Anti-Americanism

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry, the train of thought died. JC seems to be about power-leadership and advanced business strategies. I don't get where you're coming from, and direct links?

I don't think this administration did not want to help 'darkie'. I think that FEMA was a badly run agency under Bush 1 with a political appointee running things. They failed when Andrew hit here in Florida (MOSTLY 'WHITIES' IN HOMESTEAD AFFECTED BTW). Then Clinton got in and changed the FEMA directorship from a political appointment to a professional one. He got, if I remember right, the disaster recovery guy from Arkansas to head the department(nepotism anyone?). It was a great, well motivated agency then (i.e. response to California earthquake among several responses).

Bush 2 moved in and made another political appointment and folded the agency into Homeland Security and we got the Katrina response mess up. Watch the show if you can.

The link was gotten from another PBS show about business success that was shown here last night. I really usually crap on most of the business ideas I hear and this time I found myself greatly respecting the ideas, while I simultaneously overly critiqued the possible flaws in presentation (my M.O.) but came out on the whole thinking very positively about the ideas this Jim Collins put forth. He talked in general about successful enterprises both public and private.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The link was gotten from another PBS show about business success that was shown here last night. I really usually crap on most of the business ideas I hear and this time I found myself greatly respecting the ideas, while I simultaneously overly critiqued the possible flaws in presentation (my M.O.) but came out on the whole thinking very positively about the ideas this Jim Collins put forth. He talked in general about successful enterprises both public and private.

spike,
I didn't see the show, but recently someone explained to me the basics of Collin's "Good to Great" findings. It is the first time in a long time that I felt that a popular book on corporate management was worth the paper it was printed on. The book is queued up on my reading list.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you are really interested in what other countries are saying about the United States I suggest to check this site called Watching America. It has articles sourced from all the major global newspapers. The articles are also available in the original language.

Watching America