Anti-Americanism at LPSG

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I'm walking out the door now (daughter's birthday), but I had to comment: Was I the only one to notice that half the people disagreeing with my viewpoint didn't even post their country of origin in their profile?

And BTW, to restate my viewpoint: It's rude to bash the nationality of the people you're talking to...

* puts tongue in cheek *

FUCK Italians!

Screw the English!

Pigheaded French!

Horrible, nasty Americans!

To hell with all you Earthlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blow 'em all up !! Only the Welsh should be saved.... (I don't want anything to happen to DW!!)

G'night.

I would think that he was politely asking you to take a breath and wonder why others around the world possibly feel this way. Stop being so myopic - the world does not revolve around the United States, as your citizens are just beginning to understand. Wake up from your slumber. Life is not Hollywood, contrary to popular belief.

Ignoring for a moment your blatant rudeness (see the comments about manners above), consider that our major media outlets do not report what America does abroad that reflects poorly on the country. Unless a news event is so blatant and big as to be unspinnable, the stories are largely ignored. Hillary Clinton's campaign just managed to quash an unflattering story about her because her campaign threatened to halt all access to her by any outlet that published the story. That's how things are run.

It's not that Americans don't want to know, it's that they're not given the opportunity to find out.

Next, consider that the US is a vast place. Very big with many different peoples in it but mainly consists of two groups; those in the heartland and those on the coasts. The political, moral, cultural, and religious philosophies of these two groups are diametrically opposed and the gulf is growing wider. America has always had a dual persona of sorts, going back to when it was founded and the simmering differences exploded in our very bloody civil war some 90 years later. Though the players and reasons have changed, the situation is similar.

The people who managed to get Bush elected and continue to support him won't be found on this forum or any like it unless they're trolling. You will not find the millions of conservative Christians anywhere near this board or any like it.

Do not lump us altogether as if we're all ignorant or wish to be ignorant. Do not be rude or patronizing either. All that does is give the impression that you've got an inferiority complex about whatever country it is from which you hail. Do not think we believe life is like what Hollywood tells us it is. If anybody knows this, it's us. We invented it after all. Nor are we all quiet about what is going on either. You will find voices of dissent on TV, radio, newspapers, and certainly on the internet. There are many Americans furious with how things are being run by the emperor with no clothes. Maybe you don't hear that where you are.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Vices2Habits

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Actually, I'm not familiar with what you're talking about, and I'd appreciate a synopsis... ...<snipped>... I go to Mexico several times a year, but I don't rant to my friends there about how their economic conditions cause a lot of problems for the U.S. --- it would be rude of me.

[Banging head on table in frustration] The United States, in large part, directly caused Mexico's poor economic conditions, and the resulting refugee flight north... the U.S. killed their native corn species forever, and their people are starving as a result.

Sheesh.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I have to say that being older 41 years old and late to the internet forums, I have come to find out a few things especially about sex sites.

1. Forums are dominated by gay males.
2. Most gays are liberal.
3. Most gays cannot stand religion.
4. Most gays hate what America stands for.
5. Many prolific posters are very good writers, but writing well does not constitute intelligence.

So yes I would agree about the Anti Americanism of this and many sites, but unlike the OP, I do take exception to it and try to call it out when I see it.

Forums are dominated by gay males? The Internet is, always has been, and always will be saturated with young heterosexual teen males.

Most gays are liberal? If society doesn't accept them, then why wouldn't they want change?

Most gays can't stand religion? You mean religion can't stand gays, no?

Most gays hate what America stands for? What, pray tell, does America stand for?

Writing well does not constitute intelligence? How ironic

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, the majority of contentious posts come from narrow-minded twits like yourself.:mad: From where I stand it seems "they" take a lot of crap from a lot of people both online and IRL. I don't our gay members for sometimes responding quickly. It's best to nip such negativity in the bud.

Are you really female? Did a I just catch a faker? Sorry, that was mean, but calling me a twit?

Name one right that a gay person doesn't have that I have?

If you are talking about marriage (they have the right to marry any one of the opposite sex just like I do) civil unions will accomplish the same goal, but it is not good enough for them - most conservatives will support this legislation. You have to ask why do gay not want it if it is the same thing? Because they want their parents, their pastor, their priest to say it is OK. It is not going to happen.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[Banging head on table in frustration] The United States, in large part, directly caused Mexico's poor economic conditions, and the resulting refugee flight north... the U.S. killed their native corn species forever, and their people are starving as a result.

Sheesh.

If you are former millitary, thank you for your service. But please do not lecture on economics or agriculture for that matter.

Vices2Habits

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hello Vices2Habits.

Are you usually this rude, or does my objection to rudeness bring out this response from you?

Now that's quite a strange attitude
Your view of what's rude is quite skewed
From what I can discern
You have too much to learn
So please go and get yourself clued.

If you are talking about marriage (they have the right to marry any one of the opposite sex just like I do) civil unions will accomplish the same goal, but it is not good enough for them - most conservatives will support this legislation. You have to ask why do gay not want it if it is the same thing? Because they want their parents, their pastor, their priest to say it is OK. It is not going to happen.

