Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There are plenty of guys who are not sexually interested in men.

There are plenty of guys who won't let themselves admit that they can see that another man is attractive

There are far fewer men who are secure enough in themselves to acknowledge when they see the attractiveness (they are attractive) in another man, and are not afraid of something thinking that they are less than 100% straight. :rolleyes:

Well said :wink:

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*chuckles*...*rolls eyes*... c'mon all you hetero guys...try it...you'll love it...:biggrin1:

ew, you can have all the dry, dirty, stinky, hairy, poop chutes you'd like:eek:

i'll stick to the tight, wet, clean, nice smelling, vagina fuckers, team :rolleyes::biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've even had some straight guys tell me here on this site that I should respect their sexuality, although to me I don't think I should because straight guys have never been a oppressed group. In fact they're been on the top of the social heap forever. I still want to understand this attitude though so I bring it up in this way to hear people's thoughts. Thanks.
I am committing the cardinal sin of replying to an OP without reading the entire thread. I did read most of them, but I'll do a penance later. :smile:

From your statement, I could extrapolate that since white men have always been a majority, and are not oppressed in America, that I as a black woman do not have to respect any of them?

I like men a lot. However, when they hit on me, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable, no matter how polite and charming they are about it. I just do not like that kind of attention from men unless I initiate it. So, when men I don't know flirt with me, I immediately feel defensive because I am out of my comfort zone, and on guard. I blow them off in the kindest way I can quickly fathom, and try to remove myself from the situation. A persistent man gets a second polite rejection. A third advance is always met with hostility. Always. I have had men follow me home, causing me to have to wander aimlessly around my neighborhood. So, I learned to nip that shit in the bud. I shut the guy down, and I shut him down hard. That's me when uncomfortable.

What do you do when people make you uncomfortable? Here, in this thread, it seems to me that you call them names, and belittle them. Hey, I do the same things often enough, but I'm pointing it out to you because you seem unaware.

For the record: It's pretty obvious that straight guys feel defensive when they are made uncomfortable by sensing that a large part of their self-identity is being called into question, other men do things like put the word straight in quotation marks, as if they cannot really be as they say, are told their orientation is righteous cause for discrimination, and then belligerently asked, "Aren't you secretly attracted to the people you're not attracted to? Hmm? Aren't you?" Gay men get defensive when treated that way too. In fact, I'm certain defensiveness is a pretty universal response to this kind of unjust treatment.

Additionally, the nature of the responses you got was definitely impacted by your word-choice. At best, you were careless when wording your OP; at worst, you saw your error, and decided to backpedal later in the thread rather than make amends. You caused (let's just call it) confusion when you asked your question, and then paired it with a disparaging remark about respecting a het guy's heterosexuality. In doing this, YOU are the one who linked attraction with sexuality. You have (perhaps accidentally) made it difficult for the reader to glean your "true" meaning. (See how those quote-marks make people feel?) Even though you cleared it up later by stating that you want to know about what further value a straight man might place on another man, you doomed yourself to preclusion from getting useful answers to that end by telling the objects of your curiosity that you had no respect for them as heteros. How do you possibly expect them to feel all warm and fuzzy, and open up to you about the nature of their intimate friendships with their bros?

Few of them will ever feel inspired to share with you on this basis alone. Your opening post instantly polarized the group into "Us" and "them".

Last edited:

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am committing the cardinal sin of replying to an OP without reading the entire thread. I did read most of them, but I'll do a penance later. :smile:

From your statement, I could extrapolate that since white men have always been a majority, and are not oppressed in America, that I as a black woman do not have to respect any of them?

I like men a lot. However, when they hit on me, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable, no matter how polite and charming they are about it. I just do not like that kind of attention from men unless I initiate it. So, when men I don't know flirt with me, I immediately feel defensive because I am out of my comfort zone, and on guard. I blow them off in the kindest way I can quickly fathom, and try to remove myself from the situation. A persistent man gets a second polite rejection. A third advance is always met with hostility. Always. I have had men follow me home, causing me to have to wander aimlessly around my neighborhood. So, I learned to nip that shit in the bud. I shut the guy down, and I shut him down hard. That's me when uncomfortable.

What do you do when people make you uncomfortable? Here, in this thread, it seems to me that you call them names, and belittle them. Hey, I do the same things often enough, but I'm pointing it out to you because you seem unaware.

For the record: It's pretty obvious that straight guys feel defensive when they are made uncomfortable by sensing that a large part of their self-identity is being called into question, other men do things like put the word straight in quotation marks, as if they cannot really be as they say, are told their orientation is righteous cause for discrimination, and then belligerently asked, "Aren't you secretly attracted to the people you're not attracted to? Hmm? Aren't you?" Gay men get defensive when treated that way too. In fact, I'm certain defensiveness is a pretty universal response to this kind of unjust treatment.

Additionally, the nature of the responses you got was definitely impacted by your word-choice. At best, you were careless when wording your OP; at worst, you saw your error, and decided to backpedal later in the thread rather than make amends. You caused (let's just call it) confusion when you asked your question, and then paired it with a disparaging remark about respecting a het guy's heterosexuality. In doing this, YOU are the one who linked attraction with sexuality. You have (perhaps accidentally) made it difficult for the reader to glean your "true" meaning. (See how those quote-marks make people feel?) Even though you cleared it up later by stating that you want to know about what further value a straight man might place on another man, you doomed yourself to preclusion from getting useful answers to that end by telling the objects of your curiosity that you had no respect for them as heteros. How do you possibly expect them to feel all warm and fuzzy, and open up to you about the nature of their intimate friendships with their bros?

