Anterior or posterior fornix?

chefgreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girl hates her anterior fornix massaged, but she loves having my head nudge her posterior.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Amazing, absolutely amazing reading. This has solidified an indescribable experience I have had a few times and only recalled after reading through all of this. Thanks all, very informative and demystifying - almost a second re-awakening. (First is discovering that you have a penis - *laugh*) I have never experienced so much as a pop as much as a *pause*. Like we both instinctively knew something - and then a slow, guided glide into place. I have been reading this thread with an "Oh! So THAT is what is going on?!" sort of wonderment.

I admit, I do not know *everything*. Just a teensy bit about broad subjects all around. ;D

For me, learning about sex encompasses a few stages. I should sit down and put this in outline form, but her's my first stab...

A) Obtain the information: This is pretty self explanatory. Either through books, sex-ed class, TV, anecdotes, self revelations, etc. First arm yourself with knowledge

B) Application: Obviously, you need a trustworthy partner who's open to the usual hiccups when trying something new. Lots and lots of enthusiasm is a must (for me anyway)

C) One on one discussion: This is the post-coital information gathering, de-briefing phase. You compare recollected mental notes and go back and forth on what worked and what didn't. This one's somewhat tricky as you could go back to part B (Application) then discuss then apply, and discuss and apply some more. It's a vicious cycle, I tellz 'ya. But if you play your cards right, it could be a viscous cycle too.

D) Discussion within a forum of like minded people. Sometimes when you insert tab A into slot B, the owners of tab A and slot B get stuck in one mode, they never realize something different until Widget C, from lpsg, mentions to wiggle. That's the beauty of discussion groups and threads like this. My life is one big laboratory, and everything's a learning experience. There have been things discussed in the last 3 pages I'm dying to try out!

E) Loop back to B) until perfected. Remember, perfection is not the key, the journey to perfection is what matters.

And that's the geek's guide to learning about sex.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I talked to two gynecologists about it way back in June and I was told that it might not last my entire pregnancy. Even though I am stretchy, that doesn't mean that I'll keep the depth advantage I had before. I can tell that the relaxin is still working because even when we don't have sex for a while now, his girth never makes me feel sore any more. Ever. There's no need to keep me stretched out girth-wise using sex toys.

As the womb grows, women's back become swayed and her hips become tilted downwards, in order to accommodate the growth. Eventually the womb isn't just growing upwards, pushing all the organs above and to the back and the sides of the womb, it will also start sitting lower eventually, and I believe that's what that gynecologist meant when he said that any vaginal depth changes may be temporary during my pregnancy.

It sounds like the relaxin is still doing it's job, but now your vagina's depth has changed becuase the uterus is pushing forward. Stuff down there is still being stretched, but in the opposite direction. Hopefullt we can have this conversation 2 years from now and you'll be able to let me know if the relaxin created any permanent stretching. I've always been under the impression the whole thing about women getting looser after giving birth was from the damage during delivery. By your description, it could've very well been the whole pregnancy itself responsdible for the stretchiness.

I found two brands and I made a thread asking members if they had tried either one. I was also concerned about girth, since he's bigger around than average. No one ended up being able to give me a first hand account of how comfortable either one was, or give me the internal diameter of either one.

See, the nerd in me is trying to figure out a way to make a home-made donut using 2 PVC pipes, one inside the other, and filling it with silicone caulk. You two could custom fit the inner diameter to his girth and the height to to the difference in your depth and his length.

We could call it a caulk ring.

I should try one out. TheBF really wanted to try them, even though I told him that I thought it would look a little silly. It would solve the problem, I'm sure of it!

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to experiment. They don't sound too expensive.

It's so rare for TheBF not to have an erection and be ready to go when I am that it didn't even occur to me that he might not be able to after I freaked him out. That idea didn't even cross my mind.

I need to do more research about catecholamines and figure out the whole dynamics behind that. I may understand myself more as a result.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, this is my last post on this thread for a while, I feel like I'm monopolizing it. I'm fixated on Paige's post and I was thinking of doing some kind of guide to cds/posterior fornix manipulation. My main problem is that I can do it from a guy's perspective. So, from a woman's perspective, I have these (the first one's slow to load, but worth it):

http://www.giffies.com/games/files/CouchFuck.gif

GIFS :: Share your Gifs with friends : adult friends: GIFTUBE.COM

...basically, slide it in without colliding with the cervix and then slamming into the fornix...

