me I don't think I should because straight guys have never been a oppressed group. In fact they're been on the top of the social heap forever. I still want to understand this attitude though so I bring it up in this way to hear people's thoughts. Thanks.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends what you mean by 'find attractive'. I can appreciate that others may find certain guys attractive, but I'm not attracted to guys myself. To me that's not 'finding guys attractive'.

And of course you should respect someone's sexuality. Doesn't matter which group you're in.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Male hairyness and male saliva are the biggest turnoffs for me. I could point out guys who I thought were attractive, but I'd never want to do anything with them because those two factors gross me out if it came to something physical. Also, the whole general "masculinity" of men is a turn off in terms of my attraction to someone. But maybe this question isn't directed towards me, can't tell so I'm kind of with Endued on that one.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im straight but I can appreciate another mans attractiveness. But it only goes as fair as "Man I wish I looked like that guy" or " Fuck I bet that dudes gets alot of poon" never "that dude makes me dick twitch"

beantownxo822

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Umm idk what the heck ur talking about, but as a straight male, I am not sexually attracted to another male, the thought of touching another man or kissing makes me sick..... so ya idk what your are asking?

AlexAussie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah I can tell if a guy looks good, but that doesn't mean I'm attracted to him. I'm not actually turned on by other people's dick or other men, and when I say someone is attractive I mean that I could have sex with them. I think some men do look good but I'm not attracted to them.

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've heard many times on this site from "straight" men who say they don't find guys attractive at all. I know straight women, lesbian and bi women and bi and gay guys who all say they find some guys attractive. If all these people find guys somewhat attractive, what is the block for straight guys around this issue? It's hard to understand from my POV. When I hear all these defensive answers, it confuses and angers me. I've even had some straight guys tell me here on this site that I should respect their sexuality, although to me I don't think I should because straight guys have never been a oppressed group. In fact they're been on the top of the social heap forever. I still want to understand this attitude though so I bring it up in this way to hear people's thoughts. Thanks.

Why does another person's point of view anger you? You should respect other people's sexuality just as they should respect yours. Too many people try to rationalize other peoples' feelings and experiences, and you can't always do that. If there are some guys who claim to admire the looks of others, yet not be attracted to to them, then I would take them at their word. They are only speaking for themselves.

D_ewjjde

Just Browsing
Media
Everyone else here has already hit it on the head.

There's a difference between appreciating someone's features as attractive and finding yourself attracted to them. I've personally never found my sexuality questioned in anymore than a joking manner if I've commented on a man's features.

I can say Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johahnssen are both extremely attractive people. I can't say I'm attracted to both of them. It's more along the lines of "I wish I had RR's looks and build so I could nab a SJ".

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Umm idk what the heck ur talking about, but as a straight male, I am not sexually attracted to another male, the thought of touching another man or kissing makes me sick..... so ya idk what your are asking?

I think you just answered his question. "The thought of touching another man or kissing makes me sick". And I would say your attitude makes me sick! :smile:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Yeah I can tell if a guy looks good, but that doesn't mean I'm attracted to him. I'm not actually turned on by other people's dick or other men, and when I say someone is attractive I mean that I could have sex with them. I think some men do look good but I'm not attracted to them.

That's just it. He's not talking about being sexually attracted, or touching another man. Unfortunately, you and thousands of other guys have been brainwashed into thinking that any thoughts towards other males, other than chest bumping or knuckle knocking, automatically means that you're gay.

Being able to see the attractive characteristics of another man scares the hell outta many guys, and there's really no reason for it.

To tell the truth, I don't believe one second that there's any man that can't see it, just lot's who won't admit it.

The major roadblock is social stigma and the fact society sucks at pushing things to extremes. For example, I can say, "Yea, that guy looks great, he's attractive" and socially people think "Oh, he wants to have him bent over a bench and be balls-deep" because for some reason, straight guys are held to a higher social standard. It's partially our own fault because the fostering of homophobic ideals that forced once acceptable male behaviors to a pattern of "gay". So, even if you think another guy is attractive, it is to be suppressed to prevent public backlash.

What he said ^^

anoushka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I self-identify as straight, and I am able to see all kinds of qualities in men - aesthetic beauty and sexual characteristics being but two among many others.

