Another 'switcharoo' by Obama and the gang

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Jun 10, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Almost a full-time job sifting through Obama's repeated, and almost daily lies.

Here's yet another.

In his efforts to boost his popularity and maintain a 'hero to the working man' status, he blathered and wailed about limits on executive pay for months on end. Appealing to the middle and lower class with cries of 'immoral,' 'just wrong,' 'we won't stand for it,' yada yada yada. Lies, lies, lies.

{whistling as I flip through the newspaper}

Of course, the switcharoo has been initiated as of yesterday as they will be lifting those restrictions on corporations; and we be pursuing no such actions towards corporate America.

Geithner: No Caps on Pay for Corporate Executives - Political News - FOXNews.com

Of course, nary a word from the liberal news outlets.

How many lies need to be beaten into the heads of the insanely smitten Obamabots before they acknowledge the underhanded scheming of this con artist?

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    And another sensationalized thread from SI/Fox news. You conveniently left this out:

"The administration will still restrict compensation at companies that are receiving taxpayer assistance through its $700 billion financial bailout program."

In your quote from Obama he was referencing companies that took bail-out money.

Try again

3. B_starinvestor

There is no need to try again. His lies precipitated this event anyway; his bogus heroic statements about restricting comp never carried weight in the first place, as most banks were exempt anyway.

The restrictions on the exec comp were also 'on the honor system'

As you can see, it was a bunch of hot air and pandering and bullshit to begin with.

And this yesterday from Geithner, "We do not believe it's appropriate for the government to set caps on compensation,"

Wooow, Timmyboy - that's a far cry from the iron-fisted rantings of Mr. President months ago regarding executive compensation.

4. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I guess you didn't read this:

"The administration will still restrict compensation at companies that are receiving taxpayer assistance through its $700 billion financial bailout program."

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    No worries, the new "Special Master of Compensation" position has been filled. But, given Geithener's comments today, why do we need one?

Obama's "czars" (16 of them and counting) are bad, bad news... primarily because they're accountable to no one (except the prez himself, of course). Congratulations folks, you now have a shadow government. May as well dismiss the cabinet.

Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV) warned of this peril in February:

Sen. Byrd questions Obama's use of policy 'czars' - NYTimes.com

Oh, and lest we forget Obama was against a car czar before he was for it (amounting to more hot air and pandering bullshit):

Saying No to a Car Czar: Obama's Smart First Step on Detroit - TIME

Now that we have one he's nowhere to be found...

#5 VeeP, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  6. B_starinvestor

Wondering if we should approach the mods to implement an entire new forum "Obama's lies" as there is enough material to support thousands of threads; and hell, we're only into the fifth month of this circus.:smile:

7. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I guess you didn't read this:

8. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    And they thought Bush was a liar... :rolleyes:

It's also not very becoming of a mod to double post.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So star, if Obama is supposed to be this so-called anti-Christ for the low & middle class, WHO do you think would have been a better choice to make these decisions and why? Also let me give you a hint... don't mention just any random conservative and simply give the answer of "lowering taxes" as the reason because we'll all laugh at you.

10. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually the circus was a while back when all of this shit went down. I laughed heartily when Obama mentioned limiting executive compensation. The wealthy overlords in this country do whatever the hell they want because they can. No president has any real control whatsoever over the wealthy in this country. The ├╝ber rich are untouchable.

Obama was just tryin' to calm everyone down so they would quit bitchin' about stuff that they have no control over.

I prefer not to call it "lying" but instead refer to it as "blowing sunshine up our asses". Anybody that believed him is naive and doesn't know how shit really works.

Maybe the Dems actually thought that they could pull it off... I dunno. Harry Reid comes off as a naive old man but I bet when he gets in closed chambers he is as sleazy as the rest of them. It's all a guessing game.

Nobody is really mentioning it because nobody really believed it anyway.

What the fuck were the Dems thinkin' by saying it in the first place?

They can't fight the machine... they can't even get out of their own fucking way it seems.

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually, don't. Get back on your tired-ass one-trick pony and ride off into oblivion.

12. B_starinvestor

Lol.

Another scorned Obama drone.

Hope you got Olbermann on DVR to keep your spirits up.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Bzzzzzzzt! You apparently don't know who HG was addressing this to with that post. LOL indeed.

14. B_starinvestor

Um, read through the thread again.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I have. And you're still wrong.
    You forget... HG also thinks you're an idiot. And who just happened to start the thread that Indy was responding to that lead to the response that you're now cheering? I had no idea that you were the type to applaud your own discrediting. Congratulations!!!!

But thanks for playing "EPIC FAIL". Don't forget your Rice-A-Roni on your way out! :rolleyes:

16. D_Tully Tunnelrat

D_Tully Tunnelrat New Member

SI your harsh anti-Obama comments bring to mind some choice quotes of John Maynard Keynes...

"When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

Unlike you, I welcome a leader who can change direction either when wrong, or if facts change, however the czarism thing is troubling, especially since the US Gov owns so much of the formerly private economy. It's just too much power in one place. Here's a quote from the Time article that expresses my reservations better than I can.

"But creeping czarism is also a way of exploiting the undemocratic yearning for strongmen, playing on the idea that compromise is fine when the stakes are small, but when the chips are down, only a tyrant will do."

That's a slippery slope. One we saw in Cheney/Bush with regards to Post 9/11 military policy, and we are seeing in Obama with economic policy.

17. B_starinvestor

The truth is, Duc, that Obama has had absolutely no business or economic experience or training in his life. This fact is indisputable.

He was ill-prepared to quarterback a country through its most difficult economic challenge in eighty years. He hasn't a clue about the most elementary economic principle, and he is waging more long-term destruction than he has the aptitude to comprehend.

I understand your comments about military policy - but if the Executive Branch fucks that up, they at least fall within their jurisdiction.

Obama has steamrolled bankruptcy laws, infiltrated multiple industries, and repeatedly lied to the American public without remorse.

So yes, I'm going to be harsh.

18. crossy

Gold Member

I like Barack, Michelle, their girls and the new dog.

19. D_Tully Tunnelrat

D_Tully Tunnelrat New Member

We agree. Community service is not business, but is no less valuable in terms of creating an organization as witnessed by his stellar campaign, even if it doesn't doesn't hone ones econ. skills.

I don't entirely disagree, but you have to remember the only reason he is in office is because previous Admin. fucked-up so badly. You are 36, did you ever imagine a black man becoming President when you were 21? That's how badly Bush screwed up. He made the unthinkable happen. I can only hope that Barrack is fast at OJT.

Actually not. Only Congress has the power to declare war, even if the Prez is CIC. The only reason Congress signed off was the manipulation of intelligence, and a threat of total annihilation (WMD). What's despicable about the previous Exec's use of power was they used the terror of 9/11 to create a tyranny of war time powers to declare an unfounded war, which killed 4K+ US, not to mention the 90+K Iraqi dead. That's off the charts bad. Enter Obama.

Agreed on the BK laws, tyrannical use of executive power to satisfy labor. Most of the infiltrated industries, i.e. banks, were already broke, so he/we are really providing capital, and thus, even if we don't like it, he who puts up the dough, sets the rules. That's capitalism 101. The lying I don't see, please prudently expound.

Your entitled. But let's face it, you're railing against a straw man since he's not here to counter anything you say. You should send your comments to the White House, and see if you get a response. I'd be interested to hear if you do.

20. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow.

I don't even know what to make of your post.

A Black president was not anywhere near "unthinkable".

The only reason that we have a black president is that Bush screwed up so badly?

Did you realize how racist that paragraph was when you typed it?

Draft saved Draft deleted