Another update

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had an exhausting day yesterday. I was suppose to go see a neurologist that the top vertigo doc referred me to. I got out there and they told me they don't take my insurance. Waste of three hours!

I physically went to the ENT clinic to tell the nurse what happened that morning. She is going to have vertigo doc call and try to get them to see me for free or take my insurance. I had another follow up neuro visit with another doctor at a clinic on the hospital campus and told the nurse I would stop back and let her know what they said.

So, I see the same resident that is a total jerk on a power trip as I saw last time. He went and got his supervisor. His supervisor flat out told me he doesn't even believe in vestibular migraines and that I was faking everything. He can shove his opinion and his stethiscope up his fat ass as far as I am concerned.

I went and talked to the ENT nurse again and she is going to call me tomorrow. I was beyond disgusted with that neurologist I saw. I take it that is why I was referred to the other guy in the first place because, said vertigo doc must have known the opinion of the neuro in charge of the clinic at the hospital. She said that they have had trouble with the BS from that doctor at the clinic before.

She did give me a copy of the refferal to the other doctor as she knows I am in the appeals process of my disbility. It states on there more than once that patients condition is debilitating and needs further care. I took that and my last ER discharge sheet to my lawyer this morning! So, now I have three different doctors stating my case is disabiling or debilitating plus all these damn tests I have done down here,3 ER visits, and a hospital stay of 5 days. I just hope that the refferal adds to the possibility they will approve my appeal and that I can finally get a settlement. I've been out of work for 18 months, that far exceeds their limit and the recent paperwork states uncertain when I will be well enough to hold any type of job.

I told her i will give them two more weeks and I am moving back to Northern IL. I am no better than 4 months ago when they started treating me. The only thing I have is another diagnosis. I will likely end up going to Chicago next (which is a 2.5 hour drive each way) from my mom's house.

Yesterday, just plain sucked! I am so sick of the red tape and BS to get decent medical care. When I am healhty enough I plan on doing something about trying to help others so they don't have to deal with the shit I have had to deal with.

Anyhow today is a new day and at least it has been much better! I'm hoping for good news tomorrow that the other neurologist with expertise in this type of migraine disorder that I will be seen by him before I leave the area.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your patience and strength are legendary. I would have killed someone by now.

I hope things start to look up for you. :smile:

I had an exhausting day yesterday. I was suppose to go see a neurologist that the top vertigo doc referred me to. I got out there and they told me they don't take my insurance. Waste of three hours!

I physically went to the ENT clinic to tell the nurse what happened that morning. She is going to have vertigo doc call and try to get them to see me for free or take my insurance. I had another follow up neuro visit with another doctor at a clinic on the hospital campus and told the nurse I would stop back and let her know what they said.

So, I see the same resident that is a total jerk on a power trip as I saw last time. He went and got his supervisor. His supervisor flat out told me he doesn't even believe in vestibular migraines and that I was faking everything. He can shove his opinion and his stethiscope up his fat ass as far as I am concerned.

I went and talked to the ENT nurse again and she is going to call me tomorrow. I was beyond disgusted with that neurologist I saw. I take it that is why I was referred to the other guy in the first place because, said vertigo doc must have known the opinion of the neuro in charge of the clinic at the hospital. She said that they have had trouble with the BS from that doctor at the clinic before.

She did give me a copy of the refferal to the other doctor as she knows I am in the appeals process of my disbility. It states on there more than once that patients condition is debilitating and needs further care. I took that and my last ER discharge sheet to my lawyer this morning! So, now I have three different doctors stating my case is disabiling or debilitating plus all these damn tests I have done down here,3 ER visits, and a hospital stay of 5 days. I just hope that the refferal adds to the possibility they will approve my appeal and that I can finally get a settlement. I've been out of work for 18 months, that far exceeds their limit and the recent paperwork states uncertain when I will be well enough to hold any type of job.

I told her i will give them two more weeks and I am moving back to Northern IL. I am no better than 4 months ago when they started treating me. The only thing I have is another diagnosis. I will likely end up going to Chicago next (which is a 2.5 hour drive each way) from my mom's house.

Yesterday, just plain sucked! I am so sick of the red tape and BS to get decent medical care. When I am healhty enough I plan on doing something about trying to help others so they don't have to deal with the shit I have had to deal with.

Anyhow today is a new day and at least it has been much better! I'm hoping for good news tomorrow that the other neurologist with expertise in this type of migraine disorder that I will be seen by him before I leave the area.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
oh believe me, after I read what that "diagnosis" was on the internet I wanted to go kick the guy where it hurts or trip him with my cane!