This one is more grinding as opposed to impacting (amazing only if he's in the pocket):

GIFS :: Share your Gifs with friends : adult friends: GIFTUBE.COM

I love GIF files as it captures the movement and having it loop and loop over again isn't only mesmerizing, it brings out all the nuances.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds like the relaxin is still doing it's job, but now your vagina's depth has changed becuase the uterus is pushing forward. Stuff down there is still being stretched, but in the opposite direction. Hopefullt we can have this conversation 2 years from now and you'll be able to let me know if the relaxin created any permanent stretching. I've always been under the impression the whole thing about women getting looser after giving birth was from the damage during delivery. By your description, it could've very well been the whole pregnancy itself responsdible for the stretchiness.

The relaxin tapers off for 6 weeks after birth and that tapering helps everything get tighter again. The tapering off of relaxin is actually supposed to help the uterus return to normal size, from the size of a basketball back to the size of my fist! A lot of "shrinking" occurs after birth.

Looseness after childbirth usually is from damage during childbirth, mainly of the nerves that control the vaginal muscles, from stretching or shearing forces during vaginal birth, tearing of the vagina during delivery, or even just from months of being compressed under the weight of the womb during pregnancy which can cause atrophy of the vaginal muscles and the muscles that control the bladder. I've experienced some of that myself already.

Any post pregnancy depth difference won't be because of relaxin directly. The depth part might be affected after I'm pregnant because of the way that my organs have been pushed around on top of, behind and to the sides of my womb, which was made possible because of the loosening of ligaments and tissues from relaxin, from the enlargening of my uterus, when things settle back, it might not settle the exact same way as before when my body stops producing relaxin. My vagina will probably be different than before, and no one can predict how it will be different.

See, the nerd in me is trying to figure out a way to make a home-made donut using 2 PVC pipes, one inside the other, and filling it with silicone caulk. You two could custom fit the inner diameter to his girth and the height to to the difference in your depth and his length.

We could call it a caulk ring.

It doesn't sound very comfortable, for him or for me! I want it to be made out of that great squishy jelly stuff or cyberskin or something. :smile:

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to experiment. They don't sound too expensive.

True! I should try at least one of them out. Maybe my first choice will be the best one. If not, I can try the other one out.

I need to do more research about catecholamines and figure out the whole dynamics behind that. I may understand myself more as a result.

Yes, I confess that I know nothing about them myself.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quick note: The caulking ring would be molded by the two cecentic pipes. Then the silicone donut will be removed from the pipes and then used. Sorry for being vague.

Oh!!! I see! You're just using that as a mold! I get it now.

amshy23

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi petite,
Just thought I'd add in a personal experience (first ever post), in respose to one of your posts, because the topic has been on my mind a lot lately too. I've learned a lot and enjoyed reading other posts on LPSG.

Pre-pregnancy, hubby and I did occasionally have the "ouch you just hit my cervix" problem. He felt like he hit something inside, which has to be my cervix, and would have to stay more shallow inside me (most often when we were just getting going, or doggy style anytime). However, when close to orgasm I'd be begging for the last bit of length to hit the "hurts so good spot". Not sure if this was the anterior or posterior fornix, or exactly what was happening, just that it was a REALLY good thing!

During pregnancy, I don't remember a big difference in my length/girth tollerance. I'd have to say things cooled off substantially for us overall. Partly due to the exhaustion I experienced and just the awkwardness of the belly in the way. Also because it became very difficult for me to orgasm and even though I was enjoying playtime immensely, hubby felt "guilty" that he'd get there and I wouldn't/couldn't.