Part of the problem with the word attractive is that it places the ownership of the experience of attraction on the person or thing found attractive, when attraction is wholly an internal experience that starts with the perception of that person or thing.

My guess is that some straight men are aware of that, and so they say they do not find men attractive because to do so might suggest an internal experience that is not present, as well as their desire to avoid (perceived) unwanted social consequences.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for all the responses so far. I do think that when I use the word attraction I mean it in the widest sense. It's not so much about genital sexuality between guys but more about emotional closeness and warmth. Strangely enough I found this very cool article tonight about straight guys kissing each other. It's not exactly about attraction as we're talking about it here but it is really interesting to me and has relevance to this thread.

Straight men kissing more | Education | The Guardian

Last edited:

tross87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like a few people commented straight guys can still tell if another guy is good looking without wanting to jump their bones. Symmetry goes hand in hand with beauty so recognizing it doesn't define your sexuality.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Being straight doesn't mean I can't tell whenever another male is "attractive" or good looking. Being able to tell whenever somebody is good looking isn't the same as feeling sexually attracted to him/her though.
I know that it's quite common for guys to say that they can't even tell if another guy is good looking or not but I think that is a white lie based on fear.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like a few people commented straight guys can still tell if another guy is good looking without wanting to jump their bones. Symmetry goes hand in hand with beauty so recognizing it doesn't define your sexuality.

How about recognizing beauty in a woman? Isn't that the same thing?

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for all the responses so far. I do think that when I use the word attraction I mean it in the widest sense. It's not so much about genital sexuality between guys but more about emotional closeness and warmth. Strangely enough I found this very cool article tonight about straight guys kissing each other. It's not exactly about attraction as we're talking about it here but it is really interesting to me and has relevance to this thread.

Straight men kissing more | Education | The Guardian

Interesting article Jon, and I love the photo illustration - 2 hot guys in Trafalgar Square I think.

I think your original question was poorly worded. I think most guys can assess another guy's attractiveness more or less objectively. I think this is a different question to: Are there any guys you are attracted to?

For actual straight guys like some on this thread, I don't think they are being dishonest when they say that there are NO men they would be drawn to sexually. Forcing themselves to contemplate that image "makes [them] feel sick". They are NOT trying to say that gay behaviour IS sick, just that they are repelled by the idea for themselves.

Understandably, I think, some of them feel that you might not be giving their honest heterosexuality full credit/respect. I know that from a feminist perspective you are right to say that they are the most powerful group in the society, but that doesn't mean that they should be disrespected as individuals.

The fascinating thing about this site is that it allows hundreds of self-identified straight guys to talk about the more or less limited or exceptional ways that they find men's bodies attractive. Some like only smooth bodies, some like only muscles, some like only huge cocks, some like only feminised men, some like only Asian men, one guy likes only Black cocks over 9 inches. etc. etc. This might mean that within the concept of being straight these days there is room for some limited same sex attraction.

Most members who actively post here, however, seem to show more than just a little attraction, lots of them have a fascination or a fetish. I have a problem when they label themselves as 100% straight, but any other percentage is open to their own [and mine] interpretation, and so that would seem fair.

I guess you are familiar with all the guys here who mostly have relationships with women, but find something about men sexy. I don't imagine that your question was directed towards them.

I'm guessing that you were talking to the men who say they are 100% straight. I think you got the answer, for those who honestly know that they are 100% straight no Ryan Renolds, no Johnny Depp, no George Clooney is ever gonna light their fire.

That does not mean that these guys wouldn't ever form a close emotional bond with another guy. I think you know that already.

I'm wondering what sort of answers you were expecting to your question?:confused:

Last edited:

barely8

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suppose I'm a littlegay for being on a site focused on big dicks. I enjoy looking at big and thick dicks in all their variety. I enjoy commenting on guys dicks that I find aesthetically pleasing, and also enjoy getting comments in return. It's a little ego boost every time I logon and someone comments on my dick saying that its big and whatnot. So I return the favor by commenting on theirs. I like having a big dick and talking to other men about it. I just put down 100% so I don't get other guys asking me to jack off on cam for them (LOL)

All in all I identify as straight. The thought of kissing a man or going down on him is as appealing to me as eating dirt.