This sounds frightening like separate-but-equal. What will gays want next? To sit in the front of the bus:eek:?

If marriage and civil unions conferred the same civil benefits, then what's the problem? Is it just a matter of semantics then? Seems to me a whole lot wiser just to let them marry rather than create a duplicate bureaucracy, no? Clergy already have the right to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to and no part of the gay marriage issue has to do with forcing anyone to perform marriages save for the states themselves. There are plenty of churches, temples, and religious organizations out there that welcome gay members and will happily marry them.

It's not that we're demanding your approval for marriage rights. We're demanding it because we're entitled to the same rights before the law that you are. The right to marry is conferred by the law because all Americans are equal before the law, not by a majority who would rather call the insitution civil union as if it were some second-class alternative partnering for alternative people. The institution of marriage is not yours or anyone elses to "give" to gays. It is theirs by right of citizenship.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Are you really female? Did a I just catch a faker? Sorry, that was mean, but calling me a twit?

Are you that dense dude? She was refering to "our gay members."

Oh. You are that dense. My bad. I guess you aren't too familiar with tacit assumptions of organizational culture. You can walk down a dark alley at night; an effeminate gay male cannot.

If you are talking about marriage (they have the right to marry any one of the opposite sex just like I do)

Oh man. Denser than a doorknob. Giving a homosexual the right to marry the opposite sex is like giving tits to a hen.

civil unions will accomplish the same goal, but it is not good enough for them - most conservatives will support this legislation.

Having less rights is not good enough for them huh. Go figure.

You have to ask why do gay not want it if it is the same thing? Because they want their parents, their pastor, their priest to say it is OK. It is not going to happen.

100% straight or 100% self-loathing homo? Hmmm...

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now that's quite a strange attitude
Your view of what's rude is quite skewed

It's an attitude that I have encountered before, Vices. Some people treat the word "nice" as if it expressed a moral category, and anything that anyone says that is not "nice" they call "rude" or "mean." So, for example, if they make some indefensible, confused, or absurd statement and you say to them, "Your view is preposterous, and here's why" (followed by detailed refutation of what they said), then they judge that you are being "rude." Of course, they feel that this relieves them of any obligation to reply to your criticisms, or indeed even to give them one second of rational consideration.

Vices2Habits

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If you are former millitary, thank you for your service. But please do not lecture on economics or agriculture for that matter.

There was no lecture on either... and what was stated is not even controversial.

I'll post what I want, as I like. You can either engage the fact claims -- politiely and intelligently -- or try to bully others, as you have done here.

You will not earn any respect on the second path.

Vices2Habits

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's an attitude that I have encountered before, Vices. Some people treat the word "nice" as if it expressed a moral category, and anything that anyone says that is not "nice" they call "rude" or "mean." So, for example, if they make some indefensible, confused, or absurd statement and you say to them, "Your view is preposterous, and here's why" (followed by detailed refutation of what they said), then they judge that you are being "rude." Of course, they feel that this relieves them of any obligation to reply to your criticisms, or indeed even to give them one second of rational consideration.
Now THAT has to be one the most prescient obsevations that I've encountered so far...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I'm walking out the door now (daughter's birthday), but I had to comment: Was I the only one to notice that half the people disagreeing with my viewpoint didn't even post their country of origin in their profile? I noticed that as well. :mad:

Are you really female? Yes, check my gallery. Did a I just catch a faker? ROTFLMAO, what a pity that you are blind and stupid. Sorry, that was mean, but calling me a twit? I was trying not to curse.

If you are talking about marriage (they have the right to marry any one of the opposite sex just like I do) civil unions will accomplish the same goal, but it is not good enough for them - most conservatives will support this legislation. IMHO, the fact conservatives support civil unions just proves there is something wrong with it. You have to ask why do gay not want it if it is the same thing? Because they want their parents, their pastor, their priest to say it is OK. It is not going to happen.
It's not the same thing! If it were there would be no need for separate legislation. You seem to be under the very wrong impression that marriage and civil union are synonyms, they are not.

This sounds frightening like separate-but-equal. What will gays want next? To sit in the front of the bus:eek:? I was thinking the same thing; but I didn't want the militant blacks to get on my case.:redface:

If marriage and civil unions conferred the same civil benefits, then what's the problem? Is it just a matter of semantics then? Seems to me a whole lot wiser just to let them marry rather than create a duplicate bureaucracy, no? Clergy already have the right to refuse to marry anyone they don't want to and no part of the gay marriage issue has to do with forcing anyone to perform marriages save for the states themselves. There are plenty of churches, temples, and religious organizations out there that welcome gay members and will happily marry them.

It's not that we're demanding your approval for marriage rights. We're demanding it because we're entitled to the same rights before the law that you are. The right to marry is conferred by the law because all Americans are equal before the law, not by a majority who would rather call the insitution civil union as if it were some second-class alternative partnering for alternative people. The institution of marriage is not yours or anyone elses to "give" to gays. It is theirs by right of citizenship.

Are you that dense dude? She was refering to "our gay members." Actually I was calling him a twit as I was trying not to curse at him.