Post pregnancy I have some surprising vagina changes, that seem to be relatively permanent (10 months). First of all, I have to say that after 6 weeks of abstinance, that getting used to hubby's girth was a tad difficult the first couple of times but is now not an issue. HOWEVER, I have noticed a surprising increase in my vaginal length, to the point that I really MISS hubby's ability to hit the end. I ended up not having a vaginal birth (was induced and at 9cm needed an emergency c-section) so not sure if stretching and changes during the pregnancy or the first part of labor could cause the change, or if it could be due to adhesions from the surgery. Haven't been back to my ob/gyn so I haven't asked if this is "normal". I have no pain or discomfort, everything just seems longer. Once I noticed the difference during sex, I have to admit I went "looking for the cervix". I checked my cervix position while we were trying to conceive and it was easily palpable, but now it has vanished!! I think I just have to adapt to the change as I don't think things will revert to thier original state!

It's not the type of thing I can discuss with others IRL...so interested to hear what others experiences are. I do hope that you get to keep some of the increased length, because it sounds like it would be a great thing for you!!

Good luck, and enjoy that baby once he is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawDog

The relaxin tapers off for 6 weeks after birth and that tapering helps everything get tighter again. The tapering off of relaxin is actually supposed to help the uterus return to normal size, from the size of a basketball back to the size of my fist! A lot of "shrinking" occurs after birth.

Looseness after childbirth usually is from damage during childbirth, mainly of the nerves that control the vaginal muscles, from stretching or shearing forces during vaginal birth, tearing of the vagina during delivery, or even just from months of being compressed under the weight of the womb during pregnancy which can cause atrophy of the vaginal muscles and the muscles that control the bladder. I've experienced some of that myself already.

Any post pregnancy depth difference won't be because of relaxin directly. The depth part might be affected after I'm pregnant because of the way that my organs have been pushed around on top of, behind and to the sides of my womb, which was made possible because of the loosening of ligaments and tissues from relaxin, from the enlargening of my uterus, when things settle back, it might not settle the exact same way as before when my body stops producing relaxin. My vagina will probably be different than before, and no one can predict how it will be different.

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do any more women here have input on my earlier question?

I forgot to ask, does having more length than the minimum required, increase the pleasure further? If 7" is enough to stimulate the area, does it feel even better if the area is stretched even more by say 8"? Or does this area not have much give to stretch back further? Does the girth of the head make much difference when contacting this spot? If so, what is the prefered girth? Thanks.

Also, this question hasn't be answered by anyone yet, I'd really appreciate some feedback.

I'm wondering whether this is something that a woman could grow to love with enough practise. Perhaps it takes some getting used to and for the brain to start to associate the feeling with pleasure. Are there any women here who didn't start to love this spot being hit until they had gotten used to the feeling? If so, how long did it take? Perhaps most women could grow to love it, if regular practise can rewire the brain and cause those nerve endings to be associated with pleasure.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
amshy23, thank you for sharing your experience with me! I do hope that things change for the better afterward. I've already had a few changes as I've aged, such as the tilt of my uterus has changed.

I must point out one particular anatomical error that you seem to have made. The cervix is not at the end of the vagina. The back wall of the vagina is known as the posterior fornix and it's past the cervix in an area called the cul-de-sac or The Pouch of Douglas. Depending on the tilt of the uterus, it's either a pocket behind the cervix or it's a pocket where one side is the actual uterus itself (which surely would feel different depending). It's the distance from the opening of my vagina to the end of the cul-de-sac that causes me grief, not the distance from the opening of my vagina to my cervix. My own cervix is only about 2.75" inside my vagina, and trust me, TheBF's penis is much longer than that. :redface:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
I'm wondering whether this is something that a woman could grow to love with enough practise. Perhaps it takes some getting used to and for the brain to start to associate the feeling with pleasure. Are there any women here who didn't start to love this spot being hit until they had gotten used to the feeling? If so, how long did it take?

See my post above; I am in the beginning stages of this situation

I forgot to ask, does having more length than the minimum required, increase the pleasure further? If 7" is enough to stimulate the area, does it feel even better if the area is stretched even more by say 8"? Or does this area not have much give to stretch back further? Does the girth of the head make much difference when contacting this spot?

