Anti-Americanism at LPSG

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
No, not fantasy. This is capitalism. As I said before, any practice that deviates from this is not capitalism.

With regard to the "huge corporations" you mention, are you saying that you don't have the choice to refuse to buy their products or use their services? Are you saying that your life doesn't benefit from these products and services if you choose to buy them?

Only governments have a monopoly on the use of physical force.

As far as "big business" and the Republican party is concerned, I am just as critical as you of politicians and businessmen or unions or any other lobby group, receiving preferential treatment, the unearned, favours etc.

This is the problem with our modern democracy / mixed economy - it's a society ruled by pressure groups, all fighting to seize a momentary control of the legislative machinery, to extort some special privilege at another's expense by an act of government ie. by force.

That is why I support a complete separation of state from economics and a society based upon the protection of individual, (not collective), rights. As did the Founding Fathers of America.

Yes, we don;t have a choice. Corporations have bought up everyone to the point of no competition. Republicans want top privatize everything. Individuals have less and less rights when corporations are concerned. They have bought our government. You have a lot to learn about dear. What you are proposing is fascism.

"Are you saying that your life doesn't benefit from these products and services if you choose to buy them?"

Thank you, Stalin. And therein lies your problem. Buy you and sell you. Corporations are not people and pounce on individuals. They can throw you out of your house now if they wish to build on the property and the local government allows it.

Become an American dear. Then we can discuss issues. You have no understanding of what you are saying. You live in a Utopia.

Don't speak on the behalf of the founding fathers. You really need a better history class, dear.

gugomos2

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Our British friends may recognize this sort of mindset. Kipling described it rather well as: The White Man's Burden. We're bringing democracy and civilization to the fuzzywuzzies, wogs, and hottentots! We're improving lives all over the world, making the world safe for democracy. At least that's how I see it.

Shiningdog sees us taking on thankless but noble tasks, preventing even bigger wars by pre-emptively striking now, preventing first Germany and Japan, then the USSR bloc, and now China from taking over the world. Where America goes, freedom follows and the price paid in lives is worth it in the end. We seek no payment, no thanks. We do not expect the world to understand what it is to live in the United States. We have the most freedoms, the highest standard of living, the greatest economic opportunity, the most open government in the world. Our advances are so great that we do God's work by spreading American influence around the world. After all, we are not shiftless and crafty Nazis or Commies. We're the good guys!

You've got to convince parents and young people that's the case or they won't support an imperialist war or send their children into one.

This is precisely what I meant when I said the US is of two very different mindsets.

Thank you Shiningdog for illustrating my point.

That is said ironically, I hope?!