Another school shooting

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by unabear09, Feb 5, 2010.

1. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah I know. Madison is about an hour away from me. Still don't know the condition of the kid that was shot. Good thing for him was that there was a fire/rescue station across the street from the school, so it was a matter of a few minutes before he was getting treatment.

4. Epicfailguy

Epicfailguy Member

Netherlands,dutchmansland,holland (and all other v
    y'know
    i dont wanna sound mean or something
    but in america you can buy a gun on every fucking streetcorner but if somebody sees a nipple the whole jesus-wagon is rolled out agian
    i mean,ban the fucking things and you wont have things such as this

and hang the bullies that made the kid to what he is by the balls

/sollution

5. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I'm waiting on the afternoon/evening local news for details on the shooting.
    Also to see what idiotic action Governor Riley had done today to close our electronic bingo centers.

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:

Wow! Brilliant!

It's so simple and obvious...I can't believe nobody has ever thought of this before!!!

You're an absolute genius!

7. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just heard on facebook from some friends that live in Madison and know the family. According to them, the kid is brain dead.........

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

And Jesus wept.

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea, but banning them just makes them easier and more fun to get.

I agree with hanging them. Or at least torture them somehow.

10. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Look at the shootings in Finland and in Germany. France just thwarted a school shooting a few months ago. It's just not guns (although I hate them). It's the way we are raising our children - our culture, values, etc.
    People had just as many guns 30 years ago in the US and there were never any school shootings (no, I don't support the NRA).

11. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    just found this.....Todd T. Brown, 14, is in extreme critical condition! Both freshman, shooter and Todd. Shooter in custody. Todd shot in the back of the head in the hallway during break this afternoon at 1:45. 911 call at 1:46. Help arrived at 1:48. Todd was immeadiately rushed to Huntsville Hospital. No one else was hurt.

12. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

Agreed 100%. My question is...what values? The only values I see today are to hate everyone that is different than you, make money, be greedy, and fuck your fellow man.

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Shot him when his back was turned...what a fucking coward. :no:

Now where have I heard that philosophy espoused before... :scratchchin:

14. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Local news just broke in with the announcement that the kid died.....such a shame. R.I.P.

15. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is certainly sad news that such a young persons life is so fucked now. Even the shooter has fucked his life up way more then it could have been already. I can't imagine how either the victim or the shooters parents feel right now. Not to mention the kids in the hallway that had to witness this gruesome event.

There is a freaky thing going on with a school district near here where peoples cars are getting burned and the vandals are leaving trails of playing cards leading to there front doors and always the king of hearts is missing. The local school was going to have a dance whose theme was king of hearts and they had to cancel the dance because of it. I think the count was up to 5 cars so far. There was even rumors that someone was going to take a gun to the dance and someone had heard something about a hit list. People seem to know enough to know who this person is but no one has been arrested yet.

#15 Deno, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  16. dc46064

dc46064 New Member

Albums:

i dont know what happened. today people are mean, hatful and just rude. i agree with everything you said.

17. wall_guy

wall_guy New Member

I volunteer in an after school program with a group of architects, contractors and engineers in a rough high school here in Nashville. It was an eye opening experience. A huge precenage of the kids were in foster homes or being raised by someone other than their parents. The kids I deal with are very bright, but the oppertunites are so limited.
    The other mentor groups go to the very posh high schools in town. They were wanting to make it mandatory for all the kids in the program to have a lap top. It was amazing to see peoples reactions when our group described the back ground and the real world of the kids in our group.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

I feel so sorry for the parents of the victim. :frown1:

Bull shit, That's the same as starting a sentence with " No offense, but . . . "
    Yeah, we tried that in the early 1920's with alcohol. People thought alcoholism was on the rise and that it created violence, birth defects, and spousal abuse.

Ever hear of bathtub gin and speakeasys? That's what happend during Prohibition. People will always find a way to do the illegal.

Decantified: Creativity During Prohibition

The last thing America needs is people getting creative and making their own guns at home. :mad::rolleyes:

The problem isn't the guns it's the idiots who never teach their children gun safety and don't lock up their weapons properly.

Dollars to donuts when the investigation is complete we will find that the shooter had a mental illness that went untreated or he went off his meds. THAT is the real crime in America! That so many people with severe mental illnesses go both undiagnosed and untreated. The stigma of mental illness needs to be put to rest. Many of these people could lead normal, healthy, productive lives if only they had access to decent and consistent mental health care.

FWIW: I am a Democrat, a Christian, an educator, and a member of the NRA. You can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead hand. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted