MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
@diamond Once the oils emulsify the amount of oil that ends up on you face is minimal. A pea sized dollop is all you need.

When the recipe was handed down my first reaction was "so dip my face in shortening and call it a night?"

But the portions of oil are measured in the 1/4 cup and teaspoons. It feeds my hippie skin. But I am looking to swap in some more sustainability friendly oils.

Gonna second and third and whatever we're up to on the sunscreen. I don't leave the house without spf 50. Raiding the smoll humans section for sensitive skin versions up to spf 100 has help me win the war on freckles and fine lines.

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
1.Aveeno Ultra-Calming Face Wash.
2.L'oreal Revitalift Eye Serum (doesn't irritate my eyes and can be used on both upper and lower lids.)
3. Protocol Skin Care System

The Complete Renewing Line

The cleanser I use once a week. Too strong for me to use more frequently.

I mix the retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid together in the palm of my hand and cover my face and neck.

4. Babyganic sunblock SPF50

You won't be disappointed.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Current routine: oil cleansing much like Ms Mickey’s.
I also make my own hyaluronic acid and VIt C serum. Get both powdered and play around with it.
This goes on face, neck and décolleté.
I use sun protection aimed at the non walking. Always zinc based.

I use soap alternating days. Otherwise the oils are a bit much and I get breakouts. For the record, I’m 51

Sunscreen is the most important anti-aging product of all! I use it under my foundation and over my moisturizer.
Sunscreen and moisturizer (or both in one product). The other products might help, but those are the most important. I am in my 30s and, since I live in a tropical area, I started to clearly see the difference of those ppl who enjoyed life to its fullest without using sunscreen to those that avoided the sun. That beautiful tan charges its price later in life.

Well, we can only fight aging, but even the result of that fight is determined by genetics. Many causes for aging are being studied, but guess what... it is in DNA level. Some ppl exercise and eat health food their entire life, but they can barely walk straight in their 60s. Other ppl, smoke, gamble and eat junk food every day, but they don't have a single heart condition. The same applies to ours kin. Life isn't fair.

Reactions: MickeyLee

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've read numerous scientific journals and albeit sunscreen is the way to go, I am not sure a high level SPF 50 would be a good choice. Is there a natural SPF treatment? I am not a fan of applying all those chemicals to my face...just saying...

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've read numerous scientific journals and albeit sunscreen is the way to go, I am not sure a high level SPF 50 would be a good choice. Is there a natural SPF treatment? I am not a fan of applying all those chemicals to my face...just saying...
Look for zinc based sunscreens. They provide a physical barrier as opposed to a chemical one. The only downside is that most have a white cast. I believe Ren makes one (you can order it from Sephora) that has a minimal white cast.

The other thing you might consider is Korean sunscreens. Their chemical makeup is far less harsh than N. American sunscreens. I order mine from Stylevana. Purito for normal/dry skin and Klairs for combination skin.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Brush on sunscreen powder would be awesome, I just haven’t been able to find one at a reasonable price in Canada. The ones on Amazon.ca run from $45-90!

D

deleted924715

Has anyone tried derma rolling? I want to but I'm a chicken

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look for zinc based sunscreens. They provide a physical barrier as opposed to a chemical one. The only downside is that most have a white cast. I believe Ren makes one (you can order it from Sephora) that has a minimal white cast.

The other thing you might consider is Korean sunscreens. Their chemical makeup is far less harsh than N. American sunscreens. I order mine from Stylevana. Purito for normal/dry skin and Klairs for combination skin.

thanks so much, just ordered from Stylevana, I will let you know how it works out....

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Has anyone tried derma rolling? I want to but I'm a chicken
That scares me! At least the ‘at-home’ versions. I might let a dermatologist do it, but even then...yikes. It just seems scary. I’ve heard you get good results, though. Still there’s a risk of scarring if it’s not done right.

Reactions: deleted924715
D

deleted924715

That scares me! At least the ‘at-home’ versions. I might let a dermatologist do it, but even then...yikes. It just seems scary. I’ve heard you get good results, though. Still there’s a risk of scarring if it’s not done right.

I don't know if I'm more scared of me doing it or someone else doing it :D

D

deleted924715

Happens to me too with some of the heavier creams. I don't like that feeling

Reactions: ChanelleNo5

Am I the only one that starts sweating immediately after putting cremes on my face? I feel like it's not even worth it because I just sweat it off before it has a chance.

I cleanse face pretty thoroughly in shower, so putting retinol, acne spot treatment, then moisturizer after drying off seems to work pretty well for me. Do shower at night tho, so that may make big difference. Am comfy/cool for bed, not run around for work/whatever. Order o my product layers seem to really matter too. Moisturizer last, so other product absorb better. Mostly use a gel moisturizer for face tho, not a cream type one. Retinol is like. A serum thing? The vitamin c is a thicker gel consistency an the spot treatment is a cream, but applied sparingly as needed.

If tried to do during day/morning, yes, face is definitely oily a few spots so probably not getting best use out o products.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gels are lighter than creams, so that might make a difference to you. Also, like masqued.visage says, do your major routine at night and keep it simple in the morning. Cleanse, moisturize, sunscreen. Do the fun stuff at night. :)

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anti gravity cream would be a grrrreat invention. Probably why mermaids and mermen always look so good is because they live in the weightlessness of salt water................:) Probably why Aquaman looks so good too.....
image-asset.jpeg

For us land dwellers though...it's a constant battle just to stay upright and uptight :)...In saying that though, the best friend we have is to keep our skin hydrated...drink water if we can't live in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 286798 and LaFemme

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not an anti-aging product but something that I started using in January and I think it has changed my skin quite a bit. Its an oil cleanser called Best Skin Ever Seabuckthorn. In combination with doing facial massage while cleansing and using a toner called Mystic afterwards, I would say my skin is at least 25% better than it was. I also use a product a couple times a week(when I remember) that has hydroxy acid and retinol. To be honest I think my skin looks just as good after using just the 2 products I mentioned above but the massaging is key. NoySkincare.com is where I purchase everything. The price point might be on the high side but nothing outrageous.

Reactions: Mzseduction