Few of them will ever feel inspired to share with you on this basis alone. Your opening post instantly polarized the group into "Us" and "them".
*nods*

Well said

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
wait .. now its a racial issue??

I'm the one who brought up race and it wasn't about the whole DL thing. I was referring to some of the black guys who posted on here and their particular attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

WTF

and its the straight guys who are the trolls? what is it about being straight that makes people go "bullshit"? im pretty sure there are crazier things in the world than a man who do not find other men sexually attractive or get "emotionally attached" to other men ... last time i checked straight men were a majority, and being "emotionally attached" was a "friend", "pal", "buddy", "drinking partner" etc.

Just to clarify. I didn't say all the straight guys are the trolls because I have a lot of straight guy friends on this site. Most are open-minded, kind and self-aware. I was only referring to you and a few others who posted on this thread who have a misanthropic view of other males. I'm not going "bullshit". The issue is NOT who you think is sexually attractive or your inability to care about other men emotionally. You obviously interpreted my post as that because you have this as an issue. Personally I don't care what you think about anything. Your attitude is not one that I respect because it's based on a warped world view. You define "straight men" as men like yourself...with all the hang-ups and narrow interpretations of what makes you who you are.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just to clarify. I didn't say all the straight guys are the trolls because I have a lot of straight guy friends on this site. Most are open-minded, kind and self-aware. I was only referring to you and a few others who posted on this thread who have a misanthropic view of other males. I'm not going "bullshit". The issue is NOT who you think is sexually attractive or your inability to care about other men emotionally. You obviously interpreted my post as that because you have this as an issue. Personally I don't care what you think about anything. Your attitude is not one that I respect because it's based on a warped world view. You define "straight men" as men like yourself...with all the hang-ups and narrow interpretations of what makes you who you are.

so im a troll because i disagree with you? :confused:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I'm the one who brought up race and it wasn't about the whole DL thing. I was referring to some of the black guys who posted on here and their particular attitude.
Do you know what the word parallel means? No, it isn't a racial issue. The OP states that heterosexuals do not deserve to have their sexuality respected because they have never been oppressed. I asked if since another group which has never been oppressed is white men, do I as a black woman get to ignore their civil rights, and disrespect them. It is a different scenario with the same ethical implications. My hope is that the OP can see his own bigotry for what it is.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you know what the word parallel means? No, it isn't a racial issue. The OP states that heterosexuals do not deserve to have their sexuality respected because they have never been oppressed. I asked if since another group which has never been oppressed is white men, do I as a black woman get to ignore their civil rights, and disrespect them. It is a different scenario with the same ethical implications. My hope is that the OP can see his own bigotry for what it is.

yeah thats what really got my nerve, how can you disrespect an entire group of people? just because straight men were never really oppressed for our sexuality, we do not deserve to be respected? with this same form of bigotry i could say germans, white americans and ancient egyptions do not deserve to be respected because a few assholes, who happened to be part of those races, oppressedpeople. that makes me just as much of a bigot as the people from 50+ years ago. what ever happened to respecting/not respecting an individual based on their character? maybe thats still a foreign concept :confused:

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's an awful lot of straight-bashing going on in here...

I am 100% straight. I am not physically attracted to men. The two preceding sentences overlap greatly in meaning.

My best friend is male. As far as I know, he is not physically attracted to men and would consider himself 100% straight. I'll refer to him as J, if needed, as the post moves forward.

We are very close friends. When we see each other (he lives a few hundred miles away) we hug. I believe this falls in line with (non-sexually) intimate behavior. I would classify our relationship as one of platonic love. If you've read Stranger In A Strange Land, think water brothers. If you want to know about emotional/interpersonal connections between two straight men, I think I have an awful lot to bring to the table - especially for someone who doesn't actually have much in the way of genuine emotion.

Non-Sexual Intimacy

J and I were once in the middle of an excellent conversation and simultaneously in need of showers. I did not feel compelled to get in the shower with him, but I stood outside the door a moment while he undressed and hopped in - continuing our conversation, but allowing him his privacy. I sat atop the (closed) toilet (which does not face the bath) and we talked the entire time he was in the shower. I handed him a towel when he finished and I snagged a shower with the door to the bathroom open because we were still talking.

There are some who might consider that a little gay, but there's no sexual component to it. Nobody was trying to steal a furtive glance or invite the other into the shower for some fun. We just didn't want to take a 10 to 20 minute break in the conversation while we took turns using the one available shower and got dressed and the like.

There is very little I wouldn't do for him and vise versa.

Physical Traits

J and I both have reputations for being ladies' men, but we have slightly different tastes and mostly different appealing factors. J carries a lot more muscle than I do; I carry a lot less fat than... well, most anybody. I know that some of his appeal comes from his musculature. He has good facial features. I know he does alright with women and I know how he looks. I don't find him attractive, but I can see not only that others do, but also why.

The converse, but with different details, holds true.

Conclusion

With all that in mind, I will once more say: I do not find him attractive. I have never longingly wondered what it would be like to kiss him. I have no interest in having a sexual relationship with him.

He's my best friend, and a damn close one, but he isn't my secret crush - unless you ask my fiancée, who will tell you he's my boyfriend.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let's all live in love..! Whether it shows in the form of respect, compassion, lust, friendship,
companionship or deep passion. :)

i'll stick to the tight, wet, clean, nice smelling, vagina fuckers, team :rolleyes::biggrin1:

No, this is what makes you a troll, Bjen. ^

Last edited:

BJs4You IL

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

wet I'll give you, but tight? clean? NICE SMELLING? What kind of freakin fantasy world are you livin in??? lol