Though I am still pretty new to the CDS thing, the man I am currently seeing has a good inch and a bit more than what it takes to contact my rear wall. In some ways I guess it feels better as he pushes back as far as he can because I am compliant that way, but as he does so my cervix feels as though it is being pulled down and back, along with the rest of me, which makes for some odd sensations. He's also very girthy, but I have no experience of anyone with a different size to compare it to. I will say that girth right to the end seems like a plus, as it erases the "loose tip" effect when I am fully aroused and tented.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm wondering whether this is something that a woman could grow to love with enough practise. Perhaps it takes some getting used to and for the brain to start to associate the feeling with pleasure. Are there any women here who didn't start to love this spot being hit until they had gotten used to the feeling? If so, how long did it take? Perhaps most women could grow to love it, if regular practise can rewire the brain and cause those nerve endings to be associated with pleasure.

at first it was only accessible (the CDS orgasm or those intense precursor sensations to it) through anal stimulation by toys in my mid to late 20s and only rarely, then gradually in my early 30s i discovered dildos and developed the ability to have those precursor sensations vaginally...eventually by my mid to very late 30s i developed the ability to regularly have the CDS orgasms vaginally w/ a certain way of stimulation. sexuality never ceases to amaze me.

it was never unpleasant, but it wasnt a capacity i had when i was younger. it just gradually happened.

Last edited:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
MrsR and I have gotten so much more in tune with the cds stimulation since our first conversation last year and we've noticed recently that there's a definite POP into the space now. Do you notice that too?

Funny you mention the "pop" thing. I feel almost this exact sensation about an inch before he fully enters. It starts like a little twitch of my vaginal walls, and then it is as ifs something bumped up and down (he commented on it as well). I would normally shudder as he entered this far, and then it was as if he found a whole new chamber within my vagina. Penetration at that point feels spectacular: very intense with a sensation of vigorous "heat" and stretching. Blissful to continue stimulation there for as long as I can endure.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Funny you mention the "pop" thing. I feel almost this exact sensation about an inch before he fully enters.

Okay, I'm beginning to feel left out. I have NEVER noticed the pop. Maybe I'm just too sex-stoned to notice (seriously, the sky could be falling in and I wouldn't notice). Or maybe I have no pop. Strange.

I loved it from the very first time. But then I like sex to hurt (a LITTLE!), so I'm maybe not the best judge. If it did hurt me initially (can't remember), it would only have improved the sex.

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny you mention the "pop" thing. I feel almost this exact sensation about an inch before he fully enters. It starts like a little twitch of my vaginal walls, and then it is as ifs something bumped up and down (he commented on it as well). I would normally shudder as he entered this far, and then it was as if he found a whole new chamber within my vagina. Penetration at that point feels spectacular: very intense with a sensation of vigorous "heat" and stretching. Blissful to continue stimulation there for as long as I can endure.

I thought that you said that it felt peculiar rather than pleasurable. Or have you been experimenting more since then? How come your partner has never reached so deep in you before, if he has the length to do so? Did you previously limit the depth of penetration because of discomfort when approaching the area? How long is your partner if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

gunnaknow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm having trouble imagining what this popping could be if it isn't the penis passing the cervix. Could it be the region that I have encircled in the picture below perhaps? Just behind the uterus.

Attachments

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, I'm beginning to feel left out. I have NEVER noticed the pop. Maybe I'm just too sex-stoned to notice (seriously, the sky could be falling in and I wouldn't notice). Or maybe I have no pop. Strange.

I have noticed a sensation when he passes my cervix if I'm not as aroused or if I haven't had sex in a while (pre-pregnancy). There is sometimes a very distinct feeling when the head of his cock goes past the cervix and into the cul-de-sac. It doesn't hurt, but I can see how that sensation might be described as a pop. However, that feeling is the exception and not the rule.

As far as any other area of my vagina, I don't notice a popping sensation there either. I asked TheBF and he said that he hasn't noticed one.

I suspect this is one of those anatomical differences between women.

Last edited:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
I thought that you said that it felt peculiar rather than pleasurable. Or have you been experimenting more since then? How come your partner has never reached so deep in you before, if he has the length to do so? Did you previously limit the depth of penetration because of discomfort when approaching the area? How long is your partner if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

We've been experimenting off and on through the week so it's an ongoing learning process. My partner is (he's new to me) is slightly over 8", but that's really not the issue. His girth is the problem since I can only take about 3/4's of his shaft inside me during the initial stages of sex due to girth nearing the base that flares very quickly.

Still learning the ropes.