Oh. You are that dense. My bad. I guess you aren't too familiar with tacit assumptions of organizational culture. You can walk down a dark alley at night; an effeminate gay male cannot. Good point! I'm glad you bought that up. I'm sure he thinks Laramie and Stonewall were isolated incidents. :mad:
Having less rights is not good enough for them huh. Go figure.
100% straight or 100% self-loathing homo? Hmmm...
I believe that he is 100% straight. He is a middle-aged, white male, living in the middle of the country. Everythinh he posts sounds like a commercial for rightwing whackos.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I don't have time to read all of the prior responses. So, at the risk of repeating other people's sentiments, I would say that there is a STRONG anti-American venom regurlarly spat on this website.

However, I believe that the reason is yawningly obvious. There exists an extreme Western European liberal element that hates American tradition, values and "imperialism." Ironically, this same element is found among many self-hating American elites as well.

IN GENERAL [let the record show I'm not speaking for every individual] homosexuals are more likely to embrace extremist liberal ideologies. The anti-Americanism of LPSG spans a wide spectrum, from the socially acceptable and thoroughly exhausted "Bush Derangement Syndrome" to the anti-circumcision threads (a predominantly Jewish and American- Christian practice).

Personally, I laugh at anti-Americanism. I liken it to those baseball fans who hate the New York Yankees solely for their tremendous success. The green monster of jealousy is sometimes dangerous and sometimes laughable. In this case, I regard him as the latter. Don't forget that people around the world protested Ronald Reagan by the 100,000s, arguing that he was a "War Monger." History has shown, and will continue to show, that Ronald Reagan was principally responsible for containing totalitarianism and protecting Europe from potential Soviet occupation.

I believe that history is now in the process of repeating itself.

BTW- Yay Sarkozy!!! :biggrin1:
You don't know your enemy well enough it would seem. The number of Brits for example, who hate Americans per se are low, the number who hate Bush drives up reasonably close to 100%. Why? Because he is the personification of everything WRONG with America: Corrupt, war-hungry, stupid, greedy and a liar.

I'd go so far to say, that if the US DIDN'T have the ability to kill every man woman and child on the planet (multiple times over), no one would even bother talking to the cretin.

The British are distraut whenever a US plane bombs a British army convoy. They are upset when their planes are shot down, and they are generally pissed off that their army is being spread thing fighting wars that have no relevance to the war against Islam at home. (Let alone that England alone has more 'brownies' than most Americans probably ever see in a lifetime without being down the barrel of a gun.)

It is becoming harder and harder to justify the "association by guilt" that the nation has, especially because the British are not used to being subserivant and even worse, seen only as lap-dogs, poodles and puppets.

The British nation is going through a second rennaisance as far as culture is going as many foreign cultures and interests dilute together to create something different from any other multi-cultural society on Earth, and tbh, these freedoms are free-er than even the US, (at least killing gays is a crime) but:

We are not the 52nd state!

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I choose to take few criticisms of the US personally. Ergo, they don't bother me much.

Besides, it'd be just a bit presumptuous of me to tell other people what they should think of the US and what they should post.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, I'm walking out the door now (daughter's birthday), but I had to comment: Was I the only one to notice that half the people disagreeing with my viewpoint didn't even post their country of origin in their profile? I noticed that as well. :mad:

Are you really female? Yes, check my gallery. Did a I just catch a faker? ROTFLMAO, what a pity that you are blind and stupid. Sorry, that was mean, but calling me a twit? I was trying not to curse.

If you are talking about marriage (they have the right to marry any one of the opposite sex just like I do) civil unions will accomplish the same goal, but it is not good enough for them - most conservatives will support this legislation. IMHO, the fact conservatives support civil unions just proves there is something wrong with it. You have to ask why do gay not want it if it is the same thing? Because they want their parents, their pastor, their priest to say it is OK. It is not going to happen.
It's not the same thing! If it were there would be no need for separate legislation. You seem to be under the very wrong impression that marriage and civil union are synonyms, they are not.

I believe that he is 100% straight. He is a middle-aged, white male, living in the middle of the country. Everythinh he posts sounds like a commercial for rightwing whackos.
Oh! That Mother fucker is hitting the pipe. Thats some crazy shit. Did the Circus have a big lay off ? LOL:eek::biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Sheesh.

Are you referring to NAFTA Vices2Habits? We didn't kill their native corn. We did however, sell our corn at a lower price on the world market which left them high and dry. As for the refugee flight north, that was an issue long before NAFTA came into being.

I'm sorry, but Mexico has been in bad shape economically since Hector was a puppy and he's a big dog now. You can't place all the blame on us.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember hearing a quote many years ago. It went something like this: " I may not agree with what you say but I defend your right to say it." Freedom of speech is a principle many people in many countries have fought for. However there's a time and place for everything.

This forum is successful and popular because of all the people that contribute to it no matter what their nationality.

There have been many rude and ignorant comments expressed on LPSG for example the gentleman on post #24's comments about gay men.

I agree that its very rude to make derogatory comments based on one's nationality. Earlier there was a thread asking why there is so much anti-Americanism in the world. IMHO that's the place to